Candy Cane Cookies

Beccah

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, mint Hershey's kiss! The peppermint is not too "hot" at all, just almost like a flavoring to the sweetness which is the main star. It does of course bring to mind Festival of Lights but unlike that scent, this does have a very strong COOKIE! feel, like mummy chunks or ladyv's rose cookies, dashed with peppermint.

Look at this :

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/11/15/chocolate-fudge-cookies-with-candy-cane-buttercream/

Yes, mint Hershey's kiss! The peppermint is not too "hot" at all, just almost like a flavoring to the sweetness which is the main star. It does of course bring to mind Festival of Lights but unlike that scent, this does have a very strong COOKIE! feel, like mummy chunks or ladyv's rose cookies, dashed with peppermint.

Look at this :

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/11/15/chocolate-fudge-cookies-with-candy-cane-buttercream/

Yummy cookies! I need to make those. The website is now bookmarked :D

Look at this :

http://sallysbakinga...ne-buttercream/

I have bookmarked this site, those cookies look amazing....

Ok, I got my sample of this today, and I thought for sure I would get the mint, but mostly I get chocolate and the mint is very faint. Its there, just not as "minty" as I had hoped it would be. Maybe after a while it will show up, I'll wait to see how it is in a few hours.

Weird. I think we smell the mint in the same way in Lady Suzy's Birthday Cupcake. Maybe you amp chocolate

I think I am probably amping chocolate since I have been eating chocolate every day for the past week.

Ok, I got my sample of this today, and I thought for sure I would get the mint, but mostly I get chocolate and the mint is very faint. Its there, just not as "minty" as I had hoped it would be. Maybe after a while it will show up, I'll wait to see how it is in a few hours.

Oh see me too!

I just re-tried this. I slathered this time, I think maybe used up a quarter of the trial vial?

I get hit first with chocolate, then a few minutes later I detect the faintest hints of mint, but that doesn't really last. Now it's been a couple of hours and it's a nice hot cocoa scent on me. This seems to be one of those fragrances my skin doesn't amp up though since I used so much but the scent isn't very strong at all... I don't think anyone actually noticed I was wearing it! I have to put my nose right up to my arm to detect it.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally tested this again the other day. Yes, I can wear this chocolate!!! First on, it smells like a creamy hot chocolate but the chocolate note dies down on me quickly, and it's more like the suggestion of chocolate (which totally works for me). The peppermint is sweeter like those soft peppermint candies rather than like an Altoid or something. Despite the foody notes, the amber turns this into a decidedly perfumey fragrance. Not only that, it somehow smells like my mom!! So now this is a comforting scent for me. This might be a full bottle!

This sounds great... is it warm and cozy yet fresh at the same time? Does that even make sense?

I remember my hesitancy to first apply a scent that had chocolate in it ---- WooHoo! So glad those days are over as I know with LPMP it is a true "yummy tummy gotta have me some" scent and does not come off as plasticky or off smelling chocolate that I have come across before.

These chocolates are "Scrumdiddlyumptious!"

That would be a fantastic name for an ultimate chocolaty scent!

Edited by livinginparadise

When I first wore this I forgot the notes, and I knew there had to be chocolate in here somewhere! It reminds me of these actual cookies I had once that were dipped in chocolate and rolled around in candy cane bits. Those were all chocolate while this is more of a vanilla cookie scent dipped in chocolate but I love it all the same. The mint plays very nicely with the other notes and doesn't overwhelm.

Meanwhile my mother said I smelled like cologne. She clearly has broken nostrils. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

LOVE this smell! Tried it last night for the first time, and got it in a trade as a freebie.

It's a happy huffing smell :)

• 2 months later...

^ I actually slathered the remainder on me (this was awhile back) and used WAY too much and I got nothing but banana and a medicinal sharpness to it. It was very distracting.

But it did work well for me when I just used a small amount.

Sorry your skin and it didn't play nicely together.

Edited by MissHazel

This is strange and I just had to report here but I retested this one again sometimes today and after final dry down I get sweet cocoa and vanilla. I smell like yummy cookies...and I am starting to like this one alot more! =)

• 1 year later...

OMG. I had no idea that I would be drooling over my arm on this one! Love!

The minty chocolatey goodness hit me up right away, but no one note was overpowering. While the mint didn't last super long it was long enough to draw me into a nice holiday spirit, since I wanted something festive. The peppermint also reminded me of what is in Breathe Into Me, which was nice, though in that blend it can be a bit strong/menthol and in CCC it is gentle and then drifts away. After dry down the vanilla amber mix became wonderful. The vanilla is not overpowering or overly foody vanilla on me, and the amber gives it a very warm and mellow quality. I have been sniffing my wrists all morning so far and thinking that I have on a completely different perfume because I don't smell "Christmas" or candy-cane, but very playful and feminine.

What I am loving the most, and hopefully not jinxing myself, is that the cocoa in it reminds me of LP Gold cocoa butter a bit. Not too dark or chocolate, but cocoa sweet. This one is a keeper and I can wear it year round too.

And to think that my first choice was Festival of Lights, and this was second, if I had only known. I am so glad I got a sample, bottle to be ordered shortly :)