Pheromones and Age Discernment

I'm curious to know how many of you have had people judging you to be much, much younger than you are since you started using pheromones?

I'm almost 40, and I know I look young for my age, and even before I started using pheros last year, people have always mistaken me for being much younger. I've always been carded, (almost always when I *don't* have my ID on me <_< ), so I'm used to that.

But since I started using pheros, people have been seriously misjudging my age. I've been carded far more

often, too. FAR more often. And by people who have been selling booze to me for about 15 years! WTH???

At work, my customers often comment that I'm too young to be familiar with something, (often it's something that would be more familiar to people my junior than to me), or other, similar comments about my apparent youth.

It's been happening pretty regularly in the last five or six months. And it's not like I've lost weight or discovered some miracle wrinkle cream, or wearing ass-crack revealing pants or anything like that.

I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and decided today to finally ask, having been prompted by a conversation I had with one of my semi-regular customers this afternoon, (whom, by the way, I've been serving roughly once a month for the past 5 years): I approached the table, and the woman said, (laughing), "And you! You're probably not even 22 yet, are you?" So I said, "Well... Yeah, I am." Which made her roll her eyes. So I said, "Trust me; I'm older than I look." She laughed again and said, "Whatever. I have furniture older than you." The weirdest thing is that this woman is only about 10 years older than me.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of "fountain of youth" effect since pheromones became part of their everyday lives?

Actually, Eggers, yeah, I have. I've always looked younger than my age, but for awhile there after the surgery it was catching up with me. Now suddenly I am a young whippersnapper/respected figure all mixed into one package. And percieved as beautiful and sexy and hot, to boot. I'm not sure how that all works, but dang, it is.

ETA: I've had a few people in private at cons correctly guess my real age, but they are doing it based on estimating from my EXPERIENCE, not my looks or behavior.

Edited by AlienChangeling

Yeah nothing so dramatic for me either. The closest I've come to that, I suppose, is Cougar, in that I get the kinds of reactions which would demonstrate "interest in a young woman" sort of thing. Otherwise just an overall friendliness/openness/regard in relation to whatever I might be wearing. But then again I am not the type of person who is apt to get that kind of reaction even with pheromones.

I'll swap you some of my pheromones for some of your genetic material. Maybe I can find a way to inject it or something. :lol:

:P:lol: I wish it were my genetic material! If it were, I'd share, I promise. As long as I don't have to watch anyone getting a needle. Ick.

Actually, Eggers, yeah, I have. I've always looked younger than my age, but for awhile there after the surgery it was catching up with me. Now suddenly I am a young whippersnapper/respected figure all mixed into one package. And percieved as beautiful and sexy and hot, to boot. I'm not sure how that all works, but dang, it is.

ETA: I've had a few people in private at cons correctly guess my real age, but they are doing it based on estimating from my EXPERIENCE, not my looks or behavior.

So I might not be nuts? 'Cause that's kind of it, right there. A year ago people kept reminding that I was getting older, and customers of mine were making effing menopause jokes to me, (in response to my fanning myself with my little folder because the restaurant is screaming hot and I'm running around like a fool with super-hot plates on my arms for 5 hours at a stretch. I'm hot, dammit!). But "whippersnapper" is right! OMG! This year I had people asking me what I was planning to take in school in the fall! I asked one guy, "Do you mean in college?" and he responded, "Oh! So you're off to college this year, are you? Good for you! So are you going to live with your parents, or strike out on your own" :huh: Seriously, dude, I. Am. Not. In. High. School. WTF?

Yeah. In my own mind.

:lol: Well, actually, before I thought about asking the question here, I'd wondered if it's my juvenile behaviour that suddenly has people thinking I'm stinkin' pre-pubescent! :lol: You know, or maybe my pigtails? :lol:

Hmm. I can't tell since people can't ever guess my age but I have a shocking number of extremely young men (like 21-22) try to put the moves on me. And that can't be all related to the cougar factor (not the Cougar phero, the "O hai, horny 40-something" factor).

Oh this happens to me a lot. Just this weekend my friends friend asked my age.. I told him I'm 28. He laughed like I told a funny joke. He said yeah right, you're probably like 17 or 18.

I'm like no really!!! I'm 28!

He did NOT believe me. Too funny!

I also get the "oh you're too young to remember this song" or " oh no school today?"

Lol! I heart pheros! Heehee

Young people always seriously under-guess my age by about 10 years or so. I do not think the pheromones are the primary factor but I think they do reinforce the image projected by my size and level of physical activity. And all this despite being follicularly challenged.

Hmm. I can't tell since people can't ever guess my age but I have a shocking number of extremely young men (like 21-22) try to put the moves on me. And that can't be all related to the cougar factor (not the Cougar phero, the "O hai, horny 40-something" factor).

No. It's probably related to being an 'timeless' classic beauty! ;)

Oh this happens to me a lot. Just this weekend my friends friend asked my age.. I told him I'm 28. He laughed like I told a funny joke. He said yeah right, you're probably like 17 or 18.

I'm like no really!!! I'm 28!

He did NOT believe me. Too funny!

I also get the "oh you're too young to remember this song" or " oh no school today?"

Lol! I heart pheros! Heehee

Yes, yes, and yes! I used to get this a fair bit anyway, but in the past few months, the frequency has escalated. That's why I wondered if it might be due to my spending the majority of my time caked in "Phero Dust"! :lol:

I got carded at the Liquor Store twice in the past couple of months, by people who've been selling me booze for the past 17 years. The one time I didn't have my ID, so they sent me away empty-handed! And the next time I *did* have it, and the checkout woman screeched, "YOU'RE ALMOST FORTY?". And then *exactly* the same thing happened when I was buying, (please don't throw things), cigarettes a few weeks ago. This lady has been selling them to me for 5 years without a second look, then carded me, and nearly swallowed her own head when she saw my birth date.

I get this response when I use Cougar.... I don't think I look my age but I have lived my the thought that age is a number and I choose to live my life to the fullest...

I like this philosophy, too.

Young people always seriously under-guess my age by about 10 years or so. I do not think the pheromones are the primary factor but I think they do reinforce the image projected by my size and level of physical activity. And all this despite being follicularly challenged.

You probably don't look your age. Men generally age better than women, (IMO), and I'm convinced it's due to all the shaving - daily exfoliation. Plus, there are plenty of young, vigorous-looking "follicularly challenged" men out there. ;)

Edited for terminology fail.

Edited by Eggers

And all this despite being follicularly challenged.

Well a guy can go bald in his 20s, after all. I knew someone who did at 23, poor guy. And Q's hair started to go (in that it was obvious he was balding) even before he turned 40.

Hmm, I take classes with 17-23 yr.olds, I get guessed in the early twenties a lot. Must be the pheromones & here I was thinking that my MSM soap was the fountain of youth, lol.

Considering the fact that I'm turning 35 in a couple of weeks and that ONLY boys 20-23 have ever asked me out........ (and only had 16-23 ever hit on me). *sigh* It's not always desirable, trust me. Mostly because boys that age are not yet grown up despite what they may think. Usually I get guessed for mid-20's.

Considering the fact that I'm turning 35 in a couple of weeks and that ONLY boys 20-23 have ever asked me out........ (and only had 16-23 ever hit on me). *sigh* It's not always desirable, trust me. Mostly because boys that age are not yet grown up despite what they may think. Usually I get guessed for mid-20's.

Hey, it doesn't count if you're Asian....(that's you in your avatars, right?) y'all don't age! All of my Asian friends skin has the looked the same from like 16-50, it's not fair!!! Lol.

I know what you mean, I'm not looking for a Boy, I'm looking for a Man

Men can be boys. Correction: men usually are boys with occassionally glimpses of maturity.

Ouch!!

Men can be boys. Correction: men usually are boys with occassionally glimpses of maturity.

Then I guess, I’m looking for a MAN that has gotten all of the “Boy” out of him… I’m so tired of coddling these Boys. Most of the guys want you to nurture them and constantly text and banter with them back and forth, but hey boys this is a two way street and if you want me loving on you all the time, you need to do the same for me, throw me a bone at some point….ugh I am having a bad “Boy” / “Man” day today.

Then I guess, I’m looking for a MAN that has gotten all of the “Boy” out of him… I’m so tired of coddling these Boys. ….ugh I am having a bad “Boy” / “Man” day today.

We all have some "Boy" in us - but I keep reading that today's lot is growing up especially slow. I spend time here but even without wife and kids I could not imagine sitting around all day playing online video games. You would not believe what I was doing professionally at age 25 (not that I am anywhere near there now lol!) I am not sure what age group you are looking at though.

Well there are always exceptions to the rule. (Platonic smooch cuz you're married.)

Well no guarantee I am one of the exceptions hahaha. But thanks for the virtual smooch - much appreciated.

I would agree that men are maturing more slowly. Actually, I think the current generation is, in general. I suspect we've focused so much on giving our kids everything we didn't have that they don't have the same drive to achieve that we did. (But that's another thread.)

Hmm I have not noticed this at all. But I do have a few thoughts. One, do you wear cops a lot? Those seriously signal youth and fertility. There are some pheros that we produce less of (or is it all pheros) as we age so i think you totally could be on to something. Two, could it also be possible that the self effects are causing this? As in you feel bouncier, happier, sassier or whatever. I am in the camp that thinks that self effects are as big a part of the phero effect as the phero signature. At least for me. The better I am feeling, the more the world responds. The more I put out (no jokes LadyV) the more I get back.

I knew a boy in high school who was balding at25! I'm also going to go the other way and say boys can be men. Some males will never mature whatever their age. I've always been guessed as younger than i am since about 22. I'm not sure pheros have played a part in that for me. I did have a mother at school who i am sure I've told my age before, she's 40, say to me, oh you're only about twenty something but i think she was just being nice, but maybe pheromones made her be nice!

I am in the camp that thinks that self effects are as big a part of the phero effect as the phero signature. At least for me. The better I am feeling, the more the world responds. The more I put out (no jokes LadyV) the more I get back.

:yeahthat: !!! ...I have seen myself appear younger/healthy looking in passing a mirror or window,not intentionally,and mostly with Cougar...but smiling makes you look younger anyway :D

Hey, it doesn't count if you're Asian....(that's you in your avatars, right?) y'all don't age! All of my Asian friends skin has the looked the same from like 16-50, it's not fair!!! Lol.

Lol! You can tell I'm Asian from the tiny avatar pics??? Really? yes I am, but with Asians you don't look for wrinkles, you look for face sagging - that's how you generally tell age (jawline isn't sharp, or some indications of a jowl forming).

And yeah. There's this 23yr old at work whom I'm friends with and he's quite mature, but every so often he still says/does something that makes me facepalm and think "he's a little boy" lol!

Hmm I have not noticed this at all. But I do have a few thoughts. One, do you wear cops a lot? Those seriously signal youth and fertility. There are some pheros that we produce less of (or is it all pheros) as we age so i think you totally could be on to something. Two, could it also be possible that the self effects are causing this? As in you feel bouncier, happier, sassier or whatever. I am in the camp that thinks that self effects are as big a part of the phero effect as the phero signature. At least for me. The better I am feeling, the more the world responds. The more I put out (no jokes LadyV) the more I get back.

I am going to start wearing cops every day! lol

Lol! You can tell I'm Asian from the tiny avatar pics??? Really? yes I am, but with Asians you don't look for wrinkles, you look for face sagging - that's how you generally tell age (jawline isn't sharp, or some indications of a jowl forming).

And yeah. There's this 23yr old at work whom I'm friends with and he's quite mature, but every so often he still says/does something that makes me facepalm and think "he's a little boy" lol!

Oh I can see it...You remind of Amy Okuda (Tinkerballa) from The Guild, actually :)

We all have some "Boy" in us - but I keep reading that today's lot is growing up especially slow. I spend time here but even without wife and kids I could not imagine sitting around all day playing online video games. You would not believe what I was doing professionally at age 25 (not that I am anywhere near there now lol!) I am not sure what age group you are looking at though.

I'm looking for someone in the 45 age bracket.... The more mature the better...

Well no guarantee I am one of the exceptions hahaha. But thanks for the virtual smooch - much appreciated.