What's Better for Soothing Anxiety...

Balm Bomb or Teddy BB?

I have a bit of an anxiety issue that has been with me off and on for-friggin'-ever - I'm talking YEARS here - and which isn't caused by anything in particular, but which does produce a lot of physical effects, most notably, body tremors, which I absolutely abhor. (Try carrying a tray of cocktails with shaky hands! :o Or typing, for that matter. Or even just breathing without shuddering).

Sometimes it's aggravated by outside worries, (like money issues - I *hate* Christmas in particular for this), or by my consumption of caffeine, which I'm trying to ease up on. But those things aren't the instigators, only "aggravators".

I'm wondering which phero would be better for soothing this irritating constantly jittery feeling I get? Either BB or Teddy BB, or B2 or? Any suggestions?

Thanks Luna. I'll give that a whirl tonight. I have to work(!), and my body is buzzing and humming and vibrating so much I'm worried I'll be dropping things & breaking (more) glasses. Grr... I *hate* this feeling.

Thanks Mrs. C. Teddy BB works better than BB on my PMS, (I get it pretty bad, too, sometimes). I'm hoping Balm Bomb works for me today. I hate feeling anxious for no good reason! It's so annoying. I just did 5 sprays from my little sample spray: 2 to chest/abdomen, one to each arm, & one in my hair for good measure. At the moment, I kind of feel like going to sleep. :huh:

Heart's Ease with BB would be my choice,with the extra soothing from the lavender...hope whatever you try helps. :Hug_emoticon: You could also check out my fav Learning Strategies paraliminal tapes,they have a Relaxation one,and I favor their New Behavior Generator one too :)

You know what knocked me out? Mara made this wax melt with Tranquility potion. Wow. It really relaxed me. Teddy BB that's the one in jubilee right?

That one hasn't really worked too well for me. I am going to have to try it again, and maybe order another sample of Heart's Ease. The one thing that has soothed me in times of stress has always been Special Delivery so I always reach for that, and that usually settles me, but I want something that is going to make me numb, and I don't feel like doing heroine.

I have a very similar anxiety issue and Heart's Ease always worked for me. Come to think of it I really should dig that out and start using it a bit more, I could seriously use it at the moment. I get your frustration about the trembling hands, it drives me absolutely nuts.

I used Balm Bomb and some Pillow Patter, 'cause Heart's Ease is too strong for work. It really projects on me. It seems the BB has done its job. I don't feel particularly cheery, but at least I'm not a ball of anxiety now, and my body has stopped shaking. I didn't break anything at work, nor did I drop anything, or knock anything over. It took a good while for it to take effect, but it did. Thanks for the suggestions!

I am very, very, very glad that my hands have stopped shaking. I hate it so much, 'cause people always look at me funny, like I'm detoxing or something. :( I always tell them I've had too much coffee when they notice.

Calii, where would I find your paraliminal thingys?

I have anxiety disorder. The thing that helps the most is androstadienone(A1). It is in all of the soothing blends. Teddy BB is too subtle for me. Often I just use it straight but when I want the smoothness that a blend brings, I prefer B2. Most likely because it's high in A1. Mara told me it was 50% A1.

Hey, so I'm a bit off topic and I apologize for that (please feel free to slap me down for being off-topic) but are you taking any supplements?

I get some anxiety too, and I notice that D3 is a godsend (sunshine pill), as is rhodiola and l-tyrosine for general well-being and anti-depression.

So you sling drinks (and it IS wintertime) you're probably not getting the sun you need.

I notice this high strung anxiety that makes me lash out at the smallest things if I don't take those often enough (like I've been staying at the beast's house for a few days, left my supplements at home, and then wigged out on a broken faucet in the kitchen and threw a b*tch of a temper tantrum because I just felt so off-kilter and out of control which I think is what happens when I'm anxious.

Anyway, hope the pheros helped. I have Teddy man coming and a few other things and I'm looking forward to trying them out :)

I get some anxiety too, and I notice that D3 is a godsend (sunshine pill), as is rhodiola and l-tyrosine for general well-being and anti-depression.

So you sling drinks (and it IS wintertime) you're probably not getting the sun you need.

Welcome to the boards MissHazel,

I was wondering if you could tell me what brand of rhodiola you use? I've never heard of it and would like to try out whichever brand you're using for my own anxiety and depression. This time of year get's bad, long winters. I"m glad you found something that works for you, thanks for mentioning it here.

I hope you enjoy the forum and your new LP's!

That sounds terrible, Eggers! I hope you will find a way to soothe things out. I have only tested UN Tranquility and Tranquility boosted scents and they make a difference. You might want to use a scent which you love and let it take your mind off.

I have anxiety disorder. The thing that helps the most is androstadienone(A1). It is in all of the soothing blends. Teddy BB is too subtle for me. Often I just use it straight but when I want the smoothness that a blend brings, I prefer B2. Most likely because it's high in A1. Mara told me it was 50% A1.

What is A1?

Welcome to the boards MissHazel,

I was wondering if you could tell me what brand of rhodiola you use? I've never heard of it and would like to try out whichever brand you're using for my own anxiety and depression. This time of year get's bad, long winters. I"m glad you found something that works for you, thanks for mentioning it here.

I hope you enjoy the forum and your new LP's!

I had never heard of it either and just read some articles on it. Boy this sounds like a miracle! I am curious how much to take. I would like to recommend it to some of my clients. I don't really get too anxious or depressed but this seems like it is good for just everything. I am quite surprised I haven't heard of it.

I use to take rhodiola,you can get the powder <NOT tasty> really cheap at Beyond A Century, 50 GRAMS for $8.50,that is 100 500mg doses !!...be aware that L-Tyrosine can cause a nasty headache, BAC also has that in powder form,100 GRAMS for under $6,all with certificate of analysis available for the asking :)

I use to take rhodiola,you can get the powder <NOT tasty> really cheap at Beyond A Century, 50 GRAMS for $8.50,that is 100 500mg doses !!...be aware that L-Tyrosine can cause a nasty headache, BAC also has that in powder form,100 GRAMS for under $6,all with certificate of analysis available for the asking :)

Did the rhodiola help you Calii? And thanks for the tip on L-Tyrosine. I am headache prone, so I won't be looking for that one!

I don't know if it helped anything,or if there was anything TO help...I was just taking it cause it sounded good :lol:

Now I am a strong believer in getting my nutrients from food,and kinda sorta anti-suppliments....or as I call it *suppliment of the month* heh,and, *diet of the month* *skin care product of the month* :rofl222:

I don't know if it helped anything,or if there was anything TO help...I was just taking it cause it sounded good :lol:

Now I am a strong believer in getting my nutrients from food,and kinda sorta anti-suppliments....or as I call it *suppliment of the month* heh,and, *diet of the month* *skin care product of the month* :rofl222:

Yeah, I've been anti supplement too but mostly because I'm just cheap. I'm never sure if they are doing anything and I hate spending LP money on anything else. That said...I don't eat healthy all the time so I keep thinking I ought to take supplements. My mom has a supplement catalog and she said she can order that rhodiola for cheap if I want to try it though. I do always take those little B 12 packets though if I am feeling sluggish and I can tell a difference with those so I feel like I get my moneys worth there!

Hey there,

I grabbed a bottle of Nature's Way in the purple bottle from my local sprouts.

I read up on rhodiola, perhaps it was on one of the body building forums which are so

great for supplement info, that tyrosine boosts rhodiola. I get kind of a happy energy off of the combo

though sometimes I take ome.of each at different times. Neither are evening pills. I wouldn't take them within five hours, or even more, of going to sleep.

Amino acids are awesome to read about. I don't eat enough meat so I like amino acid supplements.

D3 is also one that I notice a difference on--almost immediately. I've been caught mid-bitch at my manbeast for nothing, and then be like, oooo, I need to take my D3. I haven't for awhile.

I have been getting the amplified dreams effect with rhodiola and tyrosine though. Nothing crazy. Just more interesting and more recall.

I do love my blender though for getting in a bunch of veggies in the diet. it's so much easier to drink them than eat them.

one last thing: someome suggested to me that if I liked rhodiola, I'd love sheherazade (spelling?)

I've seen it at vitacost but haven't gotten it to play with yet. edit: I'm completely screwing up the name of the supplement. I'll try to track down correct name later.

Edited by MissHazel

@MissHazel...maybe you should do a separate Supplement thread...only because I won't remember where to find this info when I choose to order some of these things to try! Well, I wrote them down in my phone but it would be kind of cool to have a place for you to update things you are trying in case we want to copy you. Recently my friend also told me to take D3!

Where would be the best place to put that? Or should I create a journal?

I would suggest bookmarking the following: Earthclinic.com, curezone.com, and peoplespharmacy.com (also on NPR radio so they have podcasts to listen to.)