Midnight Masquerade

Beccah

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this today -- HOLY MAMA!! It's like an aroma clock -- at the start, it's all cherry. Three seconds later it's all patch. A few seconds later it's the pumpkin making an appearance, then the softer sweet notes start taking over. It's been about two minutes now, and I'm detecting -- spices??? Now after ten minutes or so, it's starting to settle down into what must be the final fragrance.

Love it!!!

Edited by Just Ducky

I wore Midnight Masquerade to work last night, and my boss kept asking who lit the Christmas candles early. <_< His wife had him hanging the Christmas lights outside the restaurant all afternoon, and he thought she secretly lit some of her smelly candles! LOL! I think he's nuts; this doesn't smell like Christmas *or* candle. It does *feel* pretty sparkly though. And I adore the cherry. I think it's one of my favourite perfume notes. I've yet to meet one I haven't liked. ;)

I orderd two bottles unsniffed and have tested this twice before posting my review.

I love the mask and headgear on the model of the label. Kind of reminded me of the Masquerade scene of the Phantom of the Opera which incidentally is my favourite musical.

On wet, I get quite a bit of spices, some cherry and pumpkin. I thought I could pick out cinnamon, which reminded me of the "top note" of LP Red (btw, I think that's why your boss thought you lighted up the Christmas candles) but none was listed in the product description, at least from the backers shopping cart which I use to read and order from LP.

The cherry is well balanced and plays well with the pumpkin, complementing it instead of trying to take center stage. The pumpkin reminded me of the pumpkin note in I Scream For Halloween (which didn't work out for me).

On drydown, the pumpkin mellowed and the cherry faded, leaving behind a slightly sweet, creamy and spicy scent. Unfortunately MM did not last on my skin and I guess it's because I'm so used to the throw of fruity and floral scents provide.

MM does resemble SF but is denser, IMO. It is overall a winner but I prefer SF over it.

I love the picture on this too Joc. I also love Phantom, I used to sing the soundtrack to Jude when I was pregnant. This is a perfect fall winter scent. I am going to run and pour this on me right now, I want to wear this and Because the Night and maybe Jack

• 2 months later...

This is pink cherry at its best. On me the cherry comes out quite a lot, kind of a very sweet, glazed cherry, and personally I wish I amped the pink a bit more, but it is still very nice. Kind of a citrusy pink, somewhere between A Lick of Pink and Sparkle Fuchsia. Drydown is all sweet cherry, I can't pick any pumpkin and very little pink.

• 2 weeks later...

Very cherry at first, but not the yuck-o cough-drop-y kind, just yummy juicy sweetness. After drying,the cherry backs away and it turns into sweet-spicy-lovliness! It wears very close, at least on me. It was love at first sniff and it is definitely worthy of "The Slather"!!

I wish I got more cherry from this. It was all spice and pumpkin on me with a hint of pinkness.

How about layering OCCO Ambrosia with it? I do that almost all the time.

Mmmm! This one is SO scrumalicious! I feel like a cat with cat nip...I want to slather and roll around in it until there's nothing left but all the yummy deliciousness ground into every pore....do you think that would be excessive? :huh::lol:

I love cherry scents so this is right up my alley. It is yummy sweet cherry syrup at first, then vanilla, and then the other ingredients make their entrance. I'm wondering what other fruity scents I can layer it with to make some interesting variants.

I'm just beginning to dabble in layering scents and I have to say...it's quite amazing at how well so many intermingle with one another....must be Magickal! :heart708: You've all put me in the mood for this one today! Now...which phero to wear with it...we will be visiting my husband's mom to tell her about his recent surgery...I'm thinking Teddy BB...I lightly scented that one with Glitter Kissed and I think MM and that one will be complimentary....

• 3 months later...

Mmmm! I made some of this into a moisturizing spray for my hair for after showers or anytime the ends seem dry and my husband has been cooing over how good it smells :Emoticons0424:

• 2 months later...

Hey yall.

Sooooo, I see a ton of Sparkle Fushia references, which I've never had the pleasure of trying,but what I wanna know is how similar us this to Unreasonable Pumpkin? Looking at the notes, it seems that they may be alike, but I can't tell!

I'm thinking of procuring this in a trade. I have to pick out of a few other things....I already have Unreasonable and love it, but I don't really want something almost the same....what do you guys think?

They are pretty similar, as Mara has, after many requests, made several perfumes that are close to Sparkle Fuchsia. I don't know if Midnight Masquerade was meant in that vein, but it is the closest thing I've ever smelled to SF. I love it.

I tried Unreasonable Pumpkin, but it had a little too much of the "bakery" style pumpkin in it, for me.

For me Unreasonable Pumpkin is more of a crafts store scent than a pink pumpkin one, even though I know it was meant to be in the same vein as SF. I'd say there's enough of a difference that you would be able to discern between the two.

On me they are fairly different. I get plenty of pumpkin with a little pink sweetness and spice from UP.

MM is VERY pink swirly sweetness with cherries and marshmallow root.. I really don't get pumpkin as a stand out

I've used this perfume to make a moisturizing hair spritz (the perfume + vegetable glycerin + distilled water + A LOT OF SHAKING - very simple, I'm not talented enough for anything too complex :D ) and I spritz it on after my showers while my hair is still wet and OHMYWOW! I love how AMAZING this makes my hair smell - and it stays ALL DAY and into the next. I would like to just say...YUM!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

First on, its just delicious in general, like i never had a burning desire to get more and slather myself with it :burning-heart:

I also didnt think there was cherry in this. Talk about mind blowing haha

Anyways basically what i picked up while wet was pink cotton candy sprinkled with cinnamon and drizzled with cherry syrup

Durring the dry down the cherries fade out slowly but the pumpkin gives a quick flash then disappears and makes everything else intensified! I was so pink and spicy and a little later the marshmallow root popped out making the base appear rich and creamy. At the marshmallow root stage one of my roomies told me i smelled like a really fancy candle.

I am so happy now that i own a sample of this! I can have something to hold me over til i get a FB :funnyanimation17:

• 5 months later...

This is wonderful, I'm a huge Sparkle Fuchsia fan so when I learned a few weeks ago how similar MM is, I had to get a sample to try (thank you Halo!).

I was curious if the pink would be pink-sparkly or cherry from reading the reviews, it's been both on me. When I first applied there was a subtle whiff of maraschino cherry; a happy start. But after that it's been all pumpkin sugary marshmallow goodness and all day long too.

• 2 weeks later...

MM is great, just lacking something more for me. I wish I could find ST (per earlier thread) to layer it with! Asked my HB if he liked this one or (the more honey-esque) Alabaster Queen & surprisingly MM won hands down. It just lacking something to "anchor " it for me.

• 11 months later...

So...I smell cinnamon in this. Why am I getting cinnamon?

I love the name. Midnight Masquerade just sounds so fun and mysterious. And I love the concept--pink pumpkin? Sign me up. But I tried it out today, and I'm just not feeling it for some reason. I don't know if it's just the mood I'm in isn't congruent with this scent, or if this scent simply isn't for me. I'll have to test it out again sometime.

• 6 years later...

On my skin when wet this is all about the cherries and then, as it dries down, it's a cherry pumpkin mix.

Sorry for reviewing old scents, but my package is still on its way, so I am keeping my self busy with oldies :)