Angela's Purple Pastry

snowflake

Am I the first to review this one? I can't believe it. Well, I rceived Purple Pastry today, opened the bottle and took a whiff of light lavender, soft vanilla, but so far couldn't detect the coconut. I rolled it on my wrists, let it settle for 20 minutes. Yeah, I get some coconut, but it's still very faint. The lavender is lovely, quite different from other lavender scents which I have. This would be also nice as a spray, or boosted with H&S or G2

Is the lavender sharp? I love the lavender in PurplePuff, it's so sheer.

The lavender in this one is not sharp at all. In fact, it's very sheer. Purple Pastry reminds me a bit of Purple Puff, but the lavender in P.Pastry is a tad lighter than in P.Puff. I love both.

This one smelled a little perfumey to me for some reason. I was expecting a coconut version of Purple Puff or Midnight Snack and wet this is a bit sharp and cold. Almost like there is some alcohol in there. After a while I can detect some lavender. I have to retest as it could be my skin chemistry.

Do you think this would make a good bed time scent?

Definitely. I was wearing it when I went to bed and I had a wonderful sleep.

Lady V, I also didn't get any coconut right after application, but after a few minutes the scent developed wonderfully on my skin.

Definitely. I was wearing it when I went to bed and I had a wonderful sleep.

Lady V, I also didn't get any coconut right after application, but after a few minutes the scent developed wonderfully on my skin.

I'm going to have to retest and be more patient! Thanks for the tip snoflake!

I am really loving this and couldn't be happier! My first application was not good because I got this the same day I started my cycle and I couldn't smell hardly anything. Sniffer was totally off.

Then I tried it about a week later and I could smell only sweet, kind of strong, lavender but it layered beautifully with Purple Puff. After that I wore it by itself (and some BBM because I always wear cops now) and it smells fantastic! I get the lavender which quickly morphs to coconut lavender and then it is coconut lavender vanilla sugar.

I think it needed a bit of time to age and my nose, plus a cold, really was throwing everything off. It is so comforting and just what I was looking for. I hope you don't get tired of hearing this, but Mara YOU ROCK!

HAH,you got the last one in the cart,unless Da Mara has more put aside for sprays :) ...I don't sleep with a pillow but have them on my bed and use a nice roll on one edge of pillowcase that I use just this for <about an before bedtime> ... it will leave an oil stain,but I don't care :) ...also have a cotton floatie summer dress hanging in the bathroom that I just dab some on,every few days,or so after a few hours it smells wonderful...makes me smile. :D

Tyvey,nooooooo,give this one chance,trust me! ...put some on a cloth,hang it where you will not smell it for a few hours,and do this for a few days,I know sounds strange,but try it!! :P

• 9 months later...

I can't believe nobody mentioned that this is the lavender from Fuzzy Wuzzy and Body Paint!! It is my all time favorite lavender. So naturally I love this. The coconut is super sheer and the vanilla is fluffy. LOVE.

• 4 weeks later...

After reading that it was the same lavender from Fuzzy Wuzzy, I knew I had to snag a bottle somehow. So off to the trade threads I went and I tried it on the second I received mine.

I'm so happy that it's the same sense of lavender! Now I can't wait to see how it pairs with BBM to add to the lavender vanilla vibe.

In the meantime, on its own, I am in lavender heaven. I don't really get any coconut but I do get a powdery musk sense in the drydown (maybe that's the coconut?!). In that sense, it is calming and baby powdery fresh.