Because the Night...w/La Femme Noire.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there was actually a few years where they weren't producing the mix (I know. My entire family scoured different supermarkets) but then they brought it back and I was all "SQUEEEE!"

Sadly, a few minutes after putting it on, it turned a little play-doughy, then seemed like a cross between carrot cake and the Auric Blends One Love roll-on perfume that I used to get as a kid from the drugstore. Now, a couple hours later, despite putting an eight inch roll on my arm and shoving my nose right into the inside elbow, it's mostly gone except for a slightly powdery clove/cinnamon smell. Bummer. Guess this one's officially my first "ooo, pretty, but my skin eated it" scent.

BUT! All is not lost. Now I know I love the sh*t out of cherry chip scent as a perfume, so I've got a quest.

I'm wondering--- with the pheromone enhanced perfumes, if the skin eats the scent, does it eat the pheromone too?

Hmm, that's a good question. I would think no the phero doesn't get eaten. Anyone else want to chime in? Halo, Beccah, and Luna would know for sure!

This disappears on me quickly too :(

I still love it though. Maybe I will purchase that silicone barrier that Mara sells. Does anyone have better luck using it, and having scents last longer?

Edited by Mrschrissyrez

hmmm....I know on another thread people mentioned lotion or oil first and then applying. Guess I'll use my trusty jar of coconut oil and hope for the best. I just wish that cherry chip cake scent would stick around!

MissHazel, LP also sells Cycolpentasiloxane, (sp???), which is a silicone roll on that you can wear under your perfume as a means of extending the wear of your scent. I think it might be for sale on the pheromone page? I don't know why more of us don't buy that stuff, since our skin "eating" our scents is a pretty common thing around here! :lol: I might get some at some point, just to have handy for scents like this one, that seem to fade quickly.

Although... I did wear this with Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla, and it *did* extend the cherry-like almond scent.

MissHazel, LP also sells Cycolpentasiloxane, (sp???), which is a silicone roll on that you can wear under your perfume as a means of extending the wear of your scent. I think it might be for sale on the pheromone page? I don't know why more of us don't buy that stuff, since our skin "eating" our scents is a pretty common thing around here! :lol: I might get some at some point, just to have handy for scents like this one, that seem to fade quickly.

Although... I did wear this with Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla, and it *did* extend the cherry-like almond scent.

Oh, I had forgotten about this! Yes! I have tried this and it does work!

Running off now to write self a reminder to get more with next order...

I'm going to wear this one tomorrow/ I haven't given it much of a fair run around hubby. If I can get out of work at a decent hour, he's talking going out someplace nice for dinner...good stomping ground for LFN I should think...

I'm wondering--- with the pheromone enhanced perfumes, if the skin eats the scent, does it eat the pheromone too?

It's not wholly analogous no; although you have to remember that the way you smell to yourself is different from the way you smell to others. So you might not smell something on yourself so well, but others might still perceive it without difficulty even if it seems too subtle. But a pheromone mix is not going to "decay" in the same way a fragrance will, to my knowledge.

^ okay cool, because I wanted the super-hero (or villainess, bwahaha) powers of persuasion some people have seem to have gotten from this mix, so I'll happily keep testing it aside from the scent factor.

I'm going to have to go look for that! I didn't know it was something you could get on it's own. Most scents are fine, and you had said about Ail's VV...it worked w/Fuzzy Wuzzy for me but LFN has staying power on me...I may need to check out that - what is it?- Cycolpentasiloxane? just for the ones I know "wander off" on me :D Great suggestion and thanks for sharing!!! :love:

You're welcome ;) Mara just told me about the CPS a few days ago. It's technical name is D5. The industry standard is a mix of D4 and D5 aka silkbase. It's not as safe as D5 which is pure silicone, so LP prefers it and spends more to be able to offer it.

I'm noticing very nice, very sweet reactions from males AND females with this one. No DIHLs, no stares, no clueless looks my way. Instead, everyone just seems overly nice and extra friendly. I'm calling it "soft reactions" as compared to the "strong reactions" I get from BI or Sexpionage. Almost akin to a social phero reaction. I like!!!!!

You're welcome ;) Mara just told me about the CPS a few days ago. It's technical name is D5. The industry standard is a mix of D4 and D5 aka silkbase. It's not as safe as D5 which is pure silicone, so LP prefers it and spends more to be able to offer it.

:yeahthat: ...I remember reading, and being impressed by Mara's post somewhere about the D5,and that was after I had ordered it :) ...and it lasts forever!

Officially copied to wish list! :love:

I had every intention of wearing Because the Night last night because I was making several things into sprays, but I filled the Fuzzy Wuzzy bottle too full and *had* to wear a few sprays of that to get the lid on instead. I will wear Because the Night tonight out to dinner though!

OK- first, I LOVE this scent! Also I get good selfies from this one too. I feel a bit of the Audacious swing I get when I wear it. I totally strut wearing this, lol. My husband and I went to dinner with friends to Fogo De Chao in Baltimore MD last night. I don't know about the rest of you but I have to be SO careful with my alcohol intake with mones on. We went to the bar because we got there early and all ordered a drink and by the time we were seated and on the way to the salad feasting presentation I was feeling the beginnings of tipsy (it would be unfair to call it just a salad bar...seriously look this place up online! and then GO THERE! But go HUNGRY!LOL). Hurray for food! I love the service there...the atmosphere...the food...the wine. It's dangerous, I swear, it's amazing. I don't eat meat often but I do have it on occasion but I totally go gah-gah for the salad buffet! I'm talking my plate piled sky high lol. The meat is for hubby...I'm there for the service the wine, the salad & deserts! I did have some animal flesh though as well and it was delish, choice medium rare goodness.

ANYWAY this is supposed to be about Because the Night lol!

Thanks to everyone being phero bombed all the way there (we live in PA) EVERYONE was in a good mood by the time we arrived! I had applied the oil before we left and a healthy few sprays of Topper spiked lightly with Pure Sugar and Ail's VV to my hair (it oddly handles flyaways very well, lol) and after we arrived I used the alcohol spray of BTN I created and split 1 spray between my wrists (from the 5ml spray bottle that LP sells).

Everyone had a blowout time and I got more than a couple of double takes from the servers. One thing that I did totally notice was that I was the alpha of the group. I was the one to lead the way to where we had to go when we got to Baltimore, my girlfriend asked me to help choose her wine, they relied on me for direction in the restaurant and for ordering desert and, since we didn't choose to use valet parking, I got us back to the vehicle. (Next time we're totally using valet, the parking garage was just as expensive and we would've had the SUV brought right to us!) Even though we were suffering from "food comatose" on the way home we were all still in a great jovial mood.

Because the Night...SWEET and a pretty darn good phero too!

So I just looked up that restaurant and there is one about an hour from me in Las Vegas. Sounds a lot like Texas De Brazil one of me and HG's favorites! I'll definetely check this one out.

Nice review...I gave my BTN to my mother but I just got my little sample of LFNoire so I'll see how that goes for me next time I go out.

AWESOME! Yes they aren't just in Baltimore. It's a Brazilian gaucho way of preparing meat type restaurant...SO glad there's one in your area! YUM!

:cat690: Hurray for the sampler! Look forward to your review!

Great review, NuTrix! Sounds like you had a great night! :)

I don't eat a lot of meat either, but I went to a gaucho-style restaurant the last time I was in Mexico, and it was divine... Fantastic food, and great scenery, too. It was set just back from the beach and had the hottest servers! :lol: Yeah, the meat was pretty good, too!

Great review nutrix. Yeah, I love getting the salad bar only option at brazillian steakhouses. While I love meat, I like eating excellently for about half the price of the meat option, plus I always feel like I'm sweating nitrates for the next couple of days if I go "whole hog" (ha!) at a brazilian steakhouse.

Nu Trix, we ate there this summer. I'm not a big meat eater, so it's not really my kind of place but our friends loved it! It was a fun experience though. I'm a Maryland girl, so I love seafood!

I love your layer creations! I'm so close to ordering some perfumers alcohol and spray bottles ;)

It was set just back from the beach and had the hottest servers!

They were easy on the eyes, and I love a man who is polite...and catering to my every (reasonable) whim :lol:

I love getting the salad bar only option at brazillian steakhouses. While I love meat, I like eating excellently for about half the price of the meat option, plus I always feel like I'm sweating nitrates for the next couple of days if I go "whole hog" (ha!) at a brazilian steakhouse.

That's a great idea to just get the salad bar only, I think I'll keep that in mind for next time...so long as we're with company, lol. My husband would feel self conscious if I went with just him and didn't have any meat. I know I can count on him to have our moneys worth of meat either way! ;) But I know what you mean about sweating nitrates for days. I hate how heavy meat sits. I'm an intermittent faster and I like my meals to be light, clean and nutritious...buuut it's the holidays and splurging just reminds me of why I do what I do - and so far today all I've wanted to do is nap! :D

Nu Trix, we ate there this summer. I'm not a big meat eater, so it's not really my kind of place but our friends loved it! It was a fun experience though. I'm a Maryland girl, so I love seafood!

I love your layer creations! I'm so close to ordering some perfumers alcohol and spray bottles ;)

NO KIDDING! In Baltimore and not a single lobster in the house!LOL There was some totally delicious salt cured salmon at the salad buffet, and giant olives, mixed greens, home made mozzarella, plum tomatoes, pickled hot peppers, some of the biggest spears of asparagus I've ever seen...life would be complete if I could have access to that buffet everyday! Oh! And desert, 2 deserts and a handful of forks for the table lol. We all shared a slice of chocolate & vanilla mousse cake and a slice of turtle cheesecake dripping with caramel and pecans...and they were ridiculously sized portions...but we suffered through it...

As far as my latest combos, Shelly B gave me the idea of layering the same oil base with it's alcohol spray based counter part reading one of her reviews - I think it was for Gotcha!. I've been keeping it 60/40, alcohol to oil. And, as for me, I didn't think a little boost of the unscented phero would hurt anything :ange:

oh, I've done Intermittent Fasting as well and really like it but fall out of the habit when I spend a lot of time hanging out with my boyfriend.

I like how everything tastes better when IFing, so it's easier to eat healthy when you're zomg-ing on something like plain steel-cut oatmeal with milk.

I'm still not digging the carrot cake with vanilla frosting this turns into, but couch sexins occurred about 1.5-2 hours after applying this and just hanging on the couch watching tv, so it bears further experimentation to see if the two are connected or not.

Edited by MissHazel

NO KIDDING! In Baltimore and not a single lobster in the house!LOL There was some totally delicious salt cured salmon at the salad buffet, and giant olives, mixed greens, home made mozzarella, plum tomatoes, pickled hot peppers, some of the biggest spears of asparagus I've ever seen...life would be complete if I could have access to that buffet everyday! Oh! And desert, 2 deserts and a handful of forks for the table lol. We all shared a slice of chocolate & vanilla mousse cake and a slice of turtle cheesecake dripping with caramel and pecans...and they were ridiculously sized portions...but we suffered through it...

As far as my latest combos, Shelly B gave me the idea of layering the same oil base with it's alcohol spray based counter part reading one of her reviews - I think it was for Gotcha!. I've been keeping it 60/40, alcohol to oil. And, as for me, I didn't think a little boost of the unscented phero would hurt anything :ange:

Aww, we missed out on dessert! Everyone was too full. I filled up on those cheese puff bread things!

Gah! I wish Shelly B was still on this forum! I love reading her reviews and awesome combo creations she came up with!

What happened to Shelly B that she's not here anymore?

Yeah! I tried at least a couple of Shelly's ideas...so far as I had the products or something close, and they were Da Bomb!

• 5 weeks later...

Aw, I so wanted to smell like almond cookies with this one, but alas, it turned very weird on me. I got the initial blast of almond while wet, then it went all funky! I think I now know what the term "plasticky" means now, cause that's what happened, then ten minutes later, it was gone, nothing, no fragrance. I put it away and tried it two weeks later, same thing, so bummed! I wanted to try this to give the LFN a spin, it smells so nice in the vial, I can't believe my skin chemistry turns it so drastically different. Boo. :(

SpriteLeigh, on the pheromone page in the Gift Shop there's a product called Cyclopentasiloxane - it's 8.95 for a full ounce. It's something you might want to try with fragrances like this one that turn funny on your skin, or with fragrances that seem to fade really quickly. You put it on under your perfume to extend the scent, and to (hopefully) prevent weird reactions like that plasticky one you had with BTN. For 8.95 it might be worth a shot...

I'm thinking about getting some to wear under this perfume, too, 'cause it fades really quickly on me as well. But I love it, & I want to wear it!

SpriteLeigh, on the pheromone page in the Gift Shop there's a product called Cyclopentasiloxane - it's 8.95 for a full ounce. It's something you might want to try with fragrances like this one that turn funny on your skin, or with fragrances that seem to fade really quickly. You put it on under your perfume to extend the scent, and to (hopefully) prevent weird reactions like that plasticky one you had with BTN. For 8.95 it might be worth a shot...

I'm thinking about getting some to wear under this perfume, too, 'cause it fades really quickly on me as well. But I love it, & I want to wear it!

Ack!! Just made my order, and forgot to add this! Next month for sure!!

Off topic...

Eggers...My eyes and expression look JUST like your avi when I see pretty shiny things....it's scaring me...but I have no control....something happy happens inside me and I fixate...just...like...THAT. :surprised:

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just cracked open my bottle this afternoonand tested it on my arm. It is very much lighter than I expected. The almond disappeared after dry down and the scent turned funky, kind of plasticky. It seems to bear some resemblance to BBM. I'm uncertain if i like it at this stage. I'll have to test this one day to find out.

Wait and give it a few more tries JOC ...trust me :) you could try it with your Almond PE,or a bit of Sugared Moondust if you have it,the phero blend is a Win on me at this strength ;) if not you should have no problems in a trade,it is GGG