• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to reiterate now that I've smelled it: those of you who are frightened by the seaweed, don't be!! It's barely noticeable to me. It's more like the essence of ocean. The coconut is very mild to my nose. It's a sweet, almost fruity scent! I'm having no issues with the honey thus far, so good news for those of you who don't always get along with it. The sandalwood is just starting to come out. I will have to test this for longer to see how the long dry down is and how the honey behaves, but I like it! A great summery scent!

Haven't worn this one yet but was pleasantly surprised at how well I like it in the container. This may be a full bottle! I'll have to see how it wears on me first...

I got my package yesterday and HAD to at least give each one in my sampler a whiff. THIS one was a stand out. Go figure. From the description I was almost sure it wouldn't be my cup of tea. In the bottle is smells just like the beach! And sort of a green scent. Not green like a springtime green, which is fresh cut grass green, but more of a plant green. Quit subtle but lush. And then I got a hint of something summery (the coconut?) not sure. or maybe the vanilla. This one is very complex but all the scents play nice and compliment each other nicely. And I get the seaweed part: Not the grimy, briny kelp that litters the beaches where I live but a scent that smells like beach-only ALIVE. That's the best I can describe, I will try this in the next few days and report back

Edited by Raq On

I'm not really sure exactly what I'm smelling in this, but I really, really, really like it! LOL! It smells almost like candied flowers, but there's a slight "bite" to it that I'm really enjoying. I've always had a thing for sweet, spicy foods, and apparently that translates at least partially to my taste in perfume, too. This is what I'd hoped Mermaids would smell like on me. Unfortunately M smelled lovely in the vial, but gave me a whopper of a headache once it was on. :( But Soaked is just gorgeous, and now I'm lamenting the fact that I didn't just get a full bottle the first time around. It'll be in my next order for sure. I don't want to miss out!

This one got tested last because . . . really, seaweed?? But everyone's right -- it's great!! It starts off sweetish, but quickly settles down into a very clean, inviting scent. It may not be a FB for me, but I'll probably use at least a couple samples up. A nice, straight-forward fragrance.

OK! OK! You guys are killing me so that I have to at least put it on so I can decide full bottle or not! It smelled so good in the vial and still wet it smells candy sweet but I think it's the Ylang Ylang, maybe it's because I love that flower, and the honey too. I am unfamiliar with Tiare but the flowers seem prominent first. I've just applied so we'll see what happens in the next hour...This is SO going to be full bottle, unless something goes horribly wonky, which I cannot foresee... :love:

This is my favorite of all the new releases. I like some of the other ones, but this sweet, floral beachy smell is what I want to sniff when the long, gray, rainy season that is winter/spring in Western WA threatens to stay forever. Like Eggers said, I also get candied flowers and then there is a base of vanilla-coconutty yumminess that holds it all together. Beautiful and not too "blue" for me at all. Some aquatic ones can get me a little queasy, but this one is a gem.

I am loving the cactus honey note in this and I believe it is also in Sneaky Clean. I kind of want to see what it smells like on its own in order to fully be able to identify it. I also don't think I've ever smelled Ylang Ylang on its own, but if it is the sweet floral with a bit of tang to it that I'm picking up, then count me as a fan!

There's cactus honey in this? Jeez... I wonder if I even looked at the notes?

I'd kind of like to know what it smells like, too. I think it's supposed to be lighter/cleaner than some of the honeys Mara uses. Is that right? Or did I just make that up in my head??? :huh:

Greenergal, you can probably find Ylang Ylang essential oil at a health food store. It smells very pretty on its own. A sweet floral. (And an aphrodisiac ;) ). I used to use it often when I made my own scents, but these days I use it, (with different essential oils), in a burner, to scent my house. I like Ylang Ylang in the bedroom.

I'd kind of like to know what it smells like, too. I think it's supposed to be lighter/cleaner than some of the honeys Mara uses. Is that right? Or did I just make that up in my head??? :huh:

Yes it's a "brighter" type of honey. I believe it's also in Cheap Girls.

Thanks for the tip Eggers! I'm going to stop by one in the next couple of days to do some sniffing.

No problem! Happy sniffing! ;)

Yes it's a "brighter" type of honey. I believe it's also in Cheap Girls.

I like all the different honeys, but I think I must have a soft spot for the cactus flower type. (In my cupboard at home there are currently about 10 different types of honey. At least. No. I'm not joking. Just call me "Eggers-the-Pooh". It's my favourite food!). Is cactus flower honey edible, too? Or is it mainly used as a perfume note? I've gotta read up!

This stayed floral on me the whole time. I usually pick more foodie or resiny type scents. This one s really lovely but I think for me just too floral. I'm going to change my mind on getting a full bottle and stick with my foodies...so there's an extra bottle for someone else now :)

I'm not really sure exactly what I'm smelling in this, but I really, really, really like it! LOL! It smells almost like candied flowers, but there's a slight "bite" to it that I'm really enjoying. I've always had a thing for sweet, spicy foods, and apparently that translates at least partially to my taste in perfume, too. This is what I'd hoped Mermaids would smell like on me. Unfortunately M smelled lovely in the vial, but gave me a whopper of a headache once it was on. :( But Soaked is just gorgeous, and now I'm lamenting the fact that I didn't just get a full bottle the first time around. It'll be in my next order for sure. I don't want to miss out!

I guess I'll need a sample in my next order now because much to my chagrin (being a mermaid lover) M of Atlantis didn't work for me either. I was so sad. I think it may have been the plumeria because the Beach Bunny one didn't either and they share this note. I really want a mermaid scent in my collection!! I hope this works.

MDC, it's funny you should mention the plumeria. The Beach Bunny and the Surfer Dude didn't work on me either & my assumption was that plumeria was the culprit... Then I found that I ADORED LP Humidity, and that has plumeria, too. :huh: Maybe in a smaller amount?

Soaked is definitely worth getting a sample. It smells amazing. And fun. :)

I wore this to work out in this morning...This is light, and gives off the feeling of a day at the beach, truly the essence of the ocean. It's a very soft and feminine scent... This is the first honey infused scent from LP that I have been able to wear with my skin chemistry and not have it go all wonky on me...

I really like this one on my skin...

I wrote this review of Soaked on another forum. I didn't get beachy or coconutty :mellow: It's so beautiful though and I know LOTS of ladies who would...lol...and have , gone gaga over it :^^:

This one out of the vial I thought "Full Bottle" totally! I wanted to love it and I do like it A LOT. It's very light and very floral on me. I picked out the Ylang Ylang first I think because I love it some much then the honey and sugars....it was like putting on candied flowers! I was in instantly love! But love can be a fickle thing. It went on strong and settled down after 1/2-1 hour to a light beautiful floral, clean steady scent and pretty well stayed that way on me the entire time. I loved this one, truly, but I can not wear it. After a few hours I wanted to get away from myself, lol. I'm a foodie, spicy, amber, with some florals mixed in kinda girl, not a full on floral, so this one wasn't a good match for me but I can completely see other ladies going bananas over this one!

Just curious..has this happened to anyone else? Where you put on something and instantly LOVED it but after a couple few hours it's like too much of a good thing? Is this what some of you describe as something "amping" on you? Because it didn't become overwhelming or stronger. Maybe I'm just too much of a foodie? I still stand behind this smelling REALLY nice even if it isn't 100% for me :blush:

COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.

SEA WEED ~ Protection, money, psychic powers, sea spells.

TIARE ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.

YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibility, soothes marital problems.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

TROPICAL VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal

I so loved this in the bottle and for about 20 minutes on my skin. I just cannot do florals. (is sneaky clean considered a floral? Cause that's the only one) I thought the sandalwood and coconut would come out, but no, I just amped the water, sugar and honeysuckle right away, after 2 hours I had to shower it off b/c I smelled like stale perfume. Florals always go stale on me. I thought the green might have come through to ward off the florals but no. So sad, this is such a pretty scent!

Just curious..has this happened to anyone else? Where you put on something and instantly LOVED it but after a couple few hours it's like too much of a good thing? Is this what some of you describe as something "amping" on you? Because it didn't become overwhelming or stronger.

I'd say amping is like what you note: overwhelming. A note or notes drowning out all the others. What you're describing, I think, is just that you might like a certain blend on first sniff but your tolerance for its presence/potency is minute. When that happens to me then I realize that I can only wear a small amount of that particular scent.

@ Luna Thank you! Rather like wearing a hint of it instead of my usual slathering :lol:

At first I was apprehensive about this due to the use of water accord, but it's surprisingly softer on me than I expected, more tropical and coconutty. Hopefully I won't feel like doing anything anti-social with this phero blend this time around. I'd probably buy this unscented should I ever get around to purchasing this one, though.

Update:

Phero-wise, it seems it might have been a good thing that I took a break from sampling it for awhile, the effects are milder, I don't feel as spacey, I do feel sexy and in a good mood. This is now better for me than Open Windows. I'll try it a few more times however just to be sure.

Edited by Queen of Swords

When I sampled this, there was something that smelled very familiar to me, but I cannot place it. It made me smile, I thought the tiare and honey were going to blast me to space, but it didn't there was something soft and velvety about this. I will have to retest to see if I can place the scent memory.

I was a bit leery of the floral blend in this one, but I really like this! This is what I think I wanted MoA to be on me, but that one was too intensively tropical floral and this one is blended just right with the other elements. I enjoy the sort of honeysuckle-meets-suntan oil evocation, so this is a obvious summer love for me!

Count me with those who feared the seaweed & need not have. It's not identifiable- if you didn't know you'd NEVER perceive it- it just gives a very faint, distant, refreshing tang. It "feels" like Nakai Nectar and Dolly's H&Sticky. Sheer, candy floral. VERY "wedding on the beach"-y.

Phero: while wet & all up in my face, it made me feel trippy and I kept dropping things and felt spacey and unfocused, lol. But I'm a lifelong overly tightly wound paranoid anxiety-ball, so clearly I *need* this DHEA effect in my life more.

Edited by tyvey

When I was younger my family and friends of the family would rent out a beach cottage for a yearly summer BQQ. Soaked reminds me of these carefree times, when Summer was the ultimate time of the year. My family would be one of the first arrive and set up the empty beach bungalow. I loved how when I first would walk in how the woody drawers, doors, and cupboards, walls had a hint of a salty mugginess to it. After unloading the car, I would usually help prepare all of the juicy watermelons, mangos, grapes, and pineapple everyone brought by slicing them and putting them in the fridge for when we would start eating. After my chores where done, I'd slather on my suntan oil to catch some rays and waves before coming back in to feast on some insanely good food. Soaked is refreshingly tropical, but still has some of that heavy sweltering tropical heat mixed in. I feel like the seaweed and the sandalwood gave me the impression of the walking into the beach cottage. The seaweed is hardly detectable, but I t feel like it does give soaked a slightly salted nature and mugginess. The florals come off as sweet and fruity to me, probably because of the honey. Lastly, the coconut brings it all together to form an awesome scent memory. Love this.

When I was younger my family and friends of the family would rent out a beach cottage for a yearly summer BQQ. Soaked reminds me of these carefree times, when Summer was the ultimate time of the year. My family would be one of the first arrive and set up the empty beach bungalow. I loved how when I first would walk in how the woody drawers, doors, and cupboards, walls had a hint of a salty mugginess to it. After unloading the car, I would usually help prepare all of the juicy watermelons, mangos, grapes, and pineapple everyone brought by slicing them and putting them in the fridge for when we would start eating. After my chores where done, I'd slather on my suntan oil to catch some rays and waves before coming back in to feast on some insanely good food. Soaked is refreshingly tropical, but still has some of that heavy sweltering tropical heat mixed in. I feel like the seaweed and the sandalwood gave me the impression of the walking into the beach cottage. The seaweed is hardly detectable, but I t feel like it does give soaked a slightly salted nature and mugginess. The florals come off as sweet and fruity to me, probably because of the honey. Lastly, the coconut brings it all together to form an awesome scent memory. Love this.

Holy Moly! I loved that description so much!!! THIS BETTER WORK ON ME!!!! I want to wear this memory!!!

Ooh, when first applied this was almost too overpowering for me, like too much lush tropical fruits and coconut just hit me in the face. After about 15-20 mins though it settles down into a smooth sweet tropical scent. It's very nice. As for the phero effect... I'm not entirely sure. I'm feeling a bit less frazzled/tired?

Audacious gives me the sass factor for self effects. I thought you might like this sent...hope the phero's a fun one too :heart708:

Audacious gives me the sass factor for self effects. I thought you might like this sent...hope the phero's a fun one too :heart708:

LOL! I need to do more testing with Audacious! The scent - when I first applied it I thought it's SO not for me because it was way too much... only to go "hey! not bad!" about a half hour later when it had time to settle in.

:cat690: Yeah maiea!

There are actually quite a few that go one at first kind of "meh" for me but that I know with in 30-45 minutes they will settle down to WOW-YUM and then STAY that way for HOURS!!! Sugared Honeycomb is one of them. It goes on strong like powdery (not bad) on me but mellows to this DELISH sugary honey YUM!

I wore this to my facial today and the guy doing it kept saying wow I love what you have on and instead of up-selling me which this place always seems to do he kept giving me extras for free, like our peel normally is a $10 upgrade but hey its so close to Christmas its on me, and then when I told him I just wanted to veg a bit after the facial he offered to give me free hand massages... Dang I love the power of the phero in this one