Hmmm, thanks Raq... I'm new to this whole pairing thing, but I want to try it now with this!

(I've paired scents with OCCOs/LAMs/etc, but not usually with other scents...)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to it too. Mostly with disasterous result, but mainly I've been going off of other's suggestions (like from the "it takes two" thread. But my BAM goes with anything! Molls, are you spice ho like me?

I like a few spicy scents... I don't know that they are the ones I gravitate to though. I've discovered that I don't really have a niche, lol... I like perfumes all over the scent spectrum!

I'm wearing S&V today, with a little LAM Spicy Brown Sugar, and I smell so good! The throw on this baby is outstanding! I just dabbed a bit on, and I feel like I'm walking in a scent cloud!!

I like a few spicy scents... I don't know that they are the ones I gravitate to though. I've discovered that I don't really have a niche, lol... I like perfumes all over the scent spectrum!

I'm wearing S&V today, with a little LAM Spicy Brown Sugar, and I smell so good! The throw on this baby is outstanding! I just dabbed a bit on, and I feel like I'm walking in a scent cloud!!

I know! I find I'm wearing it even in the warmer weather.

I'm pretty interested in trying this out. I know that there probably isn't much or any correlation between the two but I found the OCCO SLF to smell ... smokey. A nice smokey incense which I love. With the gun powder in S&V, does that smell along the same lines or is it more subtle?

I'm pretty interested in trying this out. I know that there probably isn't much or any correlation between the two but I found the OCCO SLF to smell ... smokey. A nice smokey incense which I love. With the gun powder in S&V, does that smell along the same lines or is it more subtle?

Well, Sex and Violins in anything but subtle.....it is dark and smokey, woody and incensey.....and the dominance pheros are FAB.....

Can this still be bought without the phero? I love the scent, and have a separate bottle of Dominance I could always layer with. I searched the perfumerie and didn't find any mention of it sans Dominance, and I searched on the Artfire site for good measure. I figure it's not available but I'm asking just in case!

No :( Sex and Violins is a LE and all that's left to be found is phero'd.

I just can't do this one, as I seriously amp the wood in this. It's all Violins and no Sex, story of my life, LOL!

agreed. Best word play I've seen in awhile (though there's some really good ones :) )

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone mentioned the combo of this + OCCO SLF? 'cause DAMN if I don't feel like a hot little sexpot right now.

Well, dom with cops will always "turn up the heat", no matter what the scent!

Loving this scent....in and of itself, it is TRUE artistry......with the addition of the Dom and cops, it is PERFECT. I have been rockin' it all weekend! Last night, we decided to go to a local daiquiri shop to have a drink (we already had several before we left the house), and shoot a few rounds of pool. We ordered a couple of daiquiris, and after sitting at the bar for a good 15 minutes, realized that we hadn't been charged, and they were not even hinting at the fact that we had not paid......and we are talking about large daiquiris that are $10 a pop......I even managed, while we were shooting pool, to introduce myself to the owner of the place, and leave him with a business card.

This scent blooms beautifully in the Louisiana summer heat and humidity.....my man couldn't handle it.....LOL! We left the daiquiri shop to come home and grab something to eat, and were PLANNING to return to hear the band, which was supposed to start 3 hrs later (this place is only 5 minutes from my house). But, we got home and ate, and my man couldn't control himself! He was all over me, telling me that he just wanted to PLEASE ME, and how, even after six and a half years together, he is so into me and so attracted to me. He just continually kept telling me that it was all about ME, and that he wanted to make sure that every sexual need I had was 100% fulfilled. After all of that, we were too exhausted to go back to the bar!

Love this blend!

Edited by Dolly

Holy mackerel, Dolly!! What a review!! To add to Dolphindoll's question, how much did you use? A dab? A slather? So awesome that you had such a great night! I haven't tried this out for full effect yet but holy cow I want to now.

I need a back up bottle of this, wow what an amazing night you had Dolly. Do you add anything else when you wear this?

The only thing added was cops, which was a cops-boost by Mara (I normally add my own cops, but this bottle was received in a trade)

Holy mackerel, Dolly!! What a review!! To add to Dolphindoll's question, how much did you use? A dab? A slather? So awesome that you had such a great night! I haven't tried this out for full effect yet but holy cow I want to now.

Since this one is such a strong scent, I don't slather too heavily, or it can overpower. I wore about an inch on each wrist, two inches to cleavage, one dot on each side of the neck, on pulse points.

I tried the Dolly roll today. When I first got this one awhile back, I instantly rolled it on and thought that it did sort of remind me of Pledge at first. I decided to put it away for the time being to let it sit and for me to come back to it with a different frame of mind. After reading your review this morning, I pulled this one out to see what I would think a second time around. Boy, what a difference about a month can make. I definitely get a wood vibe from it but there's a sweet and sexy base that makes it feminine. Definitely still really strong so I'm glad I did the small roll and dab... you're right, a little will do you juuuuuust fine.

I think the Dom worked its magic on ME because I felt completely sexy, confident and in a good mood. My husband kept looking at me a little skeptically - probably because I kept thinking that I could totally eat him up right then and there. I don't know what he thought but if there wasn't a kid around, I probably would have thrown him on the bed... a few times. But then again, he was actually cleaning out the yard and I sure as heck wasn't going to stop him from finally getting out there and taking care of it.

So, I guess with that said (and the night's not over yet), I definitely like the scent better and in a teeny amount. I'll have to test this out some more because if its the Dominance that makes me feel all sexy and powerful, I may just have to get myself a bottle of that stuff.

Thanks for awesome review and reminder Dolly!!!!

So glad you like Dom, Storemy! Dom, Focus Potion, and Popularity Potion are my three favorite pheros. Within minutes of applying Dom, I feel strong, confident, focused, and ready to kick tush. It does not make me irritable, bitchy, or impatient. I just love how it works for me. I tried Leather, but it didn't give me the same "kick tush take names later" rush.

And yeah, a tiny dab of S&V goes a long long way, doesn't it! It's a very intense, potent fragrance.

Edited by Just Ducky

Tiny dab, for sure Ducky!!! I was thinking I needed to get a back up bottle since its a limited edition but as little as you need, I'm thinking I might be ok with just this bottle (hoarder mind reconsidering that statement). And yes, I'm trying out Dom some more because this made me feel totally on fire today, energized and ready to kick some tush (or squeeze some as the case was today). I can think of a few days coming up at work when the confident and focused feelings will be very useful!!

However, just as a side thought, do you think that's too dominant or aggressive a phero for a job interview? I definitely like how it made me feel but I'm not sure whether that's a good one to wear when you are trying to land a new position. Any thoughts?

However, just as a side thought, do you think that's too dominant or aggressive a phero for a job interview? I definitely like how it made me feel but I'm not sure whether that's a good one to wear when you are trying to land a new position. Any thoughts?

I would think it might depend on what type of work you are applying for. A management position where you need to get results? A professional position where being in control is key? The Dom would work in your favor. On the opposite spectrum -- would the job require facilitation or team-building skills? Dealing with the public where a smile and playing nice is required? Retail sales? Then the Dom might work against you. (I say "might" because Dom actually makes me more even tempered!)

When's the interview?? Best wishes and break a leg!

Edited by Just Ducky

When's the interview?? Best wishes and break a leg!

No interview yet (I am as hopeful as they come) but I do want to be prepared because I think it will happen. It's definitely a public relations/administrative role so playing nice would be key. I definitely wouldn't want to wear something that might make me overly aggressive in their eyes but I'd definitely want to play up the fact that I will get the job done and do it with a smile. ;) I was thinking maybe Cougar since it makes everyone comfortable and happy around me but again, not sure if that might also go in the wrong direction! LOL

No interview yet (I am as hopeful as they come) but I do want to be prepared because I think it will happen. It's definitely a public relations/administrative role so playing nice would be key. I definitely wouldn't want to wear something that might make me overly aggressive in their eyes but I'd definitely want to play up the fact that I will get the job done and do it with a smile. ;) I was thinking maybe Cougar since it makes everyone comfortable and happy around me but again, not sure if that might also go in the wrong direction! LOL

Try something with Swimming with Sharks. Great for that type of vibe......personable but in control.

Thanks Dolly!!! I'm leaning towards getting Lap of Luxury and I know it has SWS in it. Personable but in control is exactly what this position would call for and the scent sounds like it would be very light and professional as well.

As for the remainder of my day with Sex & Violins, all I will say is my, oh my. Quite fun. This one is definitely a keeper and entirely for the effects it gave me. That was a feeling I could use more often. LOL

I need to try this out solo. I overlaid sex and violins with a couple of sprays of strange attractors (because toppers supposed to go with everything right?)

I think it did a good job with the intended audience but something with old lady flower perfume. I hope it's just a wonky S&V/SA interaction rather than something in the S&V

however, I do like it better than Tabby. are the only options for Dom phero Tabby, Sex&V, and the un?

I need to try this out solo. I overlaid sex and violins with a couple of sprays of strange attractors (because toppers supposed to go with everything right?)

I think it did a good job with the intended audience but something with old lady flower perfume. I hope it's just a wonky S&V/SA interaction rather than something in the S&V

however, I do like it better than Tabby. are the only options for Dom phero Tabby, Sex&V, and the un?

Or you could have Mara put a Dominance boost in a fragrance for you.....

• 4 weeks later...

'Kayso, I got my Sex and Violins sample today. I'm already a total Dom fan, it being my Magickal Get Work Done potion. So here it is in a new scent, and

:burning-heart:I WUBS IT TO PIECES!!! :burning-heart:

I need a full bottle of this one. It's all black ambery and woodsy and incensey on me and it's GORGEOUS! Am going to try it with a swipe of EOW to see if I'll want my bottle boosted.

So yeah. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!! :w00t:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

'Kayso, I got my Sex and Violins sample today. I'm already a total Dom fan, it being my Magickal Get Work Done potion. So here it is in a new scent, and

:burning-heart:I WUBS IT TO PIECES!!! :burning-heart:

I need a full bottle of this one. It's all black ambery and woodsy and incensey on me and it's GORGEOUS! Am going to try it with a swipe of EOW to see if I'll want my bottle boosted.

So yeah. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!! :w00t:

Mara was right when she said that this scent WANTS cops.....it is even better with the EoW tang.....

Mara was right when she said that this scent WANTS cops.....it is even better with the EoW tang.....

Gods, Dolly! I dabbed some EoW and then reapplied S&V over it and WOW! The scent deepened a little and got rounder. It's beautiful! And I wubs it BOTH ways!!! :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new S and V story:

I was in America's Dairly land visiting the relatives and I have a cousin my age who's wife is so cunty it's unbeleiveable. Now there are bitches and then there are cunts and this one is the latter of the two. Always has been. Big fish in and extremely small town pond yadda yadda. Doesn't want the candy but doesn't want anyone else to have it either type. Usually she just ignores me and works the room with her boorish behaviour but I brought along some Sex and Violins.

Just my vibe alone intimidated her. LOL. I won't go into what was said, but it had to do with me making a very dry (and public) remark about her plasitc surgery as I then left her in a cloud of Dominance...

Love my S and V!!!!

Well as an incense-hater, the dark musk in this makes me want to die, but the Dom phero kept me going in my workout - even made me go at all - always a plus.

I use this one to workout in all the time, it really keeps me going and with this baby just a little dab will do you....LOL

Got a new S and V story:

I was in America's Dairly land visiting the relatives and I have a cousin my age who's wife is so cunty it's unbeleiveable. Now there are bitches and then there are cunts and this one is the latter of the two. Always has been. Big fish in and extremely small town pond yadda yadda. Doesn't want the candy but doesn't want anyone else to have it either type. Usually she just ignores me and works the room with her boorish behaviour but I brought along some Sex and Violins.

Just my vibe alone intimidated her. LOL. I won't go into what was said, but it had to do with me making a very dry (and public) remark about her plasitc surgery as I then left her in a cloud of Dominance...

Love my S and V!!!!

Love it! LOLOLOLOL

Got a new S and V story:

Love my S and V!!!!

Raq I need to use mine more in these situations.

I'm often on the verge of ordering this, then changing my mind. I really do wish I had grabbed a trial a while back, now that sale time is here. I'd love a Dom enhanced scent.

Scent wise, to those of you that use it, how do you find it and are there any LP you can compare it too?

Maybe like on a scale of LP Black to Under Your Spell or some other current scent?

Edited by StacyK

I'm often on the verge of ordering this, then changing my mind. I really do wish I had grabbed a trial a while back, now that sale time is here. I'd love a Dom enhanced scent.

Scent wise, to those of you that use it, how do you find it and are there any LP you can compare it too?

Maybe like on a scale of LP Black to Under Your Spell or some other current scent?

I always say that Under Your Spell is a little sister of S&V.

Well, while LP Black is dark (and one of my faves), it is a totally different realm. It is sweet and sticky and dark.

Under Your Spell is closer to S & V, but on me, S & V is more woody and "in your face" resins and musk. Under Your Spell comes off with a tad of sweetness in the background on my skin....S & V has honey, but I don't read it as sweet....to me, it just adds more to the musky nature.