Choco Musk

bruiseviolet

For me it's GENIUS! in that I love the way it's got the same skin-hugging sensuality of the caramel musk, but the cocoa powder accord just adds another dimension to it. It's somewhat sweeter than a dark chocolate, I guess this would be a sweetened dutch cocoa, for example. But it's the same vibe in that it makes you wish you just naturally smelled that way.

I would think so because it's lighter in tone than most chocolate-based scents. It has the same philosophy as the entire Musk line, which is focused on variations of what we refer to as "skin musk."

Ooh. As most of you know I love chocolate scents and this is just lovely.

On first application I just get chocolate. Cocoa, not milk chocolate which is great because milk chocolate notes tend to turn floral on my skin. As it dries down the musk blooms underneath and makes this very sensual. Foody but not bakery-like. After an hour or so the chocolate is almost entirely gone and there is this lovely, close-to-the-skin musk. I have Pumpkin Musk on the other arm and comparing them, the Pumpkin Musk dries down very sweetly, the Choco Musk is much more sultry.

Ohhhhh delicious. You know what this reminds me of? That heavenly all-consuming fragrance that rises up from the saucepan when I melt dark chocolate for chocolate-covered strawberries. Not too sweet and downright sensuous. The musk, like that in Pumpkin Musk and Caramel musk, is a pretty neutral skin musk, nothing heavy like civet or muskaro or anything like that. It's perfect swirled with the bittersweet chocolate, and pretty irresistable.

The reviews sound so good, I think should add the Choco Musk to my collection. I was hesitating because I was afraid that the caramel might be too strong and cover the chocolate. But your reviews convinced me: dark chocolate and skin musk. I hope, there'll be still some bottles left when I place my order.

• 4 weeks later...

Chocolate scents have to be* just a certain kind* or my skin does the Jouir De effect! After reading the reviews, I took a chance with this and I'm SO GLAD I did. :wub: I can't stop huffing myself!!! What luna said about sweetened Dutch cocoa is spot-on. I LOVE the smell of Dutch cocoa. And Dutch cocoa + skin musk?!?!!! *SWOON* :heart:Lovely-lovely-lovely!!! :heart: This is going to layer nicely...but I love it all by its fine self. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just over on the Pumpkin Musk review thread, raving about how that one has shifted very prettily for me. Thought I'd pop in here to say that *this* one has not changed on me at all. It is still the epitome of dark, Dutch-process cocoa with skin musk. Gods, this is good!!! It's wonderful for layering, too. YUM!!! :heart::heart::heart:

• 2 months later...

This is a surprise love for me. Chocolate is usually hit or miss on my skin. This is powdery cocoa. Very lightly sweetened. And soft skin musk. Cant add more than what all the other reviews say. But I wish this was still available .