Beccah

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh crap! I was hoping it would be all sugared mosses on you after I get you all in a frenzy over it!!! I wore it to bed last night and still no WM/WA head trauma!!

That's crazy! I'm not going to give up. This will adore my skin and give me the moss that I deserve!

Yeah EGG is one of my favorites, especially the original version! But I'm holding off on trying this until my migraine is completely kaput.

So the husband loves it. He could detect the oakmoss (he smelled something masculine) & the white amber/musk (something familiar). My skin sweetened this & amped the white musk, which it tends to do with Cougar. It was really funny, because my nose kept trying to trick me into smelling citrus, because the white musk/amber amped in the same ways. From the description for Cougar:

white and Tunisian ambers, white musk, and a trio of pink and white sugars
I'm glad I was able to get a couple bottles in my stash as this is a double win for me, love the fragrance & so does SO. Edited by Beccah

Luna Chick thought you would enjoy this,from a good friend of mine I sent your Spider Silk poem to,and believe me,coming from her,high praise indeed :abfx:

========================

A writer after my own heart! All the delicious assonance and alliteration~uhmmm. And the so cozy slithering in of the spider's intentions~"....Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly~"

So the husband loves it. He could detect the oakmoss (he smelled something masculine) & the white amber/musk (something familiar). My skin sweetened this & amped the white musk, which it tends to do with Cougar. It was really funny, because my nose kept trying to trick me into smelling citrus, because the white musk/amber amped in the same ways. From the description for Cougar:

white and Tunisian ambers, white musk, and a trio of pink and white sugars

I'm glad I was able to get a couple bottles in my stash as this is a double win for me, love the fragrance & so does SO.

Alright, when I tested initially, I had Lick Of Pink on my neck & that was what was tricking my nose. On a bare canvas, I'm just getting smooth, white musky heaven. A sweet skin musk. I still amp it the same way I do the white musk in Cougar, but is definitely nothing like Cougar. This is very innocent & yet grown up. Innocuous for daytime wear, but still feminine/sexy. I am very happy with this purchase, & yes getting it in spray was a brilliant idea. It's so sheer, the alcohol doesn't really change the character.

That is what I wanted to ask you and Lynn, Beccah. If you like the oil or spray better?

The fragrance smells the same in either base to me. The spray is just more practical wide range application & the oil anchors it better.

Just got this last night when I got home from work and I LOVE this one and I'm thrilled I got it. To me its sex in a bottle, I love how it just sits close to your skin and gives an amazing vibe of musk. I love how light this is, I wish I was better at describing scents but this is such a comforting scent to me

I was not in on the first batch, I've no idea if this exactly dupes it, NOR do I care! This is something lovely, ethereal and unquestionably an LP classic! There are some LP's when sampling for the very first time...I have the IMMEDIATE love for. This is one.

The notes are so mingled on my skin (yay!) that I really can't distinguish them one from the other...it reminds me of the feel I get when I wear Halo's Lavendar Smoke, or Angelique...that comforting caress of a scent that touches your heart.

my nose insists, FLORAL! FLORAL! FLORAL! I think it is filling in flowers based on the other traditionally perfumey notes that this is made of :D and/or that is what it is doing with the moss+sugar. Ultrafeminine, gauzy, timeless feel. Smells like something royalty could have been wearing in the middle ages and what our robot overlords will be wearing some millennia hence - this will always be pretty. I feel like a swan.

Home with a cold today... But I slathered this on for my own enjoyment and cuddling in a blanket on the couch. This scent is so soft and comforting. I get a pure sugary musk. It's very fem and light and I'm truly loving this scent :)

this smells like k's silken moonlight to me ,which I was hoping it wouldn't..but after it dries I get some mosses,It might grow on me.

edit to add..the smell might grow on me lol not the mosses.. :lol:

-the next day-

ok so after further testing it last night and this morning..I really like it,there is a note in there that reminds me of silken moonlight but it is so much more with the mosses .Its not a light scent to me but smooth.Its really addicting to my nose.

Edited by tanya27

this smells like k's silken moonlight to me ,which I was hoping it wouldn't..but after it dries I get some mosses,It might grow on me.

edit to add..the smell might grow on me lol not the mosses.. :lol:

lol! Made me giggle Tanya! I have never tried KSM, if it is like SS '12 without the mosses I probably wouldn't like it though. I love the mosses in this and that it distracts from the white musk on me. This is indeed comforting and oh so smooth!

This smells exactly like KSM on me and that's not the best thing. It gives me that third eye headache and now I have a Spider Silk 2012 zit covering my third eye :cry:

This is not working on me , Im still going to hold on with the hopes that the ageing will do something like, make it smell like a white version of La Fleur or Special D.

I get more of the sweetness in the vial, but on my skin it's a solid melding of the white musk, white amber and oakmoss. In that way it reminds me more of Blood on Snow (in the base, that is). And the musk is a bit pointy. It's very clean and light, but as I've said, just not my thing usually,

So glad I scored a bottle of this! There's something in it that reminds me an awful lot of Autumn Wishes. It's really soft and pretty, and kind of clean in the way that Sneaky Clean is clean.

Gah! Will have to finish review later - cat chewing on my hand! :huh: I don't know why... hungry, I guess! Lol!

I don't know if anyone else has the same impression, Moonholly, but it's the first thing that leapt to mind when I applied Spider Silk. It's even softer than Autumn Wishes, but for me at least, it has the same vibe. I'd love Autumn Wishes, too. So pretty, both of them! :D

I love this not only because it's beautiful, but it won't go off on my currently PMSing chemistry. Soft, ethereal vanilla musk, a very "white" scent. It's a cousin to my beloved Crystallized Sugar web, except whereas that one is a little more sticky wtih the benzoin this one is a bit more powdery--the pleasant, comforting kind of powdery quality that I like. I'm so glad that I finally have my own bottle after wanting this one since I first read about the original!

Edited by Invidiana

I've only worn this once, so will have to try it again before really deciding...but I think it might be too ethereal for me. It's very pretty, and it's a kind of scent I like...but...I think I was expecting more oakmoss and a little more earthiness or sugariness. I think. It reminds me of the scented Cuddle Bunny, which I like and is *less* ethereal on me. I sound like a doofus. I need to try this again, 'cause it's pretty. B)

I love this scent for days that you just want a light scent sitting on your skin...This is so nice, it does not amp anything bad on me and it plays so nice with my skin chemistry. Its just a bit of oak lying on my skin.... Eveytime I wear it I can smell something different then I smelled on prior applications...

I love this not only because it's beautiful, but it won't go off on my currently PMSing chemistry. Soft, ethereal vanilla musk, a very "white" scent. It's a cousin to my beloved Crystallized Sugar web, except whereas that one is a little more sticky wtih the benzoin this one is a bit more powdery--the pleasant, comforting kind of powdery quality that I like. I'm so glad that I finally have my own bottle after wanting this one since I first read about the original!

See, on my skin this comes off as Cougar Potion's less raucous sister. More appropriate for everyday wear & just beautiful.

I've only worn this once, so will have to try it again before really deciding...but I think it might be too ethereal for me. It's very pretty, and it's a kind of scent I like...but...I think I was expecting more oakmoss and a little more earthiness or sugariness. I think. It reminds me of the scented Cuddle Bunny, which I like and is *less* ethereal on me. I sound like a doofus. I need to try this again, 'cause it's pretty. B)

I understand exactly what you mean- I retried this and I got more of a balance this time around, the musk and amber weren't as piercing, there was a teensy bit of oakmoss, but not enough for me. It seemed too.. icy? white?

I understand exactly what you mean- I retried this and I got more of a balance this time around, the musk and amber weren't as piercing, there was a teensy bit of oakmoss, but not enough for me. It seemed too.. icy? white?

Icy and white. It *is* icy and white. I can DO icy and white sometimes. I just saw your post, LadyV and put this on again. Right as it hit my skin it smelled like what I WANT it to smell like...and then it spread out like a mist and got all ethereal again! I *am* noticing more scent now as the drydown progresses. It's funny--I don't get the piercing feeling from the musk and amber...I kind of get a void in the middle of the scent. This time around it's working better. I might be able to wear this. I have the same problem with Egg--can't smell it much on me. And...truth be told, I'm such a resin/foody ho that a couple ethereal perfumes that my sinuses don't understand aren't any big deal. Heh. Mara keeps me rolling in preciousssss anyway! Edited by ElizabethOSP

Icy and white. It *is* icy and white. I can DO icy and white sometimes. I just saw your post, LadyV and put this on again. Right as it hit my skin it smelled like what I WANT it to smell like...and then it spread out like a mist and got all ethereal again! I *am* noticing more scent now as the drydown progresses. It's funny--I don't get the piercing feeling from the musk and amber...I kind of get a void in the middle of the scent. This time around it's working better. I might be able to wear this. I have the same problem with Egg--can't smell it much on me. And...truth be told, I'm such a resin/foody ho that a couple ethereal perfumes that my sinuses don't understand aren't any big deal. Heh. Mara keeps me rolling in preciousssss anyway!

That's so funny because I love Egg!

I can do the white musk or amber in that one, but this one it is very icy on me.. oh you know like those ' hot spots ' where ghosts are? Like that. A cold freezing chill on my forehead.

That's so funny because I love Egg!

I can do the white musk or amber in that one, but this one it is very icy on me.. oh you know like those ' hot spots ' where ghosts are? Like that. A cold freezing chill on my forehead.

That's weird that you get a chill feeling. I think someone could easily do a doctoral thesis on the chemistry and psychology of how we perceive and experience scents. OH WHAT AM I SAYING! There've probably been HUNDREDS done on that!!!

As for Spider Silk....my extreme drydown today has turned out quite nicely. That hole in the middle of the scent fills back in when I give it time...and I CAN SMELL IT! You know where I'm getting the icy pierce? Pumpkin Musk! It's weird--I have to use it in teeny tiny amounts or layer it (which is fine by me!) or it tries to come after me with an ice pick. And I do like the scent! Is it the white musk that's brandishing the ice pick? Oh hell. I'm threadjacking. Going to the Pumpkin Musk thread now! :)

That's weird that you get a chill feeling. I think someone could easily do a doctoral thesis on the chemistry and psychology of how we perceive and experience scents. OH WHAT AM I SAYING! There've probably been HUNDREDS done on that!!!

As for Spider Silk....my extreme drydown today has turned out quite nicely. That hole in the middle of the scent fills back in when I give it time...and I CAN SMELL IT! You know where I'm getting the icy pierce? Pumpkin Musk! It's weird--I have to use it in teeny tiny amounts or layer it (which is fine by me!) or it tries to come after me with an ice pick. And I do like the scent! Is it the white musk that's brandishing the ice pick? Oh hell. I'm threadjacking. Going to the Pumpkin Musk thread now! :)

Pumpkin Musk?? Oh wow that is weird. I get a warm glow from that one!

Pumpkin Musk?? Oh wow that is weird. I get a warm glow from that one!

Isn't that strange?!? When I *layer* Pumpkin Musk I don't amp it at all. It just lays back and blends reeeeaaally nicely. I just posted about that over on the thread.

BTW, Spider Silk is still cruising nicely on me. WTF....but YAY! :w00t: