• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, who was it that I promised a bottle to several weeks ago if I had any left? Oh yes, Dolphin Dolls! I just sent you an email.

I love you PM :LuvU396:

Just sent you and email, I'm headed out for lunch be back in a bit, but I so want this bottle....thanks

Edited by dolphindolls2

I was so surprised this one worked on me as chocolate never likes me and this one did not amp the chocolate and I was surprised when I read that it even had chocolate in it...

well it's white chocolate...cocoa butter so a totally different note

Ugh, reading all your reviews makes me wish I had tried this one;but I'm scared of honey scents! But Torrid Sorcery worked for me, so maybe I should be daring once in a while...

I wore Odalisque today with a small two inch strip of OCCO SLF on my breastbone.

Unfortunately, the SLF didn't dry all the way even after twenty minutes so after I dressed I still got a bit of acrid scent on the back end of huffing myself.

So I smooshed the back of my hands against that strip to kind of diffuse it and went to the bathroom and washed it off and took a wet paper towel and blotted my chest.

I wore this combo because I needed to make the best impression on a man for a business deal, and it was a slam dunk.

Despite having undereye bags from all the pizza last night (soda and sodium puts a whopper on my eye bags) and being in bad lighting,

the guy was practically gushing about how beautiful, witty, intelligent, blah blah blah I was. Now, it's my first time meeting him in person so, like all men, he's a horndog but I think this was above and beyond because he seemed positively giddy. No deer in the head light looks but I'm happy Odalisque seems to make me all shiny and new with sensual super powers to bend men's minds.

• 1 month later...

Ordered a virgin bottle and a sample in my last order base on the reviews here and I am glad that I did so, particularly when I am craving for foody scents recently.

I know many have mentioned that this smells like Halo's Angelique. Love the fluffiness of this scent. Cant wait to wear this out one day.

This one morp's so nicely

Completely agree! I haven't worn this in a while and when I first tried it I thought it was nice but that was it. I just now slathered some on, it's so delicious smelling and cozy. I REALLY regret not getting a bottle of this so I'll have to conserve my sample!

I just got a bottle of The Smoking Bun in a trade. Wet, it shares several similar notes with Odalisque. I'm still waiting for the dry down but I'm very happy to have something that I can possibly trade out Odalisque with even if it's a little different.

This is very sweet and rich, and I certainly get the creamy, buttery vibe from it. It's just a little chocolaty as well, perhaps from the cocoa butter. I'm not a fan of this kind of foody scent, but I can see how it would appeal to those of you that are!

• 2 weeks later...

Really? I bought this one fb scent unsniffed...then I ordered more!LOL! Saw you tried it with TT and liked it...what a yummy combo right? :D

Yes, I have tried this with numerous combos, now I'm hooked on this with extra BI spray and BBM just a few dabs.... I wish I would have grabbed a back up bottle of this but I know that other scents will come along that I will love as much as this one

• 3 weeks later...

Dol! I hear you! This one is TOO dreamy and I'm too new to say if anything is similar, but I've never smelled anything like it...ever. It's a delicious treasure for sure!

Speaking from my perspective of having tried every scent in the catalog in the last four years (and about 75% of the PEs), I don't think there's really anything like it other than halo's Angelique, and the similarities between the two are a matter of (scented) opinion.

Speaking from my perspective of having tried every scent in the catalog in the last four years (and about 75% of the PEs), I don't think there's really anything like it other than halo's Angelique, and the similarities between the two are a matter of (scented) opinion.

Thanks Luna...

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I totally slathered this one on today JUST FOR ME. 13 hours later I STILL smell divine! I LUUUUURV this! It stays on me FOREVER. SO glad I snagged a couple bottles :love:

Have you tried Dream Lover before?

It's not exactly the same, but I love Odalisque, Velvet Kisses, and Dream Lover for the same rich somewhat chocolate-y smell. Odalisque, to me, though, smells like an alcoholic chocolate drink-- very creamy, whereas the others are creamy but definitely smell the chocolate like an undiluted chocolate syrup.

It's not exactly the same, but I love Odalisque, Velvet Kisses, and Dream Lover for the same rich somewhat chocolate-y smell.

That's interesting because I wouldn't categorize the chocolate quality in those three to be the same at all; but then again I like chocolate in fragrance in general, so it could be different types and I would probably enjoy all of them.

The only other thing which would be remotely close - IMO - is Slave To Sin, but just vaguely because that is a gourmand floral rather than strictly a gourmand scent.

The strange thing is I hate White Chocolate in real life.

Cocoa butter is okay (I know that's an ingredient) but I don't like to use on my skin it for too long a period.

Odalisque does smell a bit chocolate-y to me, and looking at the ingredients for white chocolate (Cocoa butter, sugar, milk, salt and in some cases vanilla) I can smell why it's white chocolate. But it also smells a bit nutty to me, and is almost a mid-level milk chocolate. I think this is why my nose makes me think it's a chocolate liqueur like whatever it is that goes into the chocolate martini. I just looked that up and one of the common ingredients is creme de cacao which is described as:

Crème de Cacao is a sweet alcoholic liqueur (chocolate bean) flavored liqueur, often scented with a hint of vanilla. It is different from chocolate liqueur, which is usually sweeter and more syrupy. It comes in 2 varieties, dark and white. Commonly used in mocha martinis or coffee drinks. This sweet syrup may also be sued to pour over desserts and ice cream.

http://www.food.com/...834?oc=linkback

I can see how my nose smells a difference between Odalisque and, say, Dream lover or Velvet Kisses, where I think the other two (most especially Dream Lover, is more like a dark chocolate syrup.

The reason why Odalisque also appeals to my nose, along with Dream Lover and Velvet Kisses is that they are all STRONG perfume that have staying power. They're not annoying about assaulting the nose but if you pay attention you can smell it. I prefer this to some perfumes where I have to hunt (even on my clothes so I know it's not just my skin "eating it") to try to smell it even an hour after copiously spritzing it. On the other hand, something like Summer of Sin which is also chocolate smelling, is not strong but it does have staying power so I can huff my skin if I want to do that. It doesn't "reach out" to me like the other three.

Sadly, I have not smelled Angelique (I know it's crazy popular--isn't it discontinued or something? I thought I always saw it at the top of a lot of people's "wants" in the trade thread?) Yup, just checked, sold out. I'd probably like the notes for Angelique:

COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

BUTTERCREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment

but it has less to do with the cocoa butter than all the other ingredients (thank goodness I can wear honey-- I feel bad for those who can't :( )

For those curious (as am I, I'm constantly cross-searching perfumes) here's Odalisque's list:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

MUSK TONQUIN ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

aside from the Blatant Invitation in Odalisque (I'm a fan and so now buy any perfume I can with BI in it when I can, just on the basis of my strong affinity for Odalisque) they both have the same ingredients (though obviously very likely different permutations), yet Odalisque has an amber (not white amber) and musk tonquin (and not white musk.)

So I can see, even though I've never smelled it, that clearly I'm going to have to track down some angelique or do a PE of it at some point and try to nail down the parts I like best.

Additionally, Odalisque also, to me, smells like pecan pie. It's the nuttiness but also that sticky sauce. I do not have that educated of a nose compared to a lot of people, but to me this is very much a dessert/pastry, or a chocolate alcoholic drink.

And for the chocolate lovers out there, or anyone considering a chocolate PE, I found this list on Wiki while looking into cream de cacao:

There are three types of chocolate liqueur (great scrabble word, fyi): Chocolate liqueur, chocolate cream liqueur, and creme de cacao.

Chocolate liqueur

• Afrikoko (coconut and chocolate)
  • Ashanti Gold
  • Djangoa (with a hint of anise)
  • Godiva Dark Chocolate
  • Liqueur Fogg
  • Mozart Black (dark chocolate)
  • Royal Mint-Chocolate Liqueur (French)
  • Sabra liqueur (dark chocolate and Jaffa oranges)

Chocolate cream liqueur

*Cadbury Cream Liqueur[13]

Crème de cacao

Crème de cacao may be either clear or a dark caramel color, which is often labeled "dark crème de cacao." The French word "crème" refers to the creamy texture of this very sweet liqueur, but there is no actual dairy cream in it.

I'm not into chocolate and oranges but as a side note to this thread, if someone ends up doing one, please let me know because I have a bestie who freaking LOVES eating those types of desserts.

Edited by MissHazel