A Taste for Luxury

Beccah

AD-TasteLuxury-LovePotion_.jpg

A Taste for Luxury

A fragrance which recalls the glamour of a wealthy woman: the sensual softness of a fur coat which retains a whiff of expensive perfume from its wearer. For all who have a taste for luxury, look no further than this scent: the lavish richness of a blend of Indian musks is infused with a lush bouquet of cassis, fig and tuberose. Utterly decadent, thoroughly feminine and timelessly beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CASSIS ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection,
aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
TUBEROSE ~ Dangerous pleasure. Excitement, sensuality.
INDIAN MUSKS ~
Self confidence
and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

I thought this one had Lady V's name all over it

True story I actually thought I was wearing a fur coat like this in my sleep the other day. BF was cold and decided to take my white fur blanket that I wrap around my shoulders at night like a mink- not even joking I sleep like this when it's cold- so in the middle of the night he tried to grab it and I sat up an said.. ' let go of my coat!

• 2 weeks later...

This one actually came out quite fruity and tangy to my nose. I hope as it dries down it will get a bit darker and more sensual, and I think it will!

ETA: Ok, yep, there it is... a bit spicy and dark, but still with that kind of blackcurrant fruity undertone.... I like it!

Edited by Synergist

This smells like a high end department store's fur or evening gown department, totally :)

That's actually what directly inspired Mara to create this! A childhood memory of hiding in a rack of fur coats.

This smells like a high end department store's fur or evening gown department, totally :)

That's actually what directly inspired Mara to create this! A childhood memory of hiding in a rack of fur coats.

I can't even believe you said that, Tyvey!! It's exactly that!! I guess the fur dept of the big NYC dept stores still smells the same after all these years?

I was so enamored of the furry richness I experienced that when I saw a pretty lady walking away wearing a fur coat, I slipped my hand in hers, pretended I was her daughter and made to leave with her. The funny thing was, at first she took my hand and was walking away with me, then she stopped, and said, Wait, I'm not your mother! :lol: I know, but can I go with you anyway?

Wow, I remember that smell too... my mom had one coat and a wrap when I was a kid... they hung together in the hall closet, and I'd nestle between them and sniff and nuzzle them...lol! Can't wait to try this on...

That's so funny because I was testing this out the other day and I started thinking about my pink suede and rabbit fur jacket I have at Maria's house somewhere!

This is utterly FABULOUS! I want to wear this with all my cocktail rings and high heels NAKED in a bubble bath of rose petals

I get no cassis which is fine by me, it's a brush of white florals and something that smells EXPENSIVE AND LUXE!

Edited by LadyVictoria

I can't even believe you said that, Tyvey!! It's exactly that!! I guess the fur dept of the big NYC dept stores still smells the same after all these years?

It smells exactly like a SPECIFIC STORE. Saks. I could SEE it when I smelled this!

I was so enamored of the furry richness I experienced that when I saw a pretty lady walking away wearing a fur coat, I slipped my hand in hers, pretended I was her daughter and made to leave with her. The funny thing was, at first she took my hand and was walking away with me, then she stopped, and said, Wait, I'm not your mother! :lol: I know, but can I go with you anyway?

ROFLMAO smooth operator Mara!!!! hilarious

It WAS Saks!!!!!!! That's where it happened!

OMG - you are AMAZING!!!

This is what I wrote to Luna when I made it:

I have a scent memory from my when I was a little kid. There's something about this blend that reminded me of being in the coat dept of Sacks Fifth Ave in NY, and squishing myself between the fur coats side by side on the racks...making an aisle where there was none...so I could feel the fur smooshing me on both sides up to the top of my head. The vaguely musky smell of the fur, combined with the scent of expensive perfume from previous customers that tried them on.

I have wonderful memories of hugging my grandma, smelling her perfume and feeling the softness of her fur-trimmed coat on my cheek. She's now over 100 and has dementia, but she still loves scent. That's my fur coat memory. I'm a little nervous about trying this because LPs with tuberose haven't worked on my skin.

Edited by perfumesniffer

At first this is a total blast of cassis on me, but then it backs off after about 20 minutes and I get the tuberose and the musks. I don't get so much of a fur coat impression as just that "vintage perfume" type of vibe, which tuberose generally makes me think of. I was expecting the fig to go weird but it's really buried beneath the other layers, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this more: 'Venus in Furs'? or is it 'I stole grandma's mink coat'?

• 2 weeks later...

ok cheers Luna, I'm seeking Venus in furs en dans une fiole really

Edited by Indigo

• 9 months later...

At first application, I got berry, sweetness, and a soap-like smell. As it dried, I got more of the musks to deepen it. Now it is very sophisticated. I get exotic, fruity sweetness and rich, lovely musk. The drydown is muuuuch nicer than first application! It is quite fancy and not an everyday scent. But I am supposed to be going to a masquerade ball this Christmas and this would be perfect with a long, beautiful gown. It's a very fancy and berry-like scent.