Beccah

AD-EBILish_LovePotion.jpg

EBIL-ish!

This is the dark side of vanilla: the deepest most dreadful collection of that perennial favorite…an unholy trinity of vanilla bean, vanilla bourbon and vanilla absolute blended with 20-fold EO and vanilla oleo resin, EBIL-ly seasoned with spiced chai and clove bud EO then buried in the depths of mysteriously exotic Egyptian black musk. Fans of our Carpe Noctum fragrance may find themselves feeling a little EBIL…ish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA (contains black vanilla, vanilla absolute, 20 fold EO, vanilla oleo resin, vanilla bean) ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BLACK & EGYPTIAN MUSKS ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CLOVE BUD EO ~ Money
attracting,
deflects negative and hostile energies.
CHAI SPICES ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

I hope this one is still on the shelf come Friday, my payday... This one is so me....love the notes

I think (correct me if I'm wrong someone) you should be fine to wait till Friday. I'm thinking if you had to wait like a week or more, you may have problems getting the more popular ones :)

Anyone else have an opinion? :)

Edited by Mrschrissyrez

Yesterday I tried Ebil-ish! I adored the smell. It was sliiiiightly incense-y, very sophisticated, very...haute. I loved it. Unfortunately something about it didn't like me, because I developed an allergic-type headache within an hour of application. Very good throw, which only added to the problem, since I had it on wrists and chest. Eventually the headache went away and the fragrance was still there. Going to set it back a bit and try again later and see if I get a headache again.

Frankly given the ragweed pollen levels, I'm surprised every scent isn't giving me a sinus headache. I think I have been fighting a sinus infection for close to a month. I get it to go away, and then the pollen levels bring it right back.

This one hates the hell out of me. The chai which I usually love in conjunction with the clove, which I usually love just goes sickly on me. I had to scrub it off and cover with something else but I could still smell it even then.

This one hates the hell out of me. The chai which I usually love in conjunction with the clove, which I usually love just goes sickly on me. I had to scrub it off and cover with something else but I could still smell it even then.

Oh man, that sucks! I'm glad I only got a sample of this one, because I'm learning that I amp spices in a bad way!! Although the cute kitty label is soooo cute.

A dark horse!! This one was not on my radar at all, but it's the one i keep coming back to. I want to keep testing, but i think it's safe to say that this one is in the running for my favorite of the month. For some reason, my skin is turning this soapy. It's a clean, vanilla scent. The clove in this gives it the same feel that the cedar gives to Halo's Lavender Musk. I don't smell much of the spice at all, so don't be frightened. This scent stays pretty true throughout the drydown. I think it might even smell good on a man, too, so fellas, you might try a sample!!

Oh who can choose this month?! I don't know if I've loved so many in one collection in a long time!!

This is Exotic Sexy Grown Up Vanilla.

The spices are not crazy at all, they just make it so much more interesting... like a belly dancers vanilla as opposed to a flirty young girl vanilla.

This is one I would wear out...dressed up with Blatant Invitation!!! :Sexy:

My nose was probably interpreting the spice as incense. (I tend to like spicy incenses and room fragrances.) I haven't had a chance to go back to try this again. I need to soon, but maybe after I've EATEN something spicy so my sinuses are open and I'm less likely to get a headache.

I tried 6 new ones tonight, and this was definitely my fave of the bunch. Soft and fuzzy, warm and sweetly spicy... not overwhelming, just right.

Yeah, I really like this one as well. It came out as a close to the skin, whisper of vanilla musk on my skin. Was opening my box o goodies yesterday & my little one wanted to try something, so I put "the kitty" on him. Didn't even irritate his delicate skin. This is very well constructed.

I can apprehend the similarities between this and Carpe Noctum, except the main difference is the woods aspect of the latter. But this is very smooth and deep; the clove is a bit sharp at first but it backs off fairly quickly. What I get primarily is the oleo resin backed with the spices, but they're not loud at all, thankfully. I think this needs to age a bit for me because it just feels like it's not quite done yet in the melding. CN had to age a while for me to really appeciate it as well.

I absolutely love this. Ebil-ish is so exotic, soft and warm on me, like my skin has soaked up the scent of spices and incense of a place rather than a scent I have purposely applied. I could see this being a great all-over fragrance that would pair well with dabs of other heavier spiced scents.

ETA-Just ordered a full bottle. I could not resist.

Edited by mcreepers

I'm stunned... Speechless. If it wasn't for the fact I know Mara doesn't make scent mistakes I'd swear she sent me a blank one. I get nothing from this, the faintest tiny bit of subtle spice but that's it. Nothing else, it's like I'm not wearing anything, and I've slathered this one on, but I smell nothing :( I. Just don't get it...

Rosebud, I think you're becoming 'scent blind' to vanilla. You've mentioned not smelling vanilla dominant scents several times now. You've worn so much of it for so long, I think you are no longer smelling it. Overexposure doesn't make you smell it better, it makes it invisible. This one has pounds of vanilla in it, very rich vanillas. Maybe you should try switching out the kind of perfumes you are wearing for a break?

That's what happened with me & grapefruit! I used to use grapefruit EO all the time in my bathwater, and when I got Cougar Potion I couldn't make out the grapefruit in it for a while. I had to stop using the grapefruit for a while so I could start smelling it again.

Anywho... I got a full bottle of Ebil-ish on a hunch that it was something I'd like. And who am I kidding? I like the kitty on the label. :) My hunch paid off. This is great! The vanilla is not overwhelmingly sweet. I do not smell like baked goods while wearing Ebil-ish. I love the spices, the musk, everything. It's kind of a sexy, cosy scent. Cosy scents usually make me crave comfy, well-worn pyjamas and fuzzy socks, but Ebil-ish makes me feel like I should be wearing black satin pjs... and fuzzy leopard print slippers! I like. I like a whole lot! :D

Rosebud, I think you're becoming 'scent blind' to vanilla. You've mentioned not smelling vanilla dominant scents several times now. You've worn so much of it for so long, I think you are no longer smelling it. Overexposure doesn't make you smell it better, it makes it invisible.

:blink: Whaaat? Seriously? That can happen? But that's just SO NOT fair :EVB7BC~18:

Maybe you should try switching out the kind of perfumes you are wearing for a break?
:10_small16: Whaaaat? Rosebud, not wearing vanilla? I guess I can have a rummage through my stash of goodies up for swapping.... I don't think I have much to choose from that isn't vanilla based to be honest... I've got my OCCO Purple, and the new one Gilded Season....Oh, and some old LP LE...

Just how long does this break have to be do you reckon??

For me it was just a shortie, probably a month or so before I could smell the grapefruit again.

You call a MONTH a shortie???? I really doubt I can do a whole month without my vanilla goodies...

:blink: Whaaat? Seriously? That can happen? But that's just SO NOT fair :EVB7BC~18:

I also didn't know this could happen!! :blink: Duly noted.

Whoever said this is grown up vanilla is so right!!! At the end of the day, this is so sexy, i feel like taking myself out for a drink. lol

:blink: Whaaat? Seriously? That can happen? But that's just SO NOT fair EVB7BC%7E18.GIF

Totally true. Anyone who spends a good portion of their time immersed in a particular smell no longer smells it at all after a while. It's probably a kind of defense mechanism of sorts.

This is a weird admission to make, but after brewing LP Original for 25 years, guess how I know when I get it right? It disappears completely. I smell nothing. I adjust it until I smell nothing. I tend to have a 3rd party around to A/B a previous version and the latest brew to check it for me and make sure it's as close as can be, but that's how I know when I nail it. If I smell something, it means it's a tad different, and sometimes I subconsciously brew for that too, just so I can smell it again.

Totally true. Anyone who spends a good portion of their time immersed in a particular smell no longer smells it at all after a while. It's probably a kind of defense mechanism of sorts.

This is a weird admission to make, but after brewing LP Original for 25 years, guess how I know when I get it right? It disappears completely. I smell nothing. I adjust it until I smell nothing. I tend to have a 3rd party around to A/B a previous version and the latest brew to check it for me and make sure it's as close as can be, but that's how I know when I nail it. If I smell something, it means it's a tad different, and sometimes I subconsciously brew for that too, just so I can smell it again.

That is weird! Does it bother you that you can't smell it anymore? I've never went scent blind before, I'm always switching it up.

That is weird! Does it bother you that you can't smell it anymore? I've never went scent blind before, I'm always switching it up.

It's like I can "see" it in the periphery. Like something you can only see when you don't look directly at it, but just out of the corner of your eye. I can still feel the yummyness in the air, but not smell it directly. Yeah, it is a little frustrating.

I loved this so much, the creamy vanilla, the hint of chai and all those spices mingling in, but it faded on me very quickly... I will give this another test run after the dot is gone and maybe I will get some different sniffs

Oh no!! I feel bad for you, this one stays on me a good long while, and especially on the shirt I wear to bed. This smells sooooo good the next morning!!

Rosebud, I think you're becoming 'scent blind' to vanilla. You've mentioned not smelling vanilla dominant scents several times now. You've worn so much of it for so long, I think you are no longer smelling it. Overexposure doesn't make you smell it better, it makes it invisible. This one has pounds of vanilla in it, very rich vanillas. Maybe you should try switching out the kind of perfumes you are wearing for a break?

This must be what's going on with pumpkin for me. I want it too bad and it eludes me. I've been looking over my stash and it's 99.9% spicy scents. Sneaky clean is the only one that isn't. I better broaden my horizons...

wow, amazing staying power!! I sure like this one after a couple of hours! It's good wet, too, but it starts off quite masculine on me, and sweetens up as time goes on. No slathering here! Just a couple of inches split between wrists, and about an inch on back of neck and cleavage is plenty. I'm going to be very interested to see how this one ages!

I think this is happening to me. I guess it is time to break out some of my lesser used scents.

• 3 weeks later...

This is so adorable and unusual. I love how it is so fuzzy like a kitteh belleh, but then it also has this dark, vaguely mischievous undercurrent. A kitteh with fangs and a wink!! That dark part (the black musk, I think) very nearly makes it too not-me for me to wear, but only very nearly. What a beaut.