Beccah

AD-JewelsAvalon-LovePotion.jpg

Jewels of Avalon

A gift from the Isle of Apples...This is a completely natural apple scent: like that first bite into shiny red skin and tart-sweet flesh as you lie upon the leaf-strewn grass beneath bright blue sky and gentle sunshine. A bounty of fresh apple accords are blended with the earthy evocation of freshly-picked herbs – clary sage and tarragon – upon a base of warm white amber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
CLARY SAGE ~ Enhances visions.
TARRAGON ~ Relieves womanly discomforts, improves mental alertness and clarity, dispells negative influences.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

This is a delicious juicy apple,very fresh and crisp,it dries down with a faint herbal-ness wafting in and out,interesting,soothing and comforting,yet bright at the same time! :)

Ooh, soothing and comforting! So Balm Bomb or Tranquility would work?

I think so,either one,if apple is your thing...this is not an apple pie comfort type scent tho,so it would depend on how the other components work...for you.:D

From my first sniff of it I love how it is so very fresh apple; Q won't be as fond of it, I don't think, because he loves the sweetened apple scents on me, but I think this will be what I wanted Nibble Me This to smell like in regards to wear.

YAIS, this is the fresh apple of my dreams! Crisp, sweet and tart. In the drydown the herbs come out a bit and for me it's not so much earth-like as just an airy ambience which perfectly suits it. I've always wanted a fresh apple scent without a wood note/blend and this is it, huzzah!

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the sound of this one, especially...but the apple (very tart and crisp) just goes wonky on my skin. Autumn Lust with all the other notes surrounding it works much better for me I guess...

I love how crisp and fresh this smells! This feels very bright and sunny on. The apple is deep and strong smelling and I can't even tell there are herbs in this. It smells like when you step on crunchy leaves. That crunch sound is what this smell reminds me of. It's perfect red fall apple.

Edited by LadyVictoria

OH I kNOW now!!! It reminds me of Salon Selectives hair spray from when I was a young child of 15! It had that great apple smell and I would spray it just to sniff..

OMG! Salon Selectives was my favourite shampoo when I was younger...I totally forgot all about it till you posted this!!

No one does apple scents like LPMP...justed added All Hallow's Eve...but have had this on my upper arms since early this morning and find myself just turning my head from side to side to catch and...breathe :)

This is a very juicy, fruity apple, to me there's some other fruit in there as well that I can't quite put my finger on... I don't know... but I like it. On dry down it warms up and becomes less fruity, I think I like it better before drydown.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a lovely one!!! I could easily see it as a bath and body...but it's pure evocation of a place for me, and it's delicious!

Anyone from the Inland Empire area of southern California may have been to Oak Glen at some point. It's an apple growing area east of Yucaipa. Oak Glen runs through a canyon with a village in the middle that has shops, restaurants, camping, and picnicking. I grew up going there *at least* once a year, and have continued to go there whenever I can. We're probably going up there this week if I can swing it. Anyhoo, over the course of my life I've had several favorite apple ranches up there, and Jewels of Avalon reminds me of...well all of them, really! Hee! If I were a raven, I could fly over to Oak Glen from where I live on the mountain, because they're directly on the other side of the ridge that I live snuggled against. The southern ridge of my canyon is the northern ridge of theirs!

Jewels of Avalon gives me this: I'm standing in the apple barn at Wood Acres, in a good conversation with Jim, the owner (I wonder if he's still with us...haven't seen him in a few years), sampling slices of all his latest harvest and deciding how many to buy! The apple barns tend to be open to the outside, so you smell the air and the orchard as well as the apples, and some nice old barn wood to boot. I mostly get the apples, because, of course, they're all over my face and hands and in my mouth! But the rest of it's in there, too. Including the companionship of Jim.

Perfect, Mara! Perfect. :heart::heart::heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Yep i've been up there (when I was a kid); interestingly Eve's Temptation reminds me of the apple farms up in Tehachapi. :)

(My bottle is coming...so excited!)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Yummy! It smells like fresh, juicy red apples. I like it. And yeah, I can see the "Salon Selectives" thing, lol.

It threatens to turn a bit plasticky on me on drydown, but somehow it never quite follows through on the threat. Thank goodness.

My husband is not crazy about it, or so he says (I am starting to think he says these things to discourage me from buying any more perfumes! I'm not paranoid, you're paranoid!). But what does he know? He says they're all starting to smell the same to him.

Your husband knows not of what he speaks.

I really like this one too. I don't get the plasticky vibe - just a nice tart apple with the herbs peeking through. I only have a sample but I often find myself reaching for this one. I think I might get a FB next month when the money grows back as I see there's still some on the GGG part of the other site.

Your husband knows not of what he speaks.

I really like this one too. I don't get the plasticky vibe - just a nice tart apple with the herbs peeking through. I only have a sample but I often find myself reaching for this one. I think I might get a FB next month when the money grows back as I see there's still some on the GGG part of the other site.

Oh there is? On Etsy? Good to know!

Yeah, I like it. He's silly.