Beccah

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK,Halo nailed it,except not just a baby,oh my no, a true Love Child with Dolce Far Niente in the immediate family tree! :w00t: ...this is awesome,a Calii scent to the Max,totally drool worthy! Even though I have most of the new releases on,and my nose is timing out,I am drawn back to this one,mmmm,delicous,delickable :icecream:

*pees pants waiting* I am so pumped for this. Also b/c I'd been wanting to revisit Empathy Potion. I got my email informing that my order will be shipped out soon but still nada. Can't wait :cat690:

This doesn't make me think of MRF simply because there's no spice in it. And A Lick of Cream has more body to it than this one, IMO. I'm trying to think of what it does remind me of, but it's doing that weird thing which buttercream accords tend to do on me. I would characterize it as Fall Frosting. Hmm, maybe Pot Of Gold, but with maple instead of citrus?

This doesn't make me think of MRF simply because there's no spice in it. And A Lick of Cream has more body to it than this one, IMO. I'm trying to think of what it does remind me of, but it's doing that weird thing which buttercream accords tend to do on me. I would characterize it as Fall Frosting. Hmm, maybe Pot Of Gold, but with maple instead of citrus?

Frosting?? That's still good for me. OOh I can't wait for this one. Besides. I have a love it/doesn't fit me type attitude with MRF. I've bought tons of samples of it, then a bottle, the ended up trading my bottle, then bought more samples LOL I so love the scent, but people tell me I smell like a pipe.

Kanary Kremes

This screamed if KK and Lick of Cream, and Dolce had an orgy and the sex juices leftover became this!

This is AMAZING after orgy sex juice.

:lol:

Yeah I guess I could see that comparison in regards to maple instead of lemon. I'm trying to think of something that's straight frosting, maybe sort of like ravenwing's White Forest Cake but with maple (since that one is frosting-heavy on me).

• 2 weeks later...

This is yummy! When I first put it on I thought, "Uh oh!", 'cause it goes on smelling like burnt sugar. It didn't take long for the burnt smell to fade - maybe a few minutes - and now it's maple butter cream, but deliciously dark and with a slightly bitter edge. Sort of a sexy, snuggly scent for me.

This is really delicious, in both a foody and an "I want to eat you up" way. The brown sugar is what is most prominent for me, with a wonderful warmth from the amber.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 2 weeks later...

I wore this last night after my Darling Catalina had started to fade, and it was awesome with the hint of cake still left on my skin. I really, really love this one. It makes me feel cozy and warm, like I want to bundle myself up in warm pyjamas, fuzzy slippers and drink huge cups of hot chocolate with marshmallows while I watch movies. Definitely a snuggly scent for me.

not sure about this one it smelt like burnt sugar at first, even when it dried down .May leave it for a while and then go back to it

I had such high hopes for this one!! Unfortunately, it spends so much time in the "vanilla playdough" stage that it isn't much fun. It does eventually dry down to a nice mapley sweetness, but with a lingering touch of the 'dough.

• 1 month later...

Rich and kind of awesome. Definitely edible, but on me this is kind of smooth, like a milky caramel that just flows everywhere. Very true to the description. I picked this one out as a freebie, and I'm glad I did!

• 3 months later...

This one is DELICIOUS! Oh and it lasted on me FOREVER...BONUS! This one is Puuuuurrrrrfect....Mmm, definitely worth getting another bottle! Q buttery, creamy, mapley, sugary delight...Can't. Stop. Huffing. My. Hand. Totally slather worthy! :D

I just tested my bottle again. I've been letting it age a bit, 'cause while I like the smell of it, something about the dry-down makes me feel anxious, and I thought that maybe if I let it sit for a while, whatever it is would go away. It didn't. It's fine when I first put it on, but once I get a whiff of the dry-down, my heart starts racing and my stomach gets all jittery. :huh: I just put it up for trade. :(

but once I get a whiff of the dry-down, my heart starts racing and my stomach gets all jittery. :huh:

~MAPLE SYRUP ~BUTTER/CREAM ~ VANILLA MUSCOVADO SUGAR ~ AMBER

:huh: I agree,that is just so strange !...this is a huffable,very sexy scent on me, would be getting it if I did not have Dolce Far Niente backed up !

Just wore this tonight and hubby says, "What smells like graham crackers?" :rofl222: But it was followed by, "I like that one and you can wear that anytime you want..." SO will need another bottle of this one...we both seem to love it...WIN/WIN!

Yes, it will cover cops...I made a spray with HH and 10 drops EoW in a 5ml spray bottle from LP...not a trace of cops after dry down (about 5-10 minutes).

Layered Beth's Blushing Milkmaid over HH just before "bed sports" tonight as a refresher and, well, things went juuuust fine. Hubs is healing up well from his surgery...that's all I'm gonna say.... :ange::love:

Ok thanks Nutrix!

I figured it would...I always like a second opinion before I cop something. There is something so sexy and alluring about HH. I got the sample on a whim from Tyveys bunch and it was my favorite of the lot. I initially didn't get it because I thought it would have that burnt smell like RF. But it doesn't and I really amp the buttercream and maple...it is so irresistable on my skin.

~MAPLE SYRUP ~BUTTER/CREAM ~ VANILLA MUSCOVADO SUGAR ~ AMBER

:huh: I agree,that is just so strange !...this is a huffable,very sexy scent on me, would be getting it if I did not have Dolce Far Niente backed up !

Isn't that the weirdest? It's definitely a scent-memory kind of anxiousness, but I can't think of what situation it might be indicating. I'm bummed about giving this one up. When it first goes on, it smells gorgeous and sexy and dark, and then a little while later I'm a big ball of anxiety. I wish I knew what the deal was. Those ingredients should be perfect for me. :(

Eggers...are you having a memory flashback of a breakfast in bed gone terribly wrong? A bad pancake experience at a HOP when you were little? Maybe a holiday treat that went wonky? Or an underlying fear that you smell so scrumptious that someone will eat you in a big bad wolf kind of way? Reaching...I know... :lol: But on a more serious side, do you think it really is an underlying scent memory or an ingredient? I've never had anything like that happen from an ingredient (that's wasn't a phero I mean) and this is most curious. I HAVE had scents bring me straight away to a memory though....

And MissD, this scent lasts and lasts for me, does it for you too? I think that does a world of wonder for covering cops too! I've had a couple of lighter scents that didn't seem to go the distance and eventually I could smell the cops again :blink:

Edited by NuTrix

Eggers...are you having a memory flashback of a breakfast in bed gone terribly wrong? A bad pancake experience at a HOP when you were little? Maybe a holiday treat that went wonky? Or an underlying fear that you smell so scrumptious that someone will eat you in a big bad wolf kind of way? Reaching...I know... :lol: But on a more serious side, do you think it really is an underlying scent memory or an ingredient? I've never had anything like that happen from an ingredient (that's wasn't a phero I mean) and this is most curious. I HAVE had scents bring me straight away to a memory though....

Ha! Too funny! :D A bad pancake experience! :lol: Maybe it was a fuzzy couch candy or something? ;)

Seriously though, it's not a single ingredient that's bugging me. I wear all of those ingredients in other perfumes. It's the combined scent that just sets my tummy on edge. And there's a memory there, but I can't figure out what it is. It definitely reminds me of something though.

I had a similar experience with Sugar Plum Fae. It made me feel funny and a bit anxious 'cause it reminded me of something, but until I actually put my finger on what memory it hatched for me, I didn't really get off on that perfume. Now I love it. Go figure. :rolleyes: But HH makes me feel really buggy - buggy enough that I don't care to keep it.

Eggers... Sometimes, i have found, those anxious tummy feelings can be occasioned by a drop in blood sugar. Quite a few of my clients who experience anxiety and even panic attacks/ phobias find benefit in adjusting diet and exercise patterns to address blood sugar balancing. Just a wondering I am doing: Wonder if it is accompanying an completely coincidental blood sugar drop or somehow even inducing a blood sugar drop? Or, if it is a scent reminder of a meal/snack eaten which occasioned such a drop? and, Wonder if eating some form of protein snack before wearing would do the trick? LOL at my curious mind...

Edited by Chaionlife

Well that's something that never occurred to me before!

I'll have to look into the blood sugar thing as far as anxiety attacks go. I don't have them as often as I used to, but when I do, I usually get a bit irritable, too, (probably because I'm just tired of having them at all lol). You might be onto something, Chai... Irritability is associated with blood sugar drops too, isn't it? Hmm...

Wow, Eggers, I kinda hope it's the blood sugar because this is such a fantastic scent I would love for you to wear it with confident abandon! :^^: I kinda hope it's not the blood sugar things because that brings about its own set of issues...Arg! :huh:

• 4 months later...

This is a cuddly, yummy scent. I think I might smell like a plate of buttery golden waffles with thick maple syrup dripping off. Mmmm... I want to lick my arm. I want to snuggle up while bring slathered in Hungry Heart- and seduce soneone with my edible delicious smell! Lol!

• 1 month later...

I'm really not sure why I never ended up reviewing one of the BEST month's releases...but now that I AM - wow, this is delicious! Weird thing though.. I would have *sworn* I smelled cops in my sample bottle (which is utterly impossible since it was virtually untouched from 2012). Put it on my skin where it melded quickly to ALL YUM... Maple cream/frosting...

• 4 weeks later...

Am wearing this for the first time. It can be accurately described in three words:

Om Nom Nom Nom Nommy Nom

Actually that's six but once I started I had to keep going. Cause it's so delicious.

I am a gourmet pancake covered in oodles of maple syrup. You can never have too much maple syrup as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks Eggers!

That little black beauty is my lovely Bernie cat. I named him after the delightful Bernard Black from Black Books, the UK/Irish series. My sister found him as a young kitten, tied up inside a sack someone had thrown in the bin at the café she works. Humans are disgusting creatures.

• 5 months later...

This one was a sneaky champion on me. I'm always really leery of brown sugar or maple scents - they tend to drown out every other note - so it took me a long time to try it out. As I experienced other LP scents, though, I've found that if I choose carefully brown sugar and maple can be wonderful on my skin. This is a lighter, less insanely decadent version of Breakfast in Bed. It is amazing on me, and I love it to bits. I think that it's the vanilla that really lifts it, preventing it from being too heavy or rich.

I want this boosted with everything! I'm thinking that either with Lace for that innocently decadent feel, or Leather for that "take-no-prisoners" sweet darkness.

• 1 year later...

Okay just for you. It smells like Lick of Cream and Rocket Fuel had a baby.

What!!

Ok if this smells like ^^ or.. some mix with Dolce Far Niente I'm in. It just appeared on Esty

anyone with an aged bottle have an update?