Love Potion: Original

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Wore this on my vacation...was walking around an outlet mall and went into a Crocs store. The place was full of corporate reps harassing the few people that worked there, instructing them on how to get their numbers up, etc. (High pressure BS between Thanksgiving and Xmas :rolleyes: ) A salesman approached me and asked if I needed help and was assisting me to sort through items looking for my size, and then he stops and says, "I don't know what you're wearing, but you smell friggin' DELICIOUS! What IS it?" So I reply, a little nervously, "Ummmm.....Love Potion?" And he pretty much SHOUTS, "OH MY GOD, IT'S WORKING!" And he lunges at me with his arms open, and we both start to crack up laughing. One of the corporate beyotches spins around and says, "Um, Daryl, please go in the back and blah blah blah blah....." So he leaves me abruptly to go into the back. Well, without his help (no one takes his place) I can't find what I want and end up purchasing just $6 worth of little superhero tabs instead of the multiple pairs of shoes I was intending on.

Corpo beyotch ends up ringing me up and saying "Are you SURE this is all you want? There wasn't anything else? Can't I help you find something?" prodprodprodprod tryingtoshowoffinfrontofotheremployees

I reply, "Well, there WAS a very nice gentleman helping me, but he was made to leave in the middle of helping me, so I never found what I wanted."

"Ohhhh, you're the one that Daryl was talking to!" (I was the only customer in the store)

"Yes, he was extremely helpful. I would suggest that the next time you are haranguing employees about making more sales, you do not interrupt them in the middle of a successful transaction."

:Emoticons04283:

Wore this on my vacation...was walking around an outlet mall and went into a Crocs store. The place was full of corporate reps harassing the few people that worked there, instructing them on how to get their numbers up, etc. (High pressure BS between Thanksgiving and Xmas :rolleyes: ) A salesman approached me and asked if I needed help and was assisting me to sort through items looking for my size, and then he stops and says, "I don't know what you're wearing, but you smell friggin' DELICIOUS! What IS it?" So I reply, a little nervously, "Ummmm.....Love Potion?" And he pretty much SHOUTS, "OH MY GOD, IT'S WORKING!" And he lunges at me with his arms open, and we both start to crack up laughing. One of the corporate beyotches spins around and says, "Um, Daryl, please go in the back and blah blah blah blah....." So he leaves me abruptly to go into the back. Well, without his help (no one takes his place) I can't find what I want and end up purchasing just $6 worth of little superhero tabs instead of the multiple pairs of shoes I was intending on.

Corpo beyotch ends up ringing me up and saying "Are you SURE this is all you want? There wasn't anything else? Can't I help you find something?" prodprodprodprod tryingtoshowoffinfrontofotheremployees

I reply, "Well, there WAS a very nice gentleman helping me, but he was made to leave in the middle of helping me, so I never found what I wanted."

"Ohhhh, you're the one that Daryl was talking to!" (I was the only customer in the store)

"Yes, he was extremely helpful. I would suggest that the next time you are haranguing employees about making more sales, you do not interrupt them in the middle of a successful transaction."

:Emoticons04283:

Love your response, this is something I would say.... love it, love it

HA! Love it! Hopefully she learned her lesson!

EXCELLENT move, PM! I've never understood the mentality of managers -- and consumers -- who act as if providing good customer service is an option. Customers who are ignored or treated disrespectfully should either speak up or walk out; ideally, they should do both so management is put on notice.

ETA -- LP Original never fails to get noticed -- in a good way!!

Edited by Just Ducky

EXCELLENT move, PM! I've never understood the mentality of managers -- and consumers -- who act as if providing good customer service is an option. Customers who are ignored or treated disrespectfully should either speak up or walk out; ideally, they should do both so management is put on notice.

:yeahthat: x 100's! ...Mara that was awesome,and especially in front of the other employees so she is less likely to be able to take her pettiness out on Daryl ...I can guarantee everyone there was clapping loudly and high-fiving you in their heads...and to each other out of her presence :001_302:

...you will be remembered fondly for a long time :hearts09793:

This!!!! And in the event that I get no response from management--which has happened--that just indicates that I no longer need to do business with those companies.

Way to go, Mara!!!!

That's it!! I'm getting the LP sampler! It's way past overdue ;)

Mara, great story!

What! You never got one??? Eh, well I never got one either. If I had a time machine I would a. have been using LPs from the I first had disposable income (which would have been like always because I would also make a jaunt to give my parents the winning lottery numbers), and b. have started off with a Love Potion sampler ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think what gets put into the LP sampler is random. I didn't get LP Black in mine, but it was still worth the purchase.

The Love Potion Variants are awesome. I think it's really cool that they all started with essentially the same base, (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that count), but they all smell so completely different from each other.

I wonder though, if you could put a note in with your order, stating that you'd like it if LP Silver were included in your sampler? I don't know if it works that way or not... That's a question for Mara, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not going to completely cover Sexpionage - there might be some bleed thru. My opinion is to go for BI.

I am wearing this today,and it is boosted with BI :) ...mind you it is a few years old,but no bleed thru,on me, and O M Deity has this aged beautifully. Love Potion original is a must have! :Emoticons04235:

Been wearing this one a few times throughout the last couple of weeks.

The first time i opened it from the bottle i liked but cant say i fell in love straight away.

Once on skin It had a really lean, subtle soft smell to it. Still a great depth to it but light.

It has a very caring smell to it, reminds me of calm deep caring emotions.

The first few time i wore this i found the apricot smell a little over powering,however the last two times i haven't noticed this...planning on buying the full bottle of this stuff as think its a great feminine everyday base smell, maybe to have in hair etc and then there smells for more exciting days.

Definitely a lovely subtle feminine scent with has a caring soft air around it =)

Also definitely a smell that grows on you the more you wear it!

D

<3*

Edited by skayna

While I can't claim this as my signature scent (I am way too fickle for such things!), I can say this is the fragrance I most often reach for when I am craving something unusual and uncharacteristic of my typical scent choices. As this scent develops on my skin it becomes so creamy, warm, and inviting. I am often wary of perfumes containing patchouli, but there is nothing to fear here. Even the notes I would normally consider loud are so well blended that none particularly shout out; instead, they subtly complement each aspect of the fragrances chosen, resulting in a unique and harmonious perfume that will most definitely set your apart in a crowd, in the most positive way possible :)

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got my hands on this. It's....an odd scent. I was afraid of this being too heavy and sweet, but it's not. It's not a light airy fragrance by any means, but not overpowering either. In the first 30-45 mins all I smell is apricot, but after that, it's becoming more balanced, and actually quite nice! It's nice and warm, a little bit sweet, but not too much. All together it just feels very smooth, and very creamy. I'm not sure if this is something I'd wear a lot, but likely something to reach for every so often.

LP Red is probably my favorite scent here. I don't get a lot of apricot but it balances out the rest of the spice giving it that something "extra." It's so different than any other of the spicy blends I have and i just love it!! I wear this at least twice a week.

snapback.pngPotion Master, on 15 November 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

It's not going to completely cover Sexpionage - there might be some bleed thru. My opinion is to go for BI.

I have mixed 12 drops of sexpionage oil into my LP RED oil (starting w/ about 3/4 of a bottle of LP Red) and for me it covers great! Wear this a lot!

Yes, LP Red is quite a bit more dense than LP Original. LP Red will cover pretty much anything.

Just to avoid potential confusion, my comment was in regards to the subject of this thread, LP Original.

Yes, LP Red is quite a bit more dense than LP Original. LP Red will cover pretty much anything.

Just to avoid potential confusion, my comment was in regards to the subject of this thread, LP Original.

Whoops, sorry, I thought I was on the LP red thread. I'll Delete my inaccurate post.

Edited by Raq On

Okay what a difference a day makes. I'm so confused. I wore this today and..... not getting the apricot. This is now so smooth and creamy and well blended on me that I can't pick anything out. Not as "heavy" smelling on my skin today too as it did yesterday. It's almost like..... AM I WEARING THE SAME PERFUME?????

Okay what a difference a day makes. I'm so confused. I wore this today and..... not getting the apricot. This is now so smooth and creamy and well blended on me that I can't pick anything out. Not as "heavy" smelling on my skin today too as it did yesterday. It's almost like..... AM I WEARING THE SAME PERFUME?????

Heee! Gotta love it. Had your LP Original *just* arrived in the mail when you first tried it out? That thing of letting the artisanal perfumes rest a day or two after traveling *almost* always makes a difference for me. Chemistry is weird. B)

Heee! Gotta love it. Had your LP Original *just* arrived in the mail when you first tried it out? That thing of letting the artisanal perfumes rest a day or two after traveling *almost* always makes a difference for me. Chemistry is weird. B)

Yup! I tried it out just after ripping the box open. Even Honeyed LP isn't quite ALL honey on me today.

The lightness of LP Silver also toned down though, and I liked that lightness to it... but still definitely good.

• 7 months later...

Another glowing review from me on this one! I'm wearing it in spray today & had lunch @ the grocery store. The new developer for my neighborhood was really staring at me, finally came over & was chatting me up. We had lunch, he of course knows I'm married, but I could tell he was just enjoying having lunch w/someone as he's a very busy man. It's easy to forget how powerful this perfume is, until something like that happens!

I ran the dipper stick on my hair at lunch time yesterday as (surprisingly I couldn't smell LP Red on me anymore). The scent lasted all afternoon till I washed my hair at 9pm last night. I have to say that I love this very much more and I might wear some tomorrow.

It took me forever to finally get a full bottle. I got this in an LP sampler a million forevers ago and KNEW I would want a FB but then left it wait and wait because I knew it was permanent and there were SO many others I had to have ....

WELL! I got my bottle at long last and slathered today and this is totally fascinating to me, I got sweet vanilla and amber and apricot AND rose AND patchouli and they all just kept taking turns! One after the other, sometimes together, it was completely unique and ALL delicious! I would get just sweet vanilla and apricot - then patch - then amber/rose - then something else - then a little of everything! How curiously wonderful!

I;m going to wear it again tomorrow - I can't get enough of it! :love::in-love:

Hee! I wore LP O with a little LFM while I was running some errands this afternoon. Every time I got out of the car I thought, "Gee, it smells like someone's making sugar cones!". All over town there was this sugar cone smell, and I wondered if maybe the fair was still in town or something. Then I realized it was me! LOL! I always forget how awesome LP O smells, until I wear it again, and my eyes start rolling back in my head. :) It's some good stuff.

LOL! That's too funny - but I LOVE it when stuff like that happens....the, "What on EARTH smells SO good?! - OH! It's ME!" :cat690:

I have tried LP original in the past and before I couldn't tell the dif between it and LP Red. Now I can. To my nose, LP original is like LP Red's younger sister. Similar smells but less on the cinnamon/heat and more subtle and spicy. I can't pick out specific notes in LP original like I can in Red, but it's still nice. I like to wear the original during the day, then refresh with Red at night. Also, I can amp the LP original with Occo Red and not feel like I am too heavily scented. This is a great staple to have on hand if you can't handle the heavier resin/spice fragrances. It's nice and light.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually wearing this a lot more these days. I keep my sample vial in my bag for emergency touch ups.

I got my first sample 3 years ago which broke and it was the label that held the pieces together for a couple of months. Its a melting pot and the ingredients melded together beautifully. I feel that this is somewhat a scent which I will wear to causual settings, shopping and work.