Beccah

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's weird--I have to use it in teeny tiny amounts or layer it (which is fine by me!) or it tries to come after me with an ice pick. And I do like the scent! Is it the white musk that's brandishing the ice pick?

I have that exact same reaction to Arcana's Queen Crossbones, I can only wear a literal drop of it otherwise it's migraine-inducing, and in that case it's the Egyptian musk which is the culprit.

Funny story; I was in Walmart & I saw Jovan Musk oil, which started me on a musk sniffing frenzy. I wasn't really into musk before Spider Silk. The Jovan oil was the only thing I would have considered wearing if I were robbed of all my LPs, but the rest were yuck next to the Spider Silk I had on. Definitely lucky I got what I did of the Spider Silk ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a sweet and musky pink scent. Like a finely spun spider web. Reminds me of Pure Sugar. Good for layering, too.

Idk, I get zero pink from this. SP 2012 is entirely white on me.

Wow..I feel so old to hear about all the folks who missed out on the original. To me it seems like yesterday when I received the original Spider Silk, wore it to a meeting with a normally combative person and was pleasantly surprised to be treated with patience and good humour. I have always worn this when I felt the need to engage someones protective energy and it always seems effective. Maybe it is the "baby powder" accord in there that triggers a persons subconscious protectiveness towards the wearer, I dunno. I think it works.

Now to the new formulation: I was one of those people eagerly awaiting a rebrew of this. My supply of the original was running pretty low. I have both on now, the original on my left wrist, the new one on the right.

Original is stronger. Wafts more. Perhaps that is a function of aging. New one is nice, but very subtle in comparison. New one, to my nose, has the white amber as the most prominent feature. I find this amber to be sharpish. I do not detect that same sharp quality in the original. Original has more of the baby powder soft gossamer thing going on. New one is subtler, less powdery and has a bit more bite to it. I know I am anosmic to some musks. I wonder if the musk in this has changed in some way from the original because the new scent seems less "deep" to me as if a dimension is missing. Again, maybe the dimension is aging, not musk molecules too big for my receptors or whatever.

As for effectiveness I have not tested the new one around potentially contentious people. So, can't testify as to effectiveness yet and that is really what I wear it for. Powdery scents are not normally my thing. I'm a deep resins and incense kinda gal.

As for effectiveness I have not tested the new one around potentially contentious people. So, can't testify as to effectiveness yet and that is really what I wear it for.

It works wonders on my (very) standoff-ish SO. So yes, It is still effective in that regard.

Edited by Beccah

• 3 weeks later...

I adore this so much. I got a spray & a bottle, but I don't think I bear to run out of this one. I may have to get another bottle or two, phero boosted if there any left.

ETA: Yay! There are plenty left, crisis averted :)

Edited by Beccah

I adore this so much. I got a spray & a bottle, but I don't think I bear to run out of this one. I may have to get another bottle or two, phero boosted if there any left.

ETA: Yay! There are plenty left, crisis averted :)

this is one of my favs too!..which phero were you going to boost it with? I want one with mabey cougar,leather or gotcha since I never tried those pheros before.

this is one of my favs too!..which phero were you going to boost it with? I want one with mabey cougar,leather or gotcha since I never tried those pheros before.

I didn't order yet because I am genuinely stumped as to which one I should go with. I wanted to a fun one, such as Cougar or Open Windows, but the intent & vibe of this one begs for something more authoritative. Like LFM or Leather. It could go well with Balm Bomb too.

this perfume sounds divine

this perfume sounds divine

Wait! You haven't tried this yet??? Good! I need ALL the rest of the bottles to myself, so move along Indigo, there's nothing to see here :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just testing this today and right as I sniffed it on my skin I knew I had another LP that smelled VERY similar to this one. It has been irking me all morning when it finally dawned on me - Elixir of Silver! I looked both of them up and it must be the musks and moss notes that my skin amps.

Rustle....Rustle....

Do you hear that? That's the young spider tap dancing on her newly formed web.

Unfortunately, the web is a little too wispy and soft to tap dance on, so her footsteps are not very loud.

Yet everybody in the room knows she is dancing, and they are cautious of her.

But not cautious enough.

One gets drawn a hair too close to a translucent strand, and flash!

She pulls her guest onto her stage, and now the guest is being cocooned in the silken bed.

Fear and anxiety instantly vanish. Left with no regrets, the guest is lulled to sleep...in the illusion of comfort and protection.

That's what Spider Silk feels like to me.

Scent-wise, this is incredibly soft and comforting without being too warm... I thought it was a very close skin scent at first, but when my Dad walked into the room he asks me "did you get a new candle? it smells really nice like coconut or vanilla or something."

So I guess it projects. I don't get any coconut or vanilla by the way. >>>>_>>>>

Edited by lalaDinky

Very nicely stated, lalaDinky!! Reading your review made me take mine back out for another spin. I was going to sell it on the trade page, but now I think I'll keep it!

Had to laugh over your dad's comment that it smelled like a candle! We perfume snobs get that a lot . . . sigh!!

You have an enjoyable style of writing lalaDinky! :)

...don't miss Luna's awesome ode on page one of this thread,you will certainly appreciate it !!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I tried this last night and I didn't get the sharpness that I did before. I did get a nice fuzzy soft smell. It did remind me a bit of occo blue.

I even mixed the two and it was heavenly!

I have mine up for sale forever and I might just give this combo a try to see if it will work on me...thanks for the idea

Wore this last night and today for the first time. I love the powdery musky scent that has much more throw than I anticipated. What is odd though is that it is very much a masculine scent on me. I love manly comforting scents, so this is a big plus for me. It tips over to the manly arena on me so much that when I went to look up the review thread, I thought it was under the Men's section as a unisex scent. Gawd, I would love to smell this on guy right now....

Just testing this today and right as I sniffed it on my skin I knew I had another LP that smelled VERY similar to this one. It has been irking me all morning when it finally dawned on me - Elixir of Silver! I looked both of them up and it must be the musks and moss notes that my skin amps.

I've been using Elixir of Silver and Spider Silk together and its quite lovely, each one complements the other

Wore this last night and today for the first time. I love the powdery musky scent that has much more throw than I anticipated. What is odd though is that it is very much a masculine scent on me. I love manly comforting scents, so this is a big plus for me. It tips over to the manly arena on me so much that when I went to look up the review thread, I thought it was under the Men's section as a unisex scent. Gawd, I would love to smell this on guy right now....

That could be from the oakmoss

I like pairing LFM with this, this scent matches really well with intent of LFM.

• 9 months later...

Oh, my gosh, I am IN LOVE! This is exactly as described -- a barely there skin scent that is wispy, ethereal, soft and quietly sweet. I can see this as a great sleep scent, but I bet it would be lovely with Treasured Hearts or Heart and Soul for daytime wear also.

It definitely reminds me of Erin's Crystallized Sugar Web, which I loved. It also has similar vibe to Marsha Mellow for me -- sweet and wholesome and yummy and comforting. Fine for work, and lovely for social time with others. A total win!

• 5 months later...

It's funny you mention Marsha Mellow, Blackcat (I've never smelled it, but I'm assuming there's marshmallow :P ) I completely get marshmallow from this, I know it's not in the description anywhere but it evokes a freshly opened bag of marshmallows to me (probably a combination of fluffy softness + sweet + white forming that association?)

Anyway this is a really beautiful, comforting scent. It's sweet without being screechy, powdery without being straight up baby powder. If I had to use one scent to illustrate an adjective for someone who couldn't understand words, I'd pick Spider Silk for "soft" and there'd be no trouble understanding the concept.

That being said, many times "soft" scents tend to also be very light or weak (or maybe soft is just one of those words we diplomatically use to describe weak, light scents that we otherwise enjoy). But that's not the case here. I applied to skin only and it was wafting around me from 7 am until I washed it off after dinner. It stayed close to the skin but it definitely stuck around. If someone had told me before I found LPMP that an oil based perfume could last that long on skin- regardless of what scent it was- I would have laughed!

Last thing I wanted to mention, though I mention it last because I have no idea if this is just me, but something about Spider Silk calms me right the hell down. I did not have any pheros added to it and wore it by itself, but it worked better for me than Balm Bomb has so far (though I am still trying to find my sweet spot with that one, so that could change!) This one is definitely going in my "stressful days" rotation.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I tried my little sample of this earlier today and I really like this one. It's very sheer which I like as without smelling like them it reminds me of LP: White and Flutterby both of which I love but this one has that slightly more musk note to it. The musk isn't overpowering it a lovely delicate base which the sugars and moss just sit comfortably on top of.

I'm currently undecided as to whether to order a FB of this or stick with what I was going to do and get another LP: White....decisions decisions!

• 1 month later...

I got this as a gift in a trade (so grateful!) And I love it. It reminds me somehow of the Sinner and the Saint. It's soft and white, but not as white flower forward as LP White, which i also love. I'd say it's a lot more sheer and musky. I'm definitely considering a FB if Mr Phergineer also approves.

• 1 month later...