Beccah

I am all over the map.

I am covered in fruit all summer ...but I love sandalwood. LAM Sandalwood and Resins is one of my faves, Phantoms Breath isn't fruity and I LOVE that, I even like the new Vintage Musk and I thought I hated musk. I also love Closer which didin't sound like a MDC scent.

You and I share a love for LP Red, Sunfire, and Coconut Breeze but I don't like heavy incense stuff like Beyond the Veil.

So...what does that make me? I'm not sure!! I have no LP identity!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all over the map.

I am covered in fruit all summer ...but I love sandalwood. LAM Sandalwood and Resins is one of my faves, Phantoms Breath isn't fruity and I LOVE that, I even like the new Vintage Musk and I thought I hated musk. I also love Closer which didin't sound like a MDC scent.

You and I share a love for LP Red, Sunfire, and Coconut Breeze but I don't like heavy incense stuff like Beyond the Veil.

So...what does that make me? I'm not sure!! I have no LP identity!!!

Girl you are an LP ho in general. You sleep around with all the different scents hahaha

ETA: how do you ever narrow down your choices each month?

Edited by Raq On

Girl you are an LP ho in general. You sleep around with all the different scents hahaha

ETA: how do you ever narrow down your choices each month?

I KNOW!!!!! It is a nightmare believe me!!!!!!!!!! I have tried to find myself but still in the same boat after two years!

I think I am that way with everything, that's why I don't buy anything except LP's. Keeping it as simple as I can.

I thought it was a Libra thing?

This smells like an up-close sniff of the vanilla tea I love so dearly. Funny there's no actual vanilla in it, but I think the tonka and honey give it that effect. Just a hint of smokiness from the tobacco and woodiness from the teak, and the vetiver is in no way overpowering--in fact it's barely there. Lovely and as soothing as an actual cup of honeyed tea.

How crazy- the last thing in the world I expected - this scent reminds me of this candy, especially the wrapper:

http://importedcuisine.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/tn_botanricecandy22.jpg

And also oolong tea.

So - far from Adlerian or even any British - I'm getting various ASIAN associations. Wacky eh???

Edited by tyvey

TONKA BEAN ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.

TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.

TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

In the vial, 221B is all the ingredients. Perfumey in a very good way! When it hits my skin, I get a lot of honey and tobacco and tea. The honey is light and pretty, the tobacco is its usual lusciousness, and the tea adds a subtle brightness. Beautiful. As it all warms, the blend gets creamy and a little woody. I'm assuming that's the tonka, teak, and vetiver kicking in. Gorgeous! I do believe I can perceive every single ingredient in this if I stop and concentrate. They all blend beautifully and I LOVE EEEET!!! :heart: This is rich and sexy and wonderfully nommy. Totally evocative of the description. As the long drydown progresses, it's a little creamier, with more wood ~Heh. Yeah.~ and yet the little bell-like honey/tea bright note is still there in the background. Also, as time goes on, there's more of the swoonworthy vanilla-ish thing I get from tonka. YUM.

Lovely, seductive, and I have to get more. B) This would be great amped with any number of pheros. Oh and YAY!!! Another honey that WORKS on my skin! :banana058: :banana058: :banana058:

LOL

If anyone missed out on Sneaky Clean.. boosting this with SS4W should do the trick.. It smells like a twin, A smarter sassier twin.

This is my second testing. I do not like it today.

I'm gonna be contrary and disagree with you Lady V! To me it's the cough drop sucking horn rimmed glasses wearing, pink rinsed twin with hypochondria. Sorry, that sounds awful but there is something really medicinal about this. Sad-face :(

Yeah I was gonna say! To me 221B is a member of the family which includes Soiled Dove and Tea and Strumpets, and Sneaky Clean is the opposite of all that.

OMG. This is so strong on me right now my eyes are watering. I am going to quit sampling and go to bed. I should have stopped with the beautiful Spider Silk, but NOOOOOO I had to keep going and now I am sick.

anti bacterial soap! or alcohol pads ( thanks tyvey xoxo ) ASAP - dont ruin the spider silk moment for me either! HURRY

It's a tough one, this 221B. I scrubbed it but it is still there haunting me.

Interesting. I had to get some of that stuff from Mara that you put on to keep it from soaking into your skin and vanishing. My skin eats it.

But that worked very nicely for me this past weekend, when I was the MC for the local SF con. I used 221B on F and Sa, along with PP. I was treated like a queen and a general expert on whatever I discussed.

OK. Got a little of this on my hand and it smells completely different than it did the other night when I freaked out. There is one strong ingredient in there that is a little biting. I don't know what vetiver is so maybe it is that. But the honey in here smells like the one in Priscilla's Your Hotness so it's got a bit of a graham cracker vibe which I do like.

I don't think I am ever going to flip over this like I wanted to because I did want the label in my collection. Oh well. :(

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is one that I'm wearing today and I really like it! It's soft but with a lot of depth. And as previous people have mentioned, it has a masculine quality to it while retaining a sense of femininity. Anyone can wear it, really. I'm definitely smelling the tobacco and teak in this, but they blend so well together that nothing is overly sharp. I was expecting those scents to exude a sense of warmth, maybe because of memories of teak wood in Indian furniture stores and such, but 221B just seems really clean.

I got this a ways back because I drool over Robert Downey Jr.'s Sherlock Holmes character and the entire feel of those movies and I wanted to wear anything that could keep me in that frame of mind without looking like a loco in a costume. I still love to come home from working and put on a LOT of this in the evening. Tea, honey & tobacco like in Port Jolie and Tea-less Strumpets are pure joy for me to wear, and 221B is the most ladylike (as in you can go visit your momma wearing this one and she won't raise her eyebrows) of this class. But I can still have my yummy Sherlock thoughts :D while wearing it!

Tea, honey & tobacco like in Port Jolie and Tea-less Strumpets

See neither of those have a tobacco note, which is why I said 221B is sort of like Soiled Dove meets Tea & Strumpets.

It is strange, but I ALWAYS get tobacco in Port Jolie and some others. I thought it was supposed to be like that. But, I guess it's that skin chemistry thing. Some folks say that a fragrance is absorbed into their skin. On me, many turn to the scent of tobacco smoke (nope, I don't smoke... I enjoy a hint of its scent but I don't care to reek like a loaded ashtray). Does anyone else out there "go up in smoke" with some of the tobacco-less fragrances??

It is strange, but I ALWAYS get tobacco in Port Jolie and some others. I thought it was supposed to be like that. But, I guess it's that skin chemistry thing. Some folks say that a fragrance is absorbed into their skin. On me, many turn to the scent of tobacco smoke (nope, I don't smoke... I enjoy a hint of its scent but I don't care to reek like a loaded ashtray). Does anyone else out there "go up in smoke" with some of the tobacco-less fragrances??

I can't say I have smelled any smoke even in the ones that have smoke. Actually I take that back, Blushing Embers has a smoke quality to it- but it's more like a pink I dream of Jeanie smoke.