Beccah

AD-AutumnWishes-LovePotion_.jpg

Autumn Wishes

Dandelions symbolize divination, adaptation and transformation. They change from buttery-yellow fluffy blooms to feathery white seed pods, ready to travel on to new destinations, starting their life cycle all over again. What better flower for the season of change than the hearty dandelion? This is the scented setting of an Autumnal stroll: the air clean and the earth slightly damp from a recent rain, as your feet crunch upon fallen leaves and then you come upon a dandelion stalk, ready for you to make a wish. You gently blow upon it and the seeds spiral upwards, carried away upon the cool freshly-washed breeze…we’ve recreated this moment with a blending of dandelion milk, crisp woods and wet leaves, and a fuzzy whirl of powdered vanilla sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
DANDELION MILK ~ Fertility, abundance, wishes, intuition, faithfulness, happiness, promotes psychic powers; aids in psychic communication.
DOGWOOD ~ Wishes granted and protection.
DAISY ~ Gentleness, innocence, loyalty and romance. Love, reunion, luck.
DRY VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

• 2 weeks later...

This is going right to my spell potions :) Autumn Wishes indeed...not a Calii scent but it is making me smile ,hmmmm.I don't get vanilla,but then my nose is not,umm,refined,to say the very least :lol:

To me this is that vibe like Blissful Caress & Rainbow Falls,very clean,very refreshing,but still somewhat whimsical, might even try this as a sheet scent!

This had a very dry type of muskyness to it, it was a bit sharp, I love dandelions. I still pick them to this day and blow on them, I have to retest this when I don't have a million and one scents on to see if I can detect what that sharp note was. I love this for the intent and I hope it does something beautiful on my skin when I retest.

I get a dry, almost dusty musk from this. Somehow it doesn't sit nicely in my nose and immediately after sniffing it I got a bit of a third-eye headache. It does soften nicely on my skin though. May have to try this again later.

Edit: Yep, definitely getting better on my skin. It's a lovely sweet soft musk now. I hope it doesn't do the headache thing next time, I think maybe I'm just prone to it at the moment.

Edited by Synergist

In construction this reminds me a bit of scents like Enchanted Wonderland and A Treasure of Aquamarine, in regards to the clean powdery undertone. This has a bit more of a floral evocation to it, of course. But it is like a "casual" kind of scent in that it has such a comfortable feeling to it. However, because of the floral aspect I'm not sure if I'd wear it or not.

This one is so pretty--at first it waffles a bit between nonfoody vanilla and warm, dry dandelion but finally settles into a soft blend of the two that is just sweet enough and lasts surprisingly long. I only get a little of the green in the beginning, for me this is the scented interpretation of the soft gold late-afternoon sunlight in autumn.

Oh, I love this!!! I expected it to be green but it isn't really, just fresh without being specifically green. It's very youthful feeling as well. I thought I didn't know what dandelion milk smells like but in this, it was immediately recognizable...like gilded season, taking me back to childhood and rolling around in the grass and crushing dandelion stems and making those wreaths with them, you know? As it's drying something surprisingly musky is coming through....it's a good thing, it's sneaky-sexy the way, like, New is- must be the vanilla?

ETA I'm a testing bender and to my great surprise this, not one of the foodies, is the one I most CANNOT STOP SMELLING. Egad it's beautiful. It is VERY cheerful but not in a frantic way, in a serene way. It is in the family of New, sneaky clean, la belle reveuse...there's something giving me a bit of an oakmossy feel. Damn it's pretty.

Edited by tyvey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Like Tyvey, this one evokes being a kid to me. The dandelion here is so TRUE. I have a hard time getting over, even now, how Mara DOES this!

It's very delicate but totally realistic. Like when you were small, wishing on dandelions and getting the juices on your palms, and popping the heads off the yellow ones with a flick of the thumb and squeezing the hollow stem to watch the milky sap ooze out. It's just like that, perfectly natural. It wears pretty light on me, but that's ok. It'll be perfect for bedtime, or anytime my mood needs,a bit of a lift.

It's actually striking me as a pretty great mood elevator. I dunno if its the back to nature,childhood feel I get from it, but it makes me feel comforted. I like it very much!

Got this in a trade with Hearts, so, Thanks Hearts! :D

So, is this also meant to be a wishing potion too then? Along the lines of the new Whisker Wishes? I can see how it could be,totally.

• 3 months later...

Tried this one out yesterday for the first time. One small dab on my wrist and I am transported.

It's like taking a walk in bare feet through a large overgrown garden at autumn dusk. Your feet turn slightly cold as you walk the earthen path, the scent of wild weeds and damp grasses mingling with a shy hint of flowers. And the air is cool, and the garden is shadowed, and you stop to make a wish on a dandelion head, but all you really want is to stay right here forever, all alone.

This scent reminds me of a day I spent as a child, wandering round the grounds of a large historic house, imagining what it would be like if everyone else in the world just disappeared. It was a strangely comforting thought- to be able to exist completely within your own private world, forever. There's a sense of utter timelessness and nostalgic longing for something that can only exist in those rare moments spent outside the realm of ordinary reality in this potion.

• 1 year later...

With this one today (yesterday? It's after midnight. Anyway...) I end my testing of the "A's." Thank god. I was really getting tired of the letter 'A,' as ridiculous as that sounds.

I love the scent in vial and on my skin wet. When it dries down it gets musky and soft, very pretty, but it doesn't really stand out. For that reason, I will have to test it again in the future. It's also a bit powdery.

The mental image it gives me is a nice, warm but not hot day when the dandelions have gone to seed, with that endless, deep blue sky right around noon, and you're lying in the grass looking up at the sky as you blow the seeds off the dandelions. Totally carefree, like when you were a kid.

Guest cutie.pie

The mental image it gives me is a nice, warm but not hot day when the dandelions have gone to seed, with that endless, deep blue sky right around noon, and you're lying in the grass looking up at the sky as you blow the seeds off the dandelions. Totally carefree, like when you were a kid.

Great review! :)