Beccah

PAPERWHITES (NARCISSUS) ~ Egotism, formality, sweetness.

OAK RESINOID ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.

PINE ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.

WOODSMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.

SUEDE ~ The musky scent of leather inspires feelings of lust, personal power, and provides a hint of danger.

TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

BRANDY (FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC) ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

SPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

BUCHU ~ The indigenous people first introduced buchu to the European settlers at the Cape in South Africa. The use of the plant subsequently spread to Europe and America where it was used extensively as a medicine. In 1821 buchu was included in the British Pharmacopoeia.

This blend is crafted for men, but many women will enjoy wearing it too.

AD-Elementary4-LovePotion_.jpg

Personally, I think this is the best one yet. I left out any note of citrus in this incarnation, even though it is apt for the aura, because I always detect a little note of Pledge wood cleaner whenever citrus and wood are together at the same time. None of that here. This is my favorite thus far.

Personally, I think this is the best one yet. I left out any note of citrus in this incarnation, even though it is apt for the aura, because I always detect a little note of Pledge wood cleaner whenever citrus and wood are together at the same time. None of that here. This is my favorite thus far.

Lol,if you say that its the best one so far and your favorite.Im going to have to get some :P

• 2 weeks later...

The pine is really prominent in this one for me, and it does that medicinal thing like in Plum Dandy (apparently), although I imagine it may end up more green on most people. It actually fades rather fast on me to where I can't really discern anything in particular (save the greenish tinge); I think it may have to age a bit for me to make up my mind about it although I bet Q will like it as it is now.

On the other hand, I love the 2010 version now that it's aged, the musk is so sexy! I thought the previous version ('04, I guess?) was a bit too leather-centric

Elementary Chapter 4: Oh my. This immediately conjures Holmes to my mind. A sopisticated male scent, headed in the slightly androgynous direction but still, on the right man, ALL man. And Holmes would be that man.

On the other hand, the sophistication is such that a strong woman can wear it as well. This is absolutely lovely. In a handsome kind of way.

Nutsy cuckoo, I am loving this one on me!!! No pine, just generally brisk, fresh, confident ...the way I think rainbow falls must play on most of you guys. I would've even believed this was ONLY a women's scent, the way it is on me. The only thing it really reminds me of at all is Portmanteau, that same VERY self-assured, cocked-eyebrow feeling.

Edited by tyvey

Now see, this doesn't remind me of Portmanteau at all, this seems like something completely different, scent-wise. But yes, that very self-assured, cocked-eyebrow, Holmes' grey eyes gazing steadily and calmly. I see it as SO HOLMES.

I'm one of those writers whose characters become nearly real to 'em, and Mara made just a beautiful rendition of Holmes on this one. I liked the 2010 version but I ADORE this. Because it just invokes Holmes to me. I can wear this and sit down and I will go to town on the next book, I can tell.

I can't go into elaborate details of what the scent was to me because I'm still new to distinguishing fragrance scents. I can only tell you if I think it was good or bad. I was sick with a cold/flu last week and was feeling crap. I put this on and Wow....for a light scent, it's strong. I can smell the pine as mentioned. I found it much easier to breath after I applied it on and it made what was formally a crappy sick moment, a more crappy-sick-tolerable moment.

Verdict: I rike arot. Daytime and Autumn scent. Thank you for getting this for me, Shelly!

Edited by JustCallMeZero6

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god, I don't like this, I wish I did, but I don't, it smells like bpal milk note I think as it is reminiscent of both White Rabbot and The Sea Foams Milk, sorry for the comparison to another etailer's scents but I cannot really describe it beyond this. I have had a tension headache for daaaaaaaays and this is not helping it at all. I have to wash off, I feel nauseated.

Sorry Mel ...

This one is in the same clean, masculine barbershop scent as Dad and Watson, but the scent is not as sharp as Watson. And by sharp I mean it does not have as strong a medicinal scent (to my nose) as Watson has. Elementary 4 is smoother than its cousin. In fact I wore this to the barbershop and my barber commented positively on it ... haha.

• 6 months later...

This was, sadly, another of hubby's rejects. I like it. I used the sniffie in my oil burner and LOVED how it made the house smell...I'm thinking since I still have the unused trial vial still that I may have to try wearing this one....unexpected surprise. I thought it was VERY strong in the vial, way too masculine, but the aroma made the house smell so nice that I'm sure I could at least wear it for myself, just maybe a little dab or 2. I've seen others compare it to Watson, but I don't think I'd EVER be tempted to wear that one :lol:

• 2 months later...

I have to sadly say that this one is not for me. In the vial it smells great but my skin amps up some of the sweet notes. This went from English Gentlemen to English Grandmother.

I shit you not after applying it, I had an uneasy feeling.I got this feeling a couple more times until I realized that this smelled like something my mother would wear and I felt like I my mother was hovering over me. It really bothered me for the first 20 minutes

When I went to church when I was younger, the ladies smelled something like the way this dried down on my skin

Edited by Loki

Oh Gads! Def NOT the outcome you were looking for...the last bit is scary, but relatable :msn_red_fox_smilies-09: