A Taste for Luxury

Beccah

It smells exactly like a SPECIFIC STORE. Saks. I could SEE it when I smelled this!

So check this out. Catherine was just making a spray of this for someone's order, and she says,

"You know, this scent is the epitome of wealth. It reminds me of shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue as a child, where I used to go with my grandmother to get my Easter ensemble every year....and this one time that I fell asleep on the floor of the fur department because it made me feel so safe."

Isn't that a TRIP? Everyone get's Saks from this!! They MUST scent their fur dept with Tuberose, they must!

Now I'm thinking how annoyed the employees of the Saks fur department must get trying to round up stray children. :lol:

I once heard this complaint from a crotchety old guy that worked at a comic book store, that parents would drop their kids off there and expect the employees to be babysitters....bwaha!

LOL^^^^ I used to love to do that.

I'm thinking of the sign I saw in a coffee house, "Stray Children Will Be Given A Puppy And A Free Espresso"

So check this out. Catherine was just making a spray of this for someone's order, and she says,

"You know, this scent is the epitome of wealth. It reminds me of shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue as a child, where I used to go with my grandmother to get my Easter ensemble every year....and this one time that I fell asleep on the floor of the fur department because it made me feel so safe."

Isn't that a TRIP? Everyone get's Saks from this!! They MUST scent their fur dept with Tuberose, they must!

Oooh, just saw this. Now I'm now trying not to get unreasonably excited, cause I ordered a spray of this one. Have to remind myself it could be any one of thousands of other people's orders being talked about here. Won't...start...droooooling.....yet..... :Emoticons0086:

• 11 months later...

Upon dry down, this one smells like almond on me... marzipan to be more exact. There is some sweetness and very light creaminess to it, but it stay perfumey overall. And what can be more luxurious than that? It must be the fruit mixed with musks that combine to smell like marzipan on my skin. I like it, it is very sophisticated.
This is something I would wear on romantic date at a fancy French restaurant, or waiting for my sweetheart in a silk robe while slathering some cops :Emoticons0424:

I *so* love this one. My partner..not so much, so I wear it when I am not around him. Mara really quite successfully captured an aura of wealthiness in this one. I get the beautiful, comforting Tuberose ( the true essence is known to cause euphoria) and yes, a subtle, comforting fur like scent. I'm really not sure why this LP wasn't more popular. It is definitely an elegant scent!

I'll have to try it around my sweetheart... he took a while to warm up to LP scents, and I still get comments that I smell like candles or worse (ugh, honey scents...), but now that he has his own stash of samples to play with, he seems more open to my scents as long as they aren't too dirty or foodie.
I think this one will go just fine - it may come across as a little foodie to him, but I should be fine. I can see myself wearing this with LFM, SS4W or LFN.

• 2 months later...

Hmmm, I tried this one yesterday and I don't really get what the rest of you seem to get. My first impression was: "Soft and sweet. Where is the fur?" Because for some reason I was under the impression that there was some sort of animal musk in it to give it that "fur" feel.

I have never been to Saks, but now I want to go just so I can see if it smells like this scent. ;)

What I did find was that it's very perfumey. I can understand interpreting it as a "wealthy" scent, although I don't think that's necessarily the main impression it gives. To me it's just very soft and pleasant. I like it but I don't know if I would look for a full bottle of it. It's yet another one that I'll have to try again in the future to see if my impression of it is any different.

• 1 month later...
Guest cutie.pie

I got some of this from lovely Phergineer.

It's a really nice, luxurious scent. This is indeed how luxury smells like.

• 10 months later...

OMG! I am really regretting the many, many, many times I looked at this scent on Etsy, when it was still available, and passed it up. I kept thinking I would buy it next time. Well, I finally got a sample and the chance to try it and I'm in love with this scent and it's gone. Damn it! Why didn't I just buy the bottle?!

This seems like a very familiar scent to me too. It makes me think of my childhood and department stores too but my images are of the makeup counters and ladies in fancy clothes and different shades of lipsticks. It's so beautiful! I would wear this often. Now I have a tiny sample that I'll hoard as much as I possibly can.