don't be afraid of...THE DARK!

Beccah

AD-AfraidDark_LovePotion.jpg

don't be afraid of... THE DARK!

Feel a frisson of foreboding to wear this luridly exotic scent: dark chocolate-covered raisins tumble into the void of mysterious deep black amber resin…its mysteries unfathomable and yet irresistible to all whom the darkness calls…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

DARK CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
RAISIN ~ Fertility, increases mental prowess, money attracting.
BLACK AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

I only have one raisin fragrance (Black Mouse from Possets) and it is fabulous. I don't know what it is but something about that raisin note smells SO GOOD on my skin and doesn't have a tendency to go cloyingly sweet like some grape and wine notes do. I have absolutely nothing in my stash close to this though--Raisinets, with black amber?! I already know it's a winner.

Just filled a qt container from bulk organic raisin stock,snuffle snuffle snuffle :lol: cannot wrap my brain around how this is going to be with the chocolate & amber,sounds so delicious... can't wait to try this one :)

Mara says it's incredibly exotic, so I'm hoping I will love it!

I do remember now one scent I have that's based on shisa that has raisin in it. Exotic is a good word for it. I'm also thinking dark chocolate Raisinets, though I have no idea if they exist.

I've been eating lots of dark chocolate-covered cranberries. I've had dark-chocolate covered figs, too. Ambrosia. I think if they sold dark chocolate-covered ants I would eat those too.

I do remember now one scent I have that's based on shisa that has raisin in it. Exotic is a good word for it. I'm also thinking dark chocolate Raisinets, though I have no idea if they exist.

I could've swore I've seen the dark chocolate ones before, maybe it was a limited special??

Edited by Mrschrissyrez

Chocolate never smells right on me, dark choco is even worse :(

this one wiil end up in trade thread

Wow, I'm the first to write a review on this one!

Wet, it smells just like the description: the dark chocolate, syrupy raisins, and amber are all balanced. It really is a sweet, dark scent.

I like this, but I'm sitting here thinking how different it is from BBW's "Chocolate Amber", a noxious scent so horrendous that when someone in my work area started using it in hand lotion form, I had to make it disappear, and replace it with a new bottle of lotion.

Maybe I should give this sample to the owner "Here, you like chocolate and amber? Here is a scent that actually smells like chocolate and amber."

when wet, this totally smelled like what it was supposed to, rich dark chocolate, sweet raisins, and amber. After dry-down, my skin turned it into something horrid. The chocolate is gone, the raisin is gone, and what's left smells like plasticky vanilla-amber incense/candle :(

How can chocolate taste so right in my mouth and smell so wrong on my skin? :EVB7BC~18: In the vial, this is such a deep, luscious, chocolatey raisin scent. Very exotic and sensuous. All you chocolate lovers are gonna freaking love this! I just wish I could wear this.

At first this made me think of a dark LP Purple, because the raisin accord started out really grape-y on my skin...so my correlation was "LP Aubergine." :lol: But as this dried down it became a lot more exotic, as Mara described in her notes to me. The black amber is very ornate and has an aura of majmua to it for me. I only really get the chocolate around the edges, which is a bit disappointing for me, it would be nice if it were a bit more present. In truth I think this might be a little too one-dimensional for me in the end result.

This is a very very dark rich scent on me. Almost like fudgey raisin pie. Then it turns into something churchy like incense.

Chocolate incense! After drydown the chocolate goes away and the incense remains. Surprisingly it doesn't give me a headache and I kind of like that it smells churchy in that spot on my hand. I probably could not tolerate it all over my body though.

I don't mind it in a tiny dosage. I wish it were there was more chocolate, but who doesn't want more chocolate all the time??

but who doesn't want more chocolate all the time??

Exactly! I was thinking this might be a fun one to layer with Skye Loves Chocolate! which would provide more of the dark chocolate which seems to be missing for me.

Exactly! I was thinking this might be a fun one to layer with Skye Loves Chocolate! which would provide more of the dark chocolate which seems to be missing for me.

Well that's perfect then since I have a few bottles of SLC. I mean whut?

I cannot believe you guys get chocolate from this! I swear these scents are amazing how they morph differently. This ones got such an odd after bite to it...I doubt I will try it again until next year.

Well I amp the shit out of chocolate, and not in a good way. I can't wear Velvet Kisses, even though it smells like heaven in the vial!

I'm guessing the raisin and amber are keeping the chocolate in check because I was sure this wouldn't work on me.

Well I amp the shit out of chocolate, and not in a good way. I can't wear Velvet Kisses, even though it smells like heaven in the vial!

I'm guessing the raisin and amber are keeping the chocolate in check because I was sure this wouldn't work on me.

Oh WOW! Velvet Kisses smells like pure HEAVEN on me. AH. It's only fair that this works on you and not me then. What would I do without my Velvet Kisses? :(

well, this starts and remains super-grapey on me, unfortunately. It didn't meld down to anything nice until the next morning!! I never did get any chocolate, but the dry-down of the amber is amazing!!

Very similar to my test. All grape. Like grape juice grape. It actually smells purple, if purple could have a smell. I get a touch of amber on the drydown but not much.

completely different, deep and fruity, no attar/resin powderiness

Just sniffing it wet from vial I'm getting alcoholic raisin with grape soda

Edited by perfumesniffer

While not a Calii scent,or rather not one I would wear out and about with so many of my favored foody delights to choose from,I tried this last night with OCCO SLF,and liked it enough to wear it again today!!...smells totally sexy,dark and dangerous! ... am going to add a generous spritz of Leather in a few hours,just feels like it :snake1:

...no grape,a touch of very dark chocolate,the SLF blends so well with the amber making a dark dark honey...try it ! :D