Beccah

AD-SnowMusk_.jpg

Snow Musk

The essence of winter and of the first snow of the season…imagine walking upon a narrow path through the woods as the snow gently falls upon you, leaving tiny diamond-like flakes in your hair and on your coat. The air is crisp and clean, the world silent save for the sound of the wind and the crunch of your step upon the cold ground. A serene moment in time is captured in this gentle scent…a blend of Tunisian white musk and Egyptian musk with a whisper of softness courtesy of powdered sugar and frankincense and myrrh, with wintery accents of fresh spruce and peppermint. And to enhance the mood of this fragrance each bottle has a portion of pearlescent mica to shake and watch it shimmer and swirl…your very own snow globe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

EGYPTIAN & TUNISIAN MUSKS ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness and riches. Lust inducing,
wishes granted.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
WHITE TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.
SPRUCE ~ Protection against enemies.

Well this is definitely an icy musk! At first I get blasted with peppermint and I am not sure I like it in perfume as much as I thought I would. It moves a little to the side though (it is still there for sure on me...just not as blatant) and then it is mostly powdered sugar and musk. It's nice...it gets better the longer I wear it. Not a full bottle for me because this musk will get to me after awhile...but others will appreciate it for what is is I'm sure.

Being able to create a musky perfume that really does evoke an icy cool feeling is pretty genius I'd say!

Mara did a wonderful job with the evocation of this one: it's so fresh and smooth, definitely a snowy feeling to it (despite my merely passing acquaintance with snow).

I like the vibe of this one in that it is a clean kind of musk but not too piercing; I think the other notes take the edge off the potential sharpness which pale musks can have. It reminds me of things like A Treasure of Aquamarine and Embody The Tarot: Temperance because it does have the clean clear quality to it. There's just a whisper of sweetness but I wouldn't compare this to Xuehua Xing because that one is sweeter. This is supposed to be a little more bracing. If anything it reminds me more of LP Silver, at least at first.

When I put this on, it took me back to junior high. Not a specific memory or person; it just took me back to sitting in my 7th grade homeroom. Maybe it's the peppermint. We were gum chewing fiends that year, and it was always minty so as not to stick to orthodontia. :lol: That was my first thought when I smelled this.

I was a little worried about the frankencense and myrrh since I don't think I've smelled anything with them in it, and I imagined that they'd be a bit deep, but they weren't. It's a sheer, crystalline musky scent. It's very, very sweet on me, much sweeter than I thought it would be. Sadly, I'm not getting much of the spruce, but I imagine that will come out more in the dry down. I'm amping the peppermint, but that's actually okay. I think it really works for this scent.

I had a feeling I'd like this, but I think this might be my favorite of the month!!

This is just lovely!! It's a very cool, icy musk, sheer and feminine and pretty and light. I have been keeping my sample in my pocket and sniffing it constantly for days. About to buy a full bottle. I don't /quite/ like it as much as BodaciouS Musk, but it is beautiful all the same!!

All I get initially is MINT and musk. On drydown the mint has faded some and I'm getting...I think it's the musk, sugar, and white tea. I'm not getting F&M or spruce yet. Which is what I most wanted, in addition to the musk...

It's nice though, and I do like it!

ETA: Been a couple hours now since I applied and there is a hint of incensy resin under the musk now. Nice soft scent. Like.

Edited by AlienChangeling

Very pretty! It's a very light mint on me (minty Temperance?), I think it's the musks that come out? Still, not heavy at all, just a very whisper soft sort of scent. I've slathered and it's not overwhelming at all. Usually I use too little fragrance because I don't like smelling too strongly, but I don't think that's even possible with this - my skin doesn't amp *anything* in this. lol. Why do I like the scents that barely show up on me so much?

Wow! I so wasn't expecting to enjoy this one, but I think it might have to go on my full bottle wish list! It's just so pretty! I think I expected the wintery/Christmasy vibe to be a little more overstated, but it's sheer and lovely, and just a smidge too "there" for me to call it subtle. The musks come through gorgeously, and the mint seems to be very well incorporated into the whole, because it doesn't disappear as quickly as mint usually does on my skin. With most perfumes that contain mint, I get big whiffs initially, and then just little ones thereafter. But it really sticks around with this one, and it's much prettier and a lot more elegant than I'd expected. I can't wait to give this one a full day's wear, to see how all the notes play out, but so far, this one is a surprise win. :D

Agreed! I delayed giving this one a try, as I'm not a big fan of minty scents. But hooray! It's a brisk, fresh scent, with the mint adding the chill. It's not a "mint" fragrance at all. It's a clear winter's day with the smell of freshly-fallen snow. The musk keeps it grounded and adds depth. I bet if I wore this in the middle of summer, it would drop the ambient air temperature by ten degrees!

I really like this one. It's a good counter-point to my usual "warm" LPs.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Snow Musk, you were a shoo-in and I love you every bit as much as I thought I would. This is a musk on the cool side, with light hints of mint and evergreen that make it refreshing and uplifting. Wherever the resins are this isn't a resinous scent--I suspect they're there to ground it and make it stick. There is a soft, slightly powdery hint of sweetness (the good kind of powdery) that, when tied in to the other elements, mimics the feel of freshly fallen snow. Surprisingly calming as well. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The resins, along with the sugar, provide the "powdery" effect, which is interesting to me because I never would have thought they'd have that quality.

This is really an surprise love for me! I just slathered this one on to see if I loved it! I DO! It makes me feel so beautiful! There's a certain vibe that this gives me, kind of like a snow queen vibe. But not an evil snow queen more like a beautiful snow queen in all of the land vibe. It smells so damn good!! You wouldn't think this has great throw because of the sheer factor, but I keep getting gorgeous whiffs of musk and something minty. You know when it's cold outside and you are wearing a cute winter out fit, your hair is perfect and you roll down the window and get a blast of cold air and how good it feels ? That's what this is. This will be a good one for spring as well because it has that nice light scent that is pleasant that carries.

I wrote a long review for this and could've sworn i posted it but i don't see it- bizarre. Anyway: I don't know what you all are talking about :D on me this wasn't cool or snowy at all - 100% warm and fuzzy!! The mint was a very mello, flavory, nonpointy, nonfresh mint. It's not Narnia ice queen - it's being burrito'd into her ermine sleigh blanket in front of a fire. I need to put this on when I get home.

Edited by tyvey

I wrote a long review for this and could've sworn i posted it but i don't see it- bizarre. Anyway: I don't know what you all are talking about :D on me this wasn't cool or snowy at all - 100% warm and fuzzy!! The mint was a very mello, flavory, nonpointy, nonfresh mint. It's not Narnia ice queen - it's being burrito'd into her ermine sleigh blanket in front of a fire. I need to put this on when I get home.

Really no Narnia?? I do get the powdery fuzzy thing.. I am so glad I FB's this bitch.

• 3 months later...

I was a little hesitant to try this one on, since it was released as a winter scent. But to my surprise, this works with the warmer weather as well!

As several other reviewers have mentioned, Snow Musk is veryvery light on my skin. I'm curious if anyone had gotten a full spray bottle of this; how does it diffuse? With the oil, it is so subtle and soft... I can't imagine anyone else being able to smell this without nuzzling up to my neck! But I really like it on me. I previously had qualms about musks precisely because they seemed so heavy and cloying on my skin, but Snow Musk has none of those characteristics. I do get the barest hint of peppermint, but not in a food/candy sort of sense (it just seems like a coolness on my nose).

This scent whispers instead of screams, wraps around you gently instead of bashes you over the head. I love it! I didn't expect to find a 'me' scent today, but I did!

I pulled this little guy out this weekend. I love frank-n-myrrh, and was just a little cautious of the tea and peppermint since those 2 things can singe my nose a bit. This was a light, soft, well-blended scent though. Nothing stood out, not even the peppermint. The bright wintry coolness quickly settled into a soft musk bolstered with a faintly whispered myrrh.

While not a Pony scent per say, I like it and will probably use up my sample when I am loitering about the house and want something subtle (hey, once in a while I like subtle!) to waft about me.