don't be afraid of...THE DARK!

Beccah

...no grape,a touch of very dark chocolate,the SLF blends so well with the amber making a dark dark honey...try it ! :D

Wow really? So the raisin doesn't come out on you at all? I wish I got more chocolate out of it!

Wow really? So the raisin doesn't come out on you at all? I wish I got more chocolate out of it!

I am sooooo not good at this :lol: ...ok,just for you :P have a small dab of dbao...TD on my hand now,umm does not go well with CE,just sayin :) Not getting what raisin smells like to me,ie what I smell when I open my container full,I think what I get most is the black amber :huh: and actually I don't care for this by itself,just not a Calii scent...but the combo of it with OCCO SlF was so sexy yesterday,but than hey... it's OCCO SLF :D

...wait a minute,am huffing further and getting that evil grin feeling again,hmmm

:lol:

Well I can see how SLF would underscore the dark notes in the other. It's just fascinating to me how a fragance can smell completely different depending on who wears it.

It's just fascinating to me how a fragance can smell completely different depending on who wears it.

Totally :D ...and smell so different too others too ...I have a good friend <male> who swears G&L smells like chocolate,consistently :w00t:

I'm also thinking dark chocolate Raisinets, though I have no idea if they exist.

They do! I saw them in the vending machine at my work.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. *sigh* I AM afraid of the dark.

You know what my skin does to this? It starts to smell like Jouir De...and I completely massacre Jouir De. Makes me smell like unwashed leftovers. Ahem.

Poor Dark!!! It started out really interesting...and then...that *smell* started. I rubbed a bunch of it off and covered it with Choco Musk and Pumpkin Musk. Now, *that* smelled *good*! I am thinking that the type of chocolate in Dark is what my chemistry fights with. Or maybe it's the raisin? The chocolate in Choco Musk is perfectly perfect on me, though! B)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Hi EOSP!!! So happy to see you back!!! You've been so MIA!!!

Anyway...back on topic. This was the only one for October that didn't work on me. Tried it again and it was weird plastic. Of course my mom tried it and it was all CHOCOLATE FRUIT GOODNESS. We have opposite chemistry most of the time and that is good so we don't fight much over samples.

Although we both agree on Ebil-ish being Delish!

Yum. This is more than just chocolate-covered raisins--the sexiness the black amber adds is something delicious and unexpected. The raisin note definitely has a "purple" quality about it, but doesn't go cloying on me like straight-up grape or wine notes sometimes can. The chocolate and amber balance out its sweentess perfectly. This kind of has the same vibe as Ann's Brown Sugared Black Amber, the shadowy sexiness of dark amber with the delicious bite of something foody, except this is a totally different scent. I can only imagine that the more it ages with that amber, the deeper and more mysterious it will get.

• 8 months later...

So I tried this again tonight...after almost one year. It isn't as horrid as I thought it was last year. In fact I got a totally different impression in that I got the strong grape that everyone else was talking about. Really really bright fruity grape with a hint of the dark chocolate. I kind of liked it! So I put on more. Now the grape is totally gone and I actually still have the chocolate and amber.

This will work out well for a sleep scent!

eta: what is left of this in the morning and on my shirt is AMAZING!!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My first post. I am really LOVING this perfume! I hope I can get a full bottle when I come back from my travels. This is one unique chocolate scent with a very compelling raisin note on a bed of strange mustiness (the black amber?) that somehow just works! This is my first perfume experience with raisin and I hope it won't be the last :). I love the raisin choco combo.

My first post. I am really LOVING this perfume! I hope I can get a full bottle when I come back from my travels. This is one unique chocolate scent with a very compelling raisin note on a bed of strange mustiness (the black amber?) that somehow just works! This is my first perfume experience with raisin and I hope it won't be the last :). I love the raisin choco combo.

Welcome! Great review! And I'm sure it won't be. I've worn notes in fragrances from here that I would never have thought of wearing!!! But LP makes them smell great!

Edited by BlueBear

Thank you for the welcome BlueBear :)! I really love that grape/raisin cocoa combo. I would love a fragrance like this but without the musty amber. The experience so far with my fragrances have been awesome! Looking forward to more.

• 6 months later...

To my absolute astonishment, I actually kind of like this one. I ordered it from the trade board out of sheer curiosity, convinced I wouldn't like it. I don't seem to like chocolate scents in most perfume. I am not a big fan of raisins. Chocolate-covered raisins are one of the few chocolates that I'd have to be really desperate to eat. When I received it, I sniffed it and thought, well, I was right. It smells harsh and bitter and not my kind of thing at all.

And then one night I was up late and for some reason, I sniffed it again. And I thought, well, that's not too bad. But I still can't say I was looking forward to trying it out! But on my skin, it mellowed right out into a warm, comfortable, grapey/winey scent. It reminds me a little bit of a more subdued, less musky Vampire Cabernet. The bitterness and harshness went away. I actually like it quite a bit. But I am so confounded that I like it, that I don't trust it. I don't really trust my nose on this one! Or my skin chemistry. What is going on? I'm going to have to try it again sometime and see if the same thing happens.

• 2 years later...

This is the kind of scent that makes me so happy about threebies! Like, I'd look at this and think, hmm...but probably not take the risk, but when the risk is so low, I'm more inclined to try things I normally might not. This is great! Chocolate haters, fear not! Resin Hos, take heed! I don't know if it's the aging process or just my skin, but the chocolate and rasin are VERY quiet in this,and the black Amber (ie; dark resin blend), recalls some of my FAVORITE LPs like NOCO/OCCO Black, LP Black, even Spirit Bottle to quite an extent. These ARE smoky, church resins here and they take right over, leaving a dark chocolate and vaugely 'purple' accent from the other notes. In fact, I would have named THIS one Papal Purple,haha! But in short, this is the kind of scent I LIVE FOR. Smoky, sexy, dark burning sweet incense! Yum! This is also COMPLETELY unisex. Anyone who loves church scents,witch shop scents or resins in general needs to try it. It's still on the LP site in threebies packs, I don't know if it's sold Solo as well. But enough of my rambling, let it be known that this has bumped Blackstone out my top sale order spot!! Viva Los threebies!

Edited by cheeseburger79