Beccah

AD-221B-LovePotion_.jpg

221B

Find yourself Sherlock'ed? Female fans of the famed detective now have their own fragrance to pay tribute to the first male fictional character who proved that Smart Is Sexy...a Victorian black tea accord is made elegantly sensual with the addition of tonka and teak, and sultry with touches of honeyed tobacco and vetiver.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

TONKA BEAN ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mara told me that it was originally meant to be a men's fragrance but after it had aged a while it developed more of a feminine character to it.

Definitely get a sample for Mom! Meng, you need to have the trio at least in sample form!

Haha,definitely getting all 3 in at least sample form. :P Think will probably use the monthly forum freebies rather than the sale since im a lot more interested in these ^_^

And you have a sweet gift from your friend in Australia reserved for your next shipment too. :)

Yup,it was really sweet of her ^_^ Its one of my favorite scents so definitely going to enjoy it :bananajoy: .Still think you have the best collection of emoticons ive seen on any forum :P

Is this a unisex scent? Judging from the ingredients (Tonka bean, tea, tobacco and vetiver), it really looks like an unisex scent. May be it's a bit similar to The Masked Man which I also liked for myself.

I think that a man CAN wear it, but the way it has aged it has ended up quite feminine IMO.

Gorgeous! Another surprise favorite. This is like the perfect Fall perfume. Mara is right it is feminine and slinky. I might still try it on the man just to see what it does with his chemistry. It smelled almost edible when wet but as it dries it gets warmer and richer and not so much like something i'd like to eat.

Me too. Seems like we both can't do too much honey MDC so I will check with my sample and let you know. I am ovulating right now though so everything tends to be a party train on my skin right now. When I first tried Torrid S I wanted to bury myself in kitty litter, but after a few days it was amazing!

Wow...I'm totally the opposite from y'all then because the honey is very potent on me! This has the same character, for me, as Tea and Strumpets, and I remember when Mara first brewed T&S she said that she felt like it was bordering on obscene because of what the honey was doing to the blend. It's deeply sexy but not dirty, not at all, unless you mean in the metaphorical sense. I wouldn't even say this is feminine so much as womanly. This is definitely a fragrance to be reckoned with...this is the scent of Irene Adler, The Woman, and she would wear it gleefully at whatever moment she next decided to misbehave. :666:

The honey and the tonka bean combine to make this very perfume-y on me, but I like it because it creates a very sophisticated aura. It's almost like this is Soiled Dove's cousin who is a femme fatale in an espionage ring and probably saved the world twice before breakfast. The other elements are below the surface, clandestinely lending their influence and support...hey, this metaphor is getting better all the time! :D

And in conclusion:

I-am-sherlocked-sherlock-30095592-480-720.jpg

The honey amped on me to infinity and beyond- and it does have that same vibe as T and S- BUT Jesus Cristo this is one sexy mothereffin scent!!

After the honey takes a xanax what is left is very sexy and almost masculine but feminine scent. Like I have been playing in BF's leather motorcycle jackets in my pretty panties, smelling faintly of vanilla and drinking from a flask. I love this. It's sexy but not overly sexy like :say16: here I am

This is more like a subtle sexy, someone who is mischievous, and daring. This reminds me of Sneaky Cleans evil twin- and I want to BANG it up!

WOW!!! Great reports!!!

The good news is...the honey in Tea and Strumpets does not offend me. HOWEVER...I'm probably going to have to sample this before going FB...unless it starts selling too fast, then I'll take my chances. I'm still a tad worried but GOD it does sound amazing.

eta: WAITAMINUTE!!!!! It's not Tea and Strumpets I've tried...it's TEALESS STRUMPET!!!

So...now I def have to trial it because I have no idea what the honey in T&S does.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

WOW!!! Great reports!!!

The good news is...the honey in Tea and Strumpets does not offend me. HOWEVER...I'm probably going to have to sample this before going FB...unless it starts selling too fast, then I'll take my chances. I'm still a tad worried but GOD it does sound amazing.

eta: WAITAMINUTE!!!!! It's not Tea and Strumpets I've tried...it's TEALESS STRUMPET!!!

So...now I def have to trial it because I have no idea what the honey in T&S does.

That's the one I meant! Tealess Strump ~ the honey is not bad in that one!

I am trying to boost one with ss4w- decided on ss- but the car is demonizing me right now!

The honey amped on me to infinity and beyond- and it does have that same vibe as T and S- BUT Jesus Cristo this is one sexy mothereffin scent!!

After the honey takes a xanax what is left is very sexy and almost masculine but feminine scent. Like I have been playing in BF's leather motorcycle jackets in my pretty panties, smelling faintly of vanilla and drinking from a flask. I love this. It's sexy but not overly sexy like :say16: here I am

This is more like a subtle sexy, someone who is mischievous, and daring. This reminds me of Sneaky Cleans evil twin- and I want to BANG it up!

Entering this in Lady V's wit and wisdom page...

MDC I can't remember, do you wear mostly fruits? Or are you a closet resin/spice ho?