AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

OAK MOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.

JUNIPER ~ Emotionally calming, physically energizing. Attracts lovers, deflects thieves. Cleansing, purifying, love charms, exorcism, health.

MIMOSA ~ Secret love, sensibility, demureness, humility, healing.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.

LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.

AD-Shade-LovePotion.jpg

• 1 month later...

I really like this one. It is a very smooth, sophisticated spicy scent. This one is going to move up into the favorites rank. The only problem is that my skin really drinks this one up. Plus the phero blend is a proven winner ...

I really like this one. It is a very smooth, sophisticated spicy scent. This one is going to move up into the favorites rank. The only problem is that my skin really drinks this one up. Plus the phero blend is a proven winner ...

Try putting some lotion on when you get out of the shower. If you don't moisturize, dry skin can be a major factor.

The internet ate my post last night: so I'll simply say this is a really sophisticated floral which is just this side of unisex but more male in character.

Try putting some lotion on when you get out of the shower. If you don't moisturize, dry skin can be a major factor.

... it sits gently on the skin, yes so I think a moisturized base is going to be a good idea for this one. Something unusual about it.

Thank you for the advice.

The internet ate my post last night: so I'll simply say this is a really sophisticated floral which is just this side of unisex but more male in character.

Very interesting. I did not pick up floral but it is light and very smooth.

Oh really? The mimosa (with just a tinge of lavender) is front-and-center on me, framed by the darker notes, and the accents of lemon and pepper are very subtle.

Oh really? The mimosa (with just a tinge of lavender) is front-and-center on me, framed by the darker notes, and the accents of lemon and pepper are very subtle.

Luna, as usual I unfortunately cannot tell what the individual notes are. It could be that what I am smelling is the mimosa but I would not know it. I guess what I am saying is that it does not come across as floral to me as opposed to Boddice Ripper which was overtly floral, but a deep dark floral that was masculine.

So any guys who want a very nice but lighter masculine scent but are afraid of the word "floral", this cologne does not come across to me as floral even if two of the main individual scents (mimosa & lavender) are. It does come across as one of the smoother male scents I have tried here.

Do you think a woman could wear this scent? Is it too masculine? I’m looking for a musky floral, any suggestions, thanks

If you can wear deeper musky female scents I bet you can wear this one.

I agree; it has a really smooth sophisticated aura.

Haha - I initially wrote sophisticated too but erased it as I did not want to imply Mara or John's other male scents were not!

• 4 months later...

I love this one on me, and likely on my boyfriend if I could ever get him to wear them.

This smells like really great masculine soap. It's the perfect cologne for when you're going to bed and your boyfriend isn't there with you.

I always feel extra feminine when I'm wearing cologne. I get more soap that wood (or resin) but I think the reason why I like this MORE than some of the soapy scents would have to be that those are adding something that my untutored nose appreciates but cannot pick out.

*huff!huff!huff!huff!x1000*

• 4 weeks later...

Updating: boyfriend rarely wears colognes and doesn't seem keen on the oil base so I need to mix sprays.

Applied this to myself today and got that clean almost-but-not-quite aesexual (or what's the word when a scent is gender neutral?) smell that reminds me of some of the most popular colognes of the nineties. This is very clean still and smells really good. I would definitely recommend for anyone who's looking for a good bridge between commercial and artisan as this would be a great intro to guys who aren't that adventurous in their cologne choices. This one is very delicious!

I put the rest in my wax melter pot and my house now smells like it. Yummy.

• 1 year later...

New batch of LP stuff came in today.

Today was like one those moments in merchandise life where the stars and planets align on the first try. Where fantasy matched reality. As if a first -chance meeting with a kindred spirit, Shade clicked with me.

"This is how a man should smell like" , if this is what comes to your head on the first try, you've struck liquid gold.

Sophisticated, Sharp, Refined, Gentleman-like, Office-friendly, Anywhere-friendly.

Three things: The ingredients used to make this an appealing masculine scent, the fact that this is limited edition, and not a much more popular scent, is a holy trinity of mind blowing mystery.

Whole point of this story: If you can find Shade, GET IT!

Edited by ListenToMinh