Spiced Cider Pudding

Beccah

AD-SpicedCiderPudding.jpg

Spiced Cider Pudding

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MILK/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
APPLE CIDER ~ Love, healing, fertility, good
luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.

It's hard to describe, it's sort of like nutmeg but it's got a warmer quality. Sometimes it make people think of cumin but it's not as pungent.

Like, if you've ever had iced Thai coffee/tea, that spicy quality you smell? That's cardamom.

This is creamy good and lightly spiced on me,the apple comes gently in and out after awhile...will be great for those who don't want that bold blast,like some of us...heh :D

This smells delicious! Its not overly apple-y, and the creamy custardy vanilla part seems to be lasting better on me than these notes did in Sveet Tooth.

The cardamom is there but barely there (so far).

This is a very gentle apple scent, for those who don't like it in your face. The milk note is predominant along with the cardamom. I actually get a lot of that. This isn't too sweet on me. i've only had this on for an hour or so, so I will have to wait it out. I have a feeling I will like the long dry down.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had bread pudding before, and this has that same creamy delicious vibe but with apple cider in the mix! SO good. The spices don't amp to death but give it that just-right touch of warmth. I'm so glad the cardamom doesn't stomp all over everything in this as cardamom sometimes can with my skin; the type of cardamom used here has a bit of a woody-spicy vibe that goes perfectly with everything else. The cream and vanilla notes just make it all dreamy and decadent, very much like that calorie-laden monstrosity for the heart we call bread pudding, but without calories.

i like this one! the cider was sweet but not too sweet and i love the bread pudding feel after the full dry down. i was so yummy smelling all day! i just used a few swiped of the sample wand on my neck and it stayed all day!!

I've had bread pudding before, and this has that same creamy delicious vibe but with apple cider in the mix! SO good. The spices don't amp to death but give it that just-right touch of warmth. I'm so glad the cardamom doesn't stomp all over everything in this as cardamom sometimes can with my skin; the type of cardamom used here has a bit of a woody-spicy vibe that goes perfectly with everything else. The cream and vanilla notes just make it all dreamy and decadent, very much like that calorie-laden monstrosity for the heart we call bread pudding, but without calories.

Invi, thanks for that detail. I was wondering about the Cardamom too. In G and L version 3 it amped so bad I smelled Like Indian food. But I believe I have it in something else and it's not so bad there. What about the apple notes here? Is this a lot like All Hallow's Eve?

Edited by Raq On

• 4 weeks later...

Raq, I've never tried All Hallow's Eve, so I can't speak to that...but I really like Spiced Cider Pudding! I get just enough spices to be yummy but not overpowering. Then again, I don't amp the spices in G&L3.

In the vial, it smells like a yummy spiked apple punch! When it hits my skin, I get apple *pie* because I swear I can smell crust, and creamy custardy goodness and lovely spices. After the initial drydown, it stays close to my skin. This is a comfort scent for me. I mean...smelling like perfect apple pie and sippin' custard?!?!!! :heart::heart::heart: On extreme drydown it gives me that fall/winter candle vibe, which is A TOTAL COMPLIMENT in my household!!! B)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 3 months later...

Well this is very nice, even for a foody smell which I am normally not so fond of. It starts off in the vein of Darling Catalina for me, that creaminess with a touch of zest. It has a very "pudding" feel to it, that chewy stickiness in your mouth feeling. I suspect I will like this one in the colder months.

• 1 year later...

This reminds me of the holidays. I'm getting a bright apple cider, the cardamom and a bit of cream. I think it's the apple combined with spice that's giving me a holiday impression. I'm hoping more of that vanilla will come out to play. Or I'll try layering with Sugared Cream!

I got this as one of my freebie bottles in the sale and I'm already soooo hooked on it! At first, there is the cider -- yum, just the way i like it fesh cider, sweet and sharp at the same time, mixed in a creamy pudding spiced with cardamom. O to the M to the G I love this stuff! It is a warm pudding scent -- not hot off the stove, but warm in the bowl. The cider fades after a while, but the creamy pudding sprinkled with cardamom stays on and on. Soft, spicy, warm, sweet and creamy -- exactly as I imagined it would smell when I read the ingredients. I will be wearing this one all fall and winter. I think it would pair well with Treasured Hearts, TMI and Cuddle Bunny. I did wear it with Open Windows, but wasn't sold on that pairing.

• 11 months later...

This is the creamiest spiced pudding. I barely sense the apple, but that's fine. I can always layer with Sugared Apple if I want more orchard and less pudding. But, I digress.

The cardamom..oh me oh my, the cardamom. It adds exactly the weight of the scent that you get from fresh pods. It does not amp on my skin, it just swirls around in the puddingness and sends me intoxicatingly spicy olfactory love notes.

• 4 weeks later...

OMG I got this in the sale and I'm drooling. It stays creamy on my skin without going to powder which I was afraid of because Lick of Cream and Ambrosia of Eros went straight to powder and I wanted to cry. Creamy cardamom. Cardamom is probably one of my favorite notes of all time and I get just a bite of the apple, enough to keep it in out of "chai" and firmly in "cider" territory without being all about the cider.

I totally want to wear this with EoW when I'm on the prowl, and Cuddle Bunny for a cozy night at home. This scent feels inviting...come closer...nuzzle me...! :D

Edited by rain_dancer