BAY RUM ~ Uplifting, protection, purification, healing, memory, aphrodisiac.

LAVENDER EO ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.

ROSEMARY EO ~ Intellectual stimulation, purification, love, sensuality, wards against dark forces, invigorating.

SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

PINE ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.

MISTLETOE ~ Protection, love, fertility, health, exorcism.

SPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

AD-Watson-LovePotion.jpg

I believe it was purposely created to be as much like DAD as she could make it.

BB: it's very masculine (or at least DAD was) so I guess it depends on how comfortable you are with that kind of aura. I'm thinking Quince will approve of it now that it's got a different name. :lol:

I believe it was purposely created to be as much like DAD as she could make it.

BB: it's very masculine (or at least DAD was) so I guess it depends on how comfortable you are with that kind of aura. I'm thinking Quince will approve of it now that it's got a different name. :lol:

Lol,yeah.Watson will probably work better for convincing peopl than dad.Recommended dad to one of my friends but he said he didnt want to smell like a dad :P

Lol,yeah.Watson will probably work better for convincing peopl than dad.Recommended dad to one of my friends but he said he didnt want to smell like a dad :P

LOL, that's exactly what Quince said too! He likes the scent, though, but he only wears it when I remind him to.

I used most of the same ingredients as DAD but in entirely different measure. I did not try to match them at all. I didn't even dig out a comparison vial until after it was brewed. But yeah, it's got most of the same ingredients so it's in the same family.

I think this one is really quite masculine. I thought about it, whether I would wear it, and in the end I thought, no. I will definitely wear Elementary myself, but this one is all man.

I used most of the same ingredients as DAD but in entirely different measure. I did not try to match them at all. I didn't even dig out a comparison vial until after it was brewed. But yeah, it's got most of the same ingredients so it's in the same family.

I think this one is really quite masculine. I thought about it, whether I would wear it, and in the end I thought, no. I will definitely wear Elementary myself, but this one is all man.

Sounds great.Think its probably going to be another favorite ^_^

I knew this would be one of my favorites of the month. The lavender and other herbs are nice and brisk and the woods warm it up a bit. This might go on the FB list if it smells as good on BF as it does in the vial. His first bottle. Yes i have been here that long and never gotten him one. He doesn't like oils. This would make a great spray.

I knew this would be one of my favorites of the month. The lavender and other herbs are nice and brisk and the woods warm it up a bit. This might go on the FB list if it smells as good on BF as it does in the vial. His first bottle. Yes i have been here that long and never gotten him one. He doesn't like oils. This would make a great spray.

Tell me more about the lav. Does it meld nice with the other notes?

It does. It's both a star and a team player. It's a bit more pointy than the usual women's blend types or maybe that's just in conjunction with the other sharper herbals. I'll let you know more after BF gets home and i try it on him.

Watson: This is a manly fragrance, simple and evocative of a barbershop, with its shaving cream, clean fresh skin, and a brisk simple aftershave. Nice.

But still something I might be able to get away with wearing on occasion. Even better if I can manage to swipe it on hubby.

At first this has a very bracing medicinal quality to it because of the lavender and the green notes. As it dries down it moves more towards what DAD smells like, although to me the sandalwood is way in the back whereas with DAD it was much more upfront and smoothing everything out. Watson strikes me as even more like a barbershop-type scent, actually.

Ah okay, I figured it was because of Mara's notes - like she does with me - since I don't know what the scents smell like beforehand (unless they're rebrews), just whatever she tells me.

Some dads smell sexy! Not mine because that is gross and very Electra.. I meant my BF

Uh-huh. She jumped in with that "not mine" caveat maybe just a little too quick ... haha.

This one is absolutely fabulous! It even smells good on me! But I'd rather it be slathered on a guy so I can snuggle up to him and enjoy it second-hand. I think body warmth only adds to the dimensions of this gorgeous, clean scent. Cold sniff does not do it justice!

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys - be careful - this one to me smelled very different in the bottle than how it smelled once I put it on. Once I put it on it was very evocative of Dad - that is it has a very old-fashioned barbership smell to it. A very clean masculine smell. I know a couple of the ladies want to try to wear it but good luck. This is a guy thing all the way. If you liked Dad then you will like Watson also. If you want to try a scent that is unlike anything you can find anywhere else - then give this one a try.

• 7 months later...

I thought I would love this one reading it, but in the vile it was VEY strong, kinda smacked me in the face. Hubby snarffed at it so off to the oil warmer it went. It came in a sample sniffie and I also still have it in a trial vial size. I thought it smelled great as an aromatherapy oil even though that isn't what it was intended for. I had thought I might like to wear it if hubby didn't go for it, but after getting a whiff in person I knew that was a no go for me :lol:

• 1 year later...

Put this one in a warmer before my husband got home last night. When he walked in the door he said," Wow, what smells like grandpa's barbershop?" I about fell on the floor! It smells exactly like the barbershop, and it makes me so nostalgic!