MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

THYME ~ Protection from negativity, rejuvenating. Health, healing, sleep, psychic power enhancement, love, purification, courage.

GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.

BASIL ~ Creates empathy between couples; love, fidelity. Invigorates, protection. Mends quarrels.

ROSEMARY ~ Intellectual stimulation, purification, love, sensuality, wards against dark forces, invigorating.

IVY ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.

WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.

AD-Touchdown-LovePotion_.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This one comes across as a little sweet on my skin. I am not really sure which note it is that come out so strong.

However, I have no complaints as the grasses did their job and granted me my wish in conjunction with the musk, basil and ivy notes. I scored two days in a row! :Emoticons0424:

This one comes across as a little sweet on my skin. I am not really sure which note it is that come out so strong.

However, I have no complaints as the grasses did their job and granted me my wish in conjunction with the musk, basil and ivy notes. I scored two days in a row! :Emoticons0424:

That's awesome QG!!

I really need to get my hubby a few of these sports themed perfumes ;)

• 5 weeks later...

After smelling all of the Pheromas boysmells I figured this would be the one Quince would like the most, and it was.

Despite my aversion to that silly game it's named after, this is proper man scent and thus receives my approval.

(That man, I swear! :rolleyes:)

I think this is the one M said was modeled after Polo or some scent like that, it definitely smells very classic green men's scent kinda thing. I was thinking maybe it reminded me of Phero Boy, but then I thought no, probably more like Pendragon or Lionheart. But given what sticklers for tradition you XYs tend to be, I'd say that you need this and LP #9 and you've got your Traditional Fragrance needs taken care of.

Nah, this one is totally different from Polo which is a very fern/ivy heavy scent with a chypre/sandalwood bottom...(at least that's how I interpret it)... Excalibur would be the one for people looking for something closer to Polo. Touchdown does indeed have some of the fresh watery grassy-ness of our original Phero Boy, and also some of the listed ingredients of a popular current men's scent, but I think it was Aqua di Gio. Glad to hear Quince likes it!

Ah okay; that's the one then, I couldn't quite remember. Yeah you know Q likes the real "guy" stuff (despite me trying to steer his tastes into other realms, lol).

I made a spray of this for my sweetie and he seems to love it. I like it too. It borders but just stays shy of headachey for me. It seems to have a sudden rampant effect on both of us ;)it's masculine and cologney with something extra. I'm gonna get him to describe it and report back again. It's a hit anyway. Plus he's really surprising me with not only his acceptance of my scent obsession but also actual interest and increasing ability to describe and distinguish notes.

• 4 months later...

Couldn't find a discussion thread for MVP UN so please move if there is one.

Bought the MVP UN sample spray for a friend and he's finally getting to test it out. He's worn it two days over the last three days.

He said he put it on and then a few minutes later on was in the car driving to work and just could not stop smiling. Didn't see any hits from other people but he was just in a really good mood and had an awesome day (though supposedly it was going to be awesome with or without MVP so maybe the awesome day was a hit and maybe it wasn't.)

Wearing it today and same thing-- very smiley and upbeat. Only strange thing is that he finds his mouth is very watery/drooly and he's very thirsty. It's not going to keep him from using it but thought I should mention that :) He's a happy Labrador of a man, I guess :D

• 2 months later...

Well Touchdown is a big hit in our house! Mara thoughtfully sent some sniffies for BF to try, and this was among them. I can't get much out of him except that he *really* likes it, and would like a bottle, please! :lol: Men.

It's saying something, that he's asked for a bottle. He only does that with the ones he really, really loves.

I really like it too. It smells clean, like, *manly* clean, like he's just stepped out of the shower. And in the place where I've slathered it on BF's leg, it smells or feels almost a little airy and maybe even a little watery. I haven't looked at the notes yet, so I've no idea what's in it, but whatever it is, really works on BF.

Thanks again, Mara! :D We'll be back for a full bottle! ;)

I was thinking maybe it reminded me of Phero Boy, but then I thought no, probably more like Pendragon or Lionheart. But given what sticklers for tradition you XYs tend to be, I'd say that you need this and LP #9 and you've got your Traditional Fragrance needs taken care of.

Now that I have tried both Lionheart and LP #9 I see what you are saying with both. Despite my comment above about one of the notes smelling a little sweet on my skin it does have a very traditional masculine scent to it (which I like - what can I say Luna - I am part of that XY crowd lol) just like Lionheart and LP #9.

Plus MVP is a solid pheromone mix. This one continues to be a winner with the Mrs. who is pretty particular about the scents I wear.

If you want another traditional masculine scent but want to go in a different direction than this and Lionheart (more green/fern/grass) or LP#9 (citrus/musk) then check out Ambsucade. It goes more in the patchouli/musk/sandalwood/sage direction and it has the added benefit of the Hunter Trapper pheromone mix.