Beccah

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what I thought this would be, but it's not what I thought it would be.

In the vial, it smelled familiar. It took me a while to figure it out. It smells a little like Cougar (I swear in the vial I smelled citrusy musk) and a little like Posset's The Scent of Angels (a soft lemon/vanilla/musk scent, now discontinued, and the only Possets I really really like, not that I've tried that many).

Now that its drying down, it smells more and more like Cougar. Am I wierd? I get hints of the moss, but its like that sharp moss scent is morphing into what I'm picking up as sharp grapefruit.

Anyway, I really like this. It smells like a combination of two scents I really really like.

Edited by xev

Wow xev,that is strange...it is endlessly fascinating to me how different scents are on different people,and even times of the month et al

What did you think Calii? This one has me intrigued! Is it good, and does it remind you of anything LP has done before?

I am really happy about this one. I did have the original and ran out. I missed it so, last month, I asked Mara if she could do something similar as a PE. She said yes, but outdid herself with this one. I am so glad it's back. I just can't wait to try it. :) I think I might have to get a second bottle fast if it is selling so quickly.

What did you think Calii? This one has me intrigued! Is it good, and does it remind you of anything LP has done before?

none that I can think of...

This is wispy ethereal spun silk,I don't get the moss part yet,it is softy sweetened white musk on me,and while not the typical Calii scent,I can see this being an instant hit with many ... so many !

I thought there was only one bottle left a while ago,so I had to get it.I hope its amazing.I want to know if its better in sprayform.

I'll let you know ;)

May! A freshly blended perfume is never going to smell the same as one that has aged 4 years. How about giving it a minute? The ingredients are all the same, and even the sources are the same, though the lots are different.

I got this in the sampler, and as I suspected, this isn't a very BlueBear scent. It's very pretty, sheer. Spider Silk is the perfect name for it. At first I was like, "Cougar? Huh?" but i can see it. To me it smells like Cougar Potion without the grapefruit note. The musks are similar. But anyway, I will use and enjoy my vial but leave the bottles for you lovely ladies!

and does it remind you of anything LP has done before?

Blood on Snow (without the currant)

Pandamaniac (without the bamboo)

Karmiel's Silken Moonlight

Erin's Crystalized Sugar Web (or whatever that one was called)

...this is a very popular fragrance trope among the LPMP fanbase. I think upon first sniff the closest comparison for me was the Silken Moonlight. Usually the white musk in this kind of blend gives me a headache so I'm not sure if I can wear it or not.

HOLY SHMOLY!!!!!!

THIS DOESN'T REMIND ANYONE ELSE OF OCCO BLUE????!!!!!

OMG THIS IS GREAT NEWS!

LUNA said the three death wishes of fragrances on me and I almost cried.

BUT if you MDC my twin that cannot do that one musk.. thinks that this is OCCO BLUE

Is it all oakmoss heavenly????

THIS DOESN'T REMIND ANYONE ELSE OF OCCO BLUE????!!!!!

Not really. It's powdery like the other but it's very "white" and OCCO Blue is...well, it's blue. :op

Believe me, with all this white musk, white amber business and the comparison to Cougar (I'm the only person on LP earth who can't wear that one) I was fully prepared to give this vial to Phinnius to bat under the fridge, BUT...

I SWEAR I GET SUGARED OAKMOSS OCCO BLUE HEAVEN!!!!!

This is a sweet COMFORTING scent that is going to sing me to sleep tonight.

OMG!!!!! I really am ensnared in this silken web just like Luna said!!!

Oh! And LV...this musk is not piercing me at all! I will be interested to hear what you think of it...

Edited by missdarlyncherie

Well yeah, the sugared oakmoss part is definitely there, but for me, right now, I get the white musk/amber part much more. But it's going to be different for everyone (or a lot of people) because that's how artisan fragrance is.

well, I love white amber and white musk, esp in combo with each other... and I do love this. However COMMA (GL may get that, lol) this is super sheer on me. I know, with a name like Spider Silk, it's gotta be, right? I'm not sure I would get a bottle of this, but I definitely plan on keeping my sample!

You guys are getting me really excited! These kind of scents really work to tame SO. I can't wait for my package to get here, so I can give it a go :)

well, I love white amber and white musk, esp in combo with each other... and I do love this. However COMMA (GL may get that, lol) this is super sheer on me. I know, with a name like Spider Silk, it's gotta be, right? I'm not sure I would get a bottle of this, but I definitely plan on keeping my sample!

I'm hoping that my unsniffed bottles will be a good call on my part. From what I've read so far, it should be perfect!!

Wonder how many Dolly will order...she LOVES this one !!

I soooooooo wish I could! But the budget is too tight!

Im hoping It doesnt smell anything like Karmiel's Silken Moonlight..I could not wear that one

Me too Tanya. It electrocuted my forehead.

I amped the moss not the musk!

OOh I cannot wait! I get mine today!!! I even called Maria and told her not to leave the house.

Hmm ok this does smell almost just like crystallized sugar web to me also. I do love this type of scent anyway but I will see how my second bottle ages. So far it doesn't smell like my sample of the original.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

Well I don't have good news for Spidey. .. Instant headache. The white musk or amber amped on my skin like it was angry or something.

Like I was being punished. Again smelled cold to me and got that weird headache on my forehead.. BUT I am about to ovulate or ovulating now so that tends to really throw my skin off when it comes to honey,- so I am going to try this one again in a few days and see how it goes. Actually had a headache all weekend long and a back ache so probably not the best time to test.