Unisex Blends

Beccah

Hey fellow LPers, just a quick note on the review threads for unisex blends. I decided they would be better placed in the men's reviews section. My reasoning is that there are less review threads for them to get buried under in the men's section. If this is inconvenient for you, please let me know & I will post them in the women's reviews section in the future :)

I dunno. I mean, I think there's some "men's" fragrances that while not labeled unisex, actually kind of are, like Shade on me. So maybe having the unisex in the men's are would get some of the women to see some of the men's fragrances that might work for them too. But, hey, a unisex area is good too.

And the converse is true as well, actually. As a mod, for the sake of ease of viewing, that is what prompted my thought regarding the creation of a unisex subforum. My priority is to make it as easy as possible for members to find reviews because it's a very important part of not only the forum itself, but the business.

My thinking was that women are more likely to hunt down something they want to review, while men are more likely to go about their business to something else. I think a unisex subforum is an ideal compromise , because men are much less likely to use something they see in the women's section. This is just an opinion I have formed from my experiences between here & our brother site PheroTruth.

Edited by Beccah

Exactly; whenever I think a scent is appropriate for a guy I always state why because I know guys are loathe to try stuff specifically aimed at women.

Yes i totally agree with that Beccah. If guys see something in the women's section they might get paranoid that it is too girly for them.

Exactly; whenever I think a scent is appropriate for a guy I always state why because I know guys are loathe to try stuff specifically aimed at women.

Yes, I noticed that although there is nice genre of fragrances aimed toward the sector of women addicted to the smell of their boyfriend's cologne on their skin, there is a telling absence of any fragrances meant to duplicate the smell of a man's lady's scent on him. :lol2:

LOL!!! I have been trying to convince that French Musk could work on a man, but there haven't been any takers around here. Or in real life. When I go home, I'm gonna have to attack one of my guy friends with it. If we let him cop a little feel, he pretty lets us do whatever to him. :lol:

The irony about men not wanting to try girly scents on them is that we'd probably smell them MORE if they smelled like foody scents (at least for me. Maybe not the flowery stuff, but I could see huffing some cupcake or amber off a man something fierce, though cologne are definitely yummy as well.)

I would put a separate Unisex heading under the men's forum. Men will be more likely to actuall look at it if it is under the men's forum than if it is off by itself.

The irony about men not wanting to try girly scents on them is that we'd probably smell them MORE if they smelled like foody scents (at least for me. Maybe not the flowery stuff, but I could see huffing some cupcake or amber off a man something fierce, though cologne are definitely yummy as well.)

Same here, I'd love it if more men smelled like chocolate hazelnut tortes and chai amber cupcakes, I really don't like most of what is manufactured for men.

LOL!!! I have been trying to convince that French Musk could work on a man, but there haven't been any takers around here. Or in real life. When I go home, I'm gonna have to attack one of my guy friends with it. If we let him cop a little feel, he pretty lets us do whatever to him. :lol:

I thought you sounded a little familiar. I'm gonna have to raisemy rates so to speak ... lol. :lol:

And that's part of the reason Mara does create gourmand-ish scents for men. Because we like them. :666:

I really wish my wife liked gourmandish scents. It would make my decisions much much easier.

I met a perfumer once and he tried one of his gardenia blends on his skin so I could sniff it. Delicious! After that, I was convinced men can wear almost anything that is out there.

Edited by perfumesniffer

I really wish my wife liked gourmandish scents. It would make my decisions much much easier.

See, I can't stand those loud ass colognes. Like earlier at Walmart this kid kept walking past me (probably 12 or 13 at the oldest). The fragrance aisle was the next one over. Anyway, I smell a really strong burst of cologne, enough to make me switch aisles. & the kid comes walking past me, again, grinning like a cheshire cat! I really need to watch slathering something like OW when I have an OCCO ligering on me :lol:

Anyway, when my SO wears LPs I just want to be close to him. I can tell when things aren't going well between us, he douses himself in the Cool Water he got for Christmas last year, ha.

Edited by Beccah

See, I can't stand those loud ass colognes.

IKR - all these middle school boys bathing in and using what seems like half a can of Axe body spray. I went to the school for a concert and thought i was going to choke in the hallways. I said something to one of the teachers I know and she said imagine sitting in a closed in classroom for an hour with 3 or 4 of them.

• 3 weeks later...

My thinking was that women are more likely to hunt down something they want to review, while men are more likely to go about their business to something else. I think a unisex subforum is an ideal compromise , because men are much less likely to use something they see in the women's section. This is just an opinion I have formed from my experiences between here & our brother site PheroTruth.

Yes i totally agree with that Beccah. If guys see something in the women's section they might get paranoid that it is too girly for them.

I would put a separate Unisex heading under the men's forum. Men will be more likely to actuall look at it if it is under the men's forum than if it is off by itself.

Keep it in the men's....my 2c...sometimes the mere mention of unisex is enough to drive the mental decision for a man to not try it because women could be wearing it. I don't understand WHY it works that way, I just know there seems to be some ingrained primal reaction to shy away. But like QG said, in their section they may actually at least look at it.

As women, we're tend to be clusterers (real word?) and we'll find them no matter what...we'll research...then we'll ask each other...you can't hide 'em from us lol we'll ferret out anything :lol: