Beccah

AD-GildedSeason-LovePotion_.jpg

Gilded Season

Every season has its character and its charm. In Autumn, the world seems to turn golden before our sight: the light is deeper and warmer, illuminating the landscape in a magical way. To give scented form to this lovely phenomenon we've combined the delicate aureate aroma of white nectarines – now in season – with the dry aura of hardwoods (cedar and redwood), topped with a few drops of labdanum absolute. This combination produces a perfect representation of the shining days of Autumn: ripe and sweet yet also crisp and woody.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

WHITE NECTARINE (PEACH) ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance.

A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
REDWOOD ~ Protection, love, success, power.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
LABDANUM ~ One of the oldest known perfume ingredients. Considered holy, used in tribute, and as a sense-memory tool to stimulate the subconscious. Saidtorevivelong forgotten
memories and feelings.

wet I am just getting the labdanum and the woods. Hoping for some fruit at drydown. Oh wait, it's coming through. A little sunny brightness behind the woods. I'll report back after a few hours. It's still softening right now. A must have for woodsy lovers.

Wow, I just love this! I expected to like it but my emotional reaction was a surprise, it makes me swoon. The nectarine is really sweet and bright on me at first, and then the woods come out in the middle, and then everything just joins hands and circles round in the drydown. It's so unique and beautiful, and it does really have a golden aura to it. This is one of the most compelling blends Mara has created in all the years I've been a customer.

To my nose moonholly, it's a LOT lese dense... Orange blossom is a much stronger floral than this has.

Unfortunately my skin is being VERY boring with this, I'm not getting the woodsy notes I love, and hoped for. I'll tuck her away for another try...cuz right now it's light nectarine and slight labdanum.

Well...I would not know what labdanum smells like if it bit me :) I get the peachy nectarine,mmmm, and seems like apple,except there is no apple in here :huh: light feeling woods,soothing,ummm,like a clearing if that makes any sense ...have a lot of LP EQ 2011 on still so will try again later.

Gilded Season: Instant fruitiness, maybe a hint of woodsy, like being in an orchard during harvest-time. Very delicate fragrance. I held the bottle so close to my nose for the first smell I actually hit my nose with it. (Didn't contaminate my sense of smell, bc the rollerball didn't hit my nose.) Very very nice transition fragrance from late summer/early autumn. I'm like Calii; labdanum could whop me upside the head with a 2x4 and I wouldn't recognize it.

Okay that is freaky. But not surprising I guess! The instant this hit my skin I had a sense of something like nostalgia, but it was physical, like a frisson. Sniffing it wet I felt a rush of nostalgia for childhood, felt flashed back for a moment to the backyard where I played in elementary school, one of the happier times of my growing up....and then I looked up the notes and look at what laudanum does! So cool. At the very beginning the cedar was quite prominent but it has backed way off now and it's mostly the nectarine. You know what's cool, I can smell the nectarine SKIN in this one, very fresh, not the gushy flesh of say kittenish. This is unusual and even moving. Can't wait to see how it dries down

Oooh yeah, that's like the difference in the peach between Lovers in the Clovers and Kittenish for me (green versus ripe). Nectarine is such a delicate scent, I like how the other notes hold it up, so to speak.

Omg this is GORGE I have gone back again and again molesting my arm with my nose to smell this! WOW. Thanks be to HALLA! that I don't get the strong sharp rosewood, rather a more soft orange rosy afterglow. The rosewood in this is more like a sheer veil. I would never ever in a million years have expected this to smell like this. It smells so sensual. I feel like I should be dancing with sheer veils under the moonlight in a forest somewhere with Lorena Mckennitt in the background. This is a strong sensual dance somewhere.. it's weird, this has such a strong renaissance-y type of feel for me. Like I want to put flowers in my hair and get on my white horse naked and run away to the forest. Okay maybe not naked but maybe dressed in pale silk, very very sheer silk. I also want to wear a sporran is it? I want to put a knife in there and some grapes, maybe a piece of bread and cheese because I plan on spending the night in the forest and enjoying the sounds of the creek, watching the fireflies dance and resting my body on the velvety moss full of lush flowers.

OMG I love this! This is a knockout! It would go incredible with SS4W or maybe even Empathy potion? This is sexy on its own it really does not need anything, besides been sexy this is like a warrior scent. I feel like a sexy warrior beast.

Amazingly beautiful!! The fruit is rich and bright at the same time, like a nectarine picked from the sunny side of the tree on a warm day! The other ingredients meld into a warm blanket of scent. I truly hope there is some of this left when my money fairy arrives!!

Okay that is freaky. But not surprising I guess! The instant this hit my skin I had a sense of something like nostalgia, but it was physical, like a frisson. Sniffing it wet I felt a rush of nostalgia for childhood, felt flashed back for a moment to the backyard where I played in elementary school, one of the happier times of my growing up....and then I looked up the notes and look at what laudanum does! So cool. At the very beginning the cedar was quite prominent but it has backed way off now and it's mostly the nectarine. You know what's cool, I can smell the nectarine SKIN in this one, very fresh, not the gushy flesh of say kittenish. This is unusual and even moving. Can't wait to see how it dries down

I think you mean labdanum not Laudanum lol. I think Laudanum just knocks you unconscious!

This is mildy fruity and heavily woody (ooer), I think redwood as I have never smelt that and it is very prominent, and not cedar-y, although I think cedar is just about detectable. It's again not what I expected, I'm not sure I will wear this, it's not really fitting me, which is sad.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving the sweet fruitiness of this. I get the peach, but it's very tempered by the woods, and not overly juicy or strong. A very gentle and safe autumn blend. I've been slathering this on my arms all day and my sample won't last long.

• 8 months later...

Guys this is aging so beautifully. I put it on this am, groggy and pissy and discouraged, and within a few minutes I felt my spirits lifted like a boat bobbing up on an incoming tide. It was almost physical like that. Contentment and confidence to go forth into a long day, with a strong sense of my own depth - the accumulation and usefulness of everything that has happened in my life- it's hard to explain other than as fond appreciative grateful nostalgia & a new "assumption" that I could handle whatever comes. So I go to look at the notes....surprise surprise: contentment, confidence & reviving memories. MARA DOES NOT FUCK AROUND, Y'ALL.

eta not to mention it smells fantastic :) it's all fruit on me now, with the cedar just lending a not literal/identifiable freshness and brightness.

Edited by tyvey

Guys this is aging so beautifully. I put it on this am, groggy and pissy and discouraged, and within a few minutes I felt my spirits lifted like a boat bobbing up on an incoming tide. It was almost physical like that. Contentment and confidence to go forth into a long day, with a strong sense of my own depth - the accumulation and usefulness of everything that has happened in my life- it's hard to explain other than as fond appreciative grateful nostalgia & a new "assumption" that I could handle whatever comes. So I go to look at the notes....surprise surprise: contentment, confidence & reviving memories. MARA DOES NOT FUCK AROUND, Y'ALL.

eta not to mention it smells fantastic :) it's all fruit on me now, with the cedar just lending a not literal/identifiable freshness and brightness.

^^^ Wholly crap.. I Soooo need this.

• 1 month later...

I pulled this scent out from my hoard, to see if I still wanted it, at first swipe I get something sharp and green, not bad but not my favorite.. then I fall in love all over again! The dry down is unbelievable! It goes from being woodsy and green to being sweet, fruity and very sexy. This is like a luxe /sexed up version of De Lush and Ambrosial Summer!

It 's perfect for transitioning into fall. It actually does this crazy thing to me whenever I wear it. It always takes me to a beautiful forest with a stream.. I am barefoot, hair down very similar to Robin Wright Penn in Princess Bride.. I am hanging out by the stream with my white unicorn, if this era had cupcakes like they do now, believe me I would be eating one, but I am eating an apple.

If anyone saw Vikings on the Nat Geo channel, one of the last episodes features Princess Aslaug bathing in a stream with a wolf.

Kinda like that. That's the feeling I get or the memory it evokes in me. It also happens to be a very soothing and happy scent for me. Fall is my favorite time of year, and this captures it beautifully!

• 9 months later...

I loved the way this smelled in the vial. I just reviewed Bonnie and if that was the best thing I think I have ever smelled, this was a very, very close second. I was in love with both of these from the second I pulled them out of the wrapping.

I can smell a warm golden kind of smell. The fleshiness of the nectarine scent is balanced by the woods so it ends up not being a wet scent - although that is how I imagined it. It's like there's something warm and dry just behind the fruit. It smelled fantastic on as well but I think I will need to give it another try in a few days. I tried it the day after receiving it and while I couldn't get enough of the smell it disappeared into my skin in very short order. I refreshed it after a couple of hours but it faded almost as fast, so I'm going to give it a few more days and try again.

• 6 months later...

I wore this on Saturday while putting up my Christmas tree, figured it would kick off the season. I love the tree scents right off, very seasonal. The white peaches emerge after a few hours with just a hint of cedar. Reminds me of walking in the woods in the fall with just a hint of fruit. And the peach wasn't overly bright or sparkling/juicy, but much lighter and definitely not overpowering. The labdanum gave it a nice base, it was hard for me to really figure out what it was...a bit of leather or the resin in it?

• 3 months later...

This one is right up my alley! I love it. I wore it today and just the whiff of it every now and then made me happy. As I've said before, peach tends to turn plasticky on me, but I guess nectarine is just different enough that I can wear it! Yay! I love the tart, juicy sweetness I get from it.

I wish I could find a full bottle. I think this is one I'd really like to own.

This is so annoying!!!!

I wrote a nearly full review and then the mobile device restarted!!!!!

arrrrrgh!!!! X-(

So I'll try to recap..

I recognize the nectarine note from many commercial perfumes and bath products.

Not surprising, since nectarine is one of the most floral-esque fruits around.

Gilded season does smell like a high end bath product. Which would make it quite an ideal office scent.

I love this before the dry down. Unfortunately once it dries something in there blooms and pokes me in the eye.

smells good, very "perfumey", but it's exactly that perfumey dry powder that gives me that eye-ache.

so, probably not for me.

• 4 years later...

Bumping for charity auction!

Possibly the most grown up fruity fragrance we have ever had. It’s not cute or cloying or overly sweet. Super sexy if you like these notes. Extremely beloved. As sophisticated as any high concept Parisian perfume. Smells very complex despite not having that many notes. Again the sum is greater than the parts. Nothing else like it in the LP catalog.