Winter Wizardry

Beccah

SILVER SPRUCE ~ Protection against enemies.

WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.

BAYBERRY ~ Brings money to the pockets and blessings to the home, attracts good luck. Protection, control.

CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, good luck.

TARRAGON ~ Improves mental alertness and clarity, dispels negative influences.

TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

WHITE SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

AD-WinterWizard_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I found the review page, this little gem SHOULD NOT be overlooked! OMG, it's one of my fav's this month, and I can't wait to try it on my guy! It's a wonderful wintery-feeling, utterly delicious w/o being foody scent...if you've enough nommy-gooey-foody Holiday scents, and want something *gorgeous* -this is it! I need this one.

Silver spruce, tea, and sugar sound like winners to me! Not sure about the others, but maybe I'll grab a sample.

Glad I found the review page, this little gem SHOULD NOT be overlooked! OMG, it's one of my fav's this month, and I can't wait to try it on my guy! It's a wonderful wintery-feeling, utterly delicious w/o being foody scent...if you've enough nommy-gooey-foody Holiday scents, and want something *gorgeous* -this is it! I need this one.

Katz, is it heavy on the masculine side?

This smells very clean and fresh, like when a man comes out of the shower. Wet it smells like Christmas then it dries down and smells very clean and nice. There is something very watery and fresh that I can detect. It almost smells sporty to me. Like clean shaven man that likes sports.

ooohhhhh. I like this a lot. I'm starting to think I like most watery scents. It's beautiful. I think it's a unisex blend right? Because it's not a light watery, but a deeper watery scent. Though still gives me the impression of a watery fresh scent. It just feels nice and clean-out-of shower.

edit: about 2 hours later... DAMN it turned a weird soapy scent on me. :(

Edited by maiea

OMG....incredible!!! This is so, so sexy, almost like a wintery, male version of Sneaky Clean. It's a very clean, sort of soapy scent with just the hint of sharpness from the tarragon. The sugar is very soft, almost like a powdered sugar. I wish i could smell more spruce, but it's still good. Men, don't pass it by. Hell, I might not even pass it by!

• 3 weeks later...

I am really becoming a fan of Le Wiz's scents. I spend a lot of time outdoors and masculine scents that capture the essence of the outdoors really do seem to be his specialty. Winter Wizardry is another great "capture" of his - and wizardry is a very apt term here.

The spruce, water and tea blend in well together to provide that strong winter background feel to the scent. The spruce and water notes seem to evoke both a sense of wintery woods - trees covered in snow - as well as give the impression of natural decorations and toys as you walk by a store or friend's home. They provide a smooth base to the scent with a sense of tradition and dependability in the under-current.

At the same time, the tarragon, bayberry and clove add a spicey note to the mix. They make sure the scent does not sit there too quietly with the smooth spruce, water and tea blend. It is like a quick comment that both says "Notice me" and promises that beneath the smoothness and solid feel of the spruce/water/tea base there is a promise of something spicer, something a little naughty. A scent that says you are the solid, traditonal, dependable guy she is looking for, but as the evening fireplace dies down, there is a "bad boy" hiding in there waiting to come out.

If you need a winter scent, Winter Wizardry is a must.

Note: I would also check out North Pole for Men. Any guy armed with these two scents in the winter should be unstoppable.

Really no... At least I do not find it overly-manly! Touch of spice from the bayberry, touch of sweet from the sugars, keeps it nicely balanced. Really have my wrist glued to my nose!

Really?? It is hard for me to imagine most women wearing this but, if you are a woman reading this - please do not let me scare you off. Several of the ladies here wear the slightly more masculine Unisex blends very well. and you could be one of them.

But guys - I don't see how you can miss with this one.

ETA: Wife gave this an unsolicited (and thereby surprise) thumbs up this morning.

Edited by quietguy

Really?? It is hard for me to imagine most women wearing this but, if you are a woman reading this - please do not let me scare you off. Several of the ladies here wear the slightly more masculine Unisex blends very well. and you could be one of them.

But guys - I don't see how you can miss with this one.

*raises hand* I'd totally wear this scent if it didn't turn weirdly powdery on me.

NOT overly masculine at all! This is cool, refreshing and totally unisex. I was really hoping for it to work on me because of my eternal love for the TSO song "Wizards of Winter" and it most definitely did. Reminds me of being outside breathing in that crisp chill air surrounded by snowy pines. There is no cologny aspect here at all, it's just uplifting with just a tinge of sweetness underneath (though pine, with its resinous aspect, does tend to do that on me). I love water notes and this is no exception. I could see myself reaching for this on a scorching summer day as well.

• 4 months later...

Giving this another go, having my sample rested for a good long time now. I really wanted this one to work before so we'll see again. Plus it looks like it's a nice protection blend!

First off I get that amazing cold crisp winter scent. Very slightly fruity, like frosted fruit, and the tea tempers the pine-y ness of this very well. I can see men wearing this. It can come off as masculine, but I think it does also work for women who are looking for a cold, crisp nature-y blend. Soooooooooo nice. I think this scent HAS deepened somewhat from when I first tried it and reviewed it. It seems a twinge heavier now, and I think the heavier scents of the tea & spruce come out quite a bit more than when I first tried this. Still watery but I feel like the water has moved back a bit.

• 5 months later...

Wow, how refreshing is this little gem! I love the spruce and tea notes in this, they're really perfect together. It feels like Im outside in the winter, the crisp air and I can almost feel the snow gently falling around me. I cannot pick any individual notes out, aside from the tea/spruce, its so well rounded! This managed to get on my Fb list :D

• 2 months later...

This smells amazing the way the fruity notes while layered with other things. The tea notes last longer and are underneath the fruity tones, personally this doesn't really seem like a winter scent in my opinion. Maybe because its so stupid cold outside.

If you enjoy fruity and water accords this is for you. The fruit just pops out to and it stick around for awhile on me, the tea notes stick around and become more prominent while the fruity notes are there just not as strong anymore.

This was a unique and rewarding scent to me.

• 2 years later...