How to Choose the Right Full Size Product?

Greetings All,

I haven't tried my samples yet, but I am very confident that I will make a full bottle purchase in the near future. Especially after surfing the boards and reading all the great experiences! I have been looking through the store again and I am still confused.

The unscented pheromones are the ones that are the most potent - correct? With the unscented pheromones for $39.95 in either oil or silicone:

1. What is a DPG oil base?
  2. What is a CPS silicone base?
  3. How are the two different from one another?

With the pheromones in alcohol that start at $44.95:

1. How are they different from the oil and silicone ones?
  2. What is the difference between the different ratios of alcohol to oil or silicone?

• 90% alcohol to 10% oil
  • 60% alcohol to 40% oil
  • 60% alcohol to 40% silicone

When asked to choose either:

1. 1x for $44.95 or $49.95
  2. 2x for $74.95 or $79.95
  3. 3x for 95.95 or $114.95

- for a pheromone product, is this asking for the amount of pheromones?

• How much is each level? For example is the 1x = to 333mcg?
  • And what is the difference in effects from each level?

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by Honeycake

Greetings All,

I haven't tried my samples yet, but I am very confident that I will make a full bottle purchase in the near future. Especially after surfing the boards and reading all the great experiences! I have been looking through the store again and I am still confused.

The unscented pheromones are the ones that are the most potent - correct? With the unscented pheromones for $39.95 in either oil or silicone:

1. What is a DPG oil base?
  2. What is a CPS silicone base?
  3. How are the two different from one another?

Silicone and DPG both lay close to your skin. DPG is an oil.....silicone gives an almost "silky" feeling. Silicone will diffuse quicker than oil, and also needs to be shaken before each use, as it separates from the pheros.

With the pheromones in alcohol that start at $44.95:

1. How are they different from the oil and silicone ones?
  2. What is the difference between the different ratios of alcohol to oil or silicone?

• 90% alcohol to 10% oil
  • 60% alcohol to 40% oil
  • 60% alcohol to 40% silicone

Alcohol diffuses much faster. It also burns off quicker and often needs to be reapplied. Having the different ratios is simply in an effort to extend the wear time.....each percentage of oil or silicone added adds staying power, and slows the diffusion a bit.

When asked to choose either:

1. 1x for $49.95
  2. 2x for $74.95
  3. 3x for 95.95

- for a pheromone product, is this asking for the amount of pheromones? And how much is each level? For example is the 1x = to 333mcg?

Thanks in Advance!

Yes, it is the amount of pheros....the 333 is actually the amount in the phero boosted scents, I think, which is less than 1X.......I THINK 1X=1000 mcg

Hope that helps! and remember, less is sometimes more.....I suggest trying 1X before moving up.....

and remember, less is sometimes more.....I suggest trying 1X before moving up.....

Yes. Too much is as bad if not worse than too little.

Wow Dolly and Quietguy!

You guys are fast! I am still trying to remember/figure out the threads I have posted too around here! :)

Point taken on the strength - I have "ghosted" before on other products and I wouldn't want to do that on these products as that would be a waste. I am just dying to make a purchase, but I want to make a good decision. :)

Thank you Dolly for answering all my questions! That helps a bunch!

Wow Dolly and Quietguy!

You guys are fast! I am still trying to remember/figure out the threads I have posted too around here! :)

Point taken on the strength - I have "ghosted" before on other products and I wouldn't want to do that on these products as that would be a waste. I am just dying to make a purchase, but I want to make a good decision. :)

Thank you Dolly for answering all my questions! That helps a bunch!

You're very welcome! Glad I could help!

Ok now I have some additional questions. Looking at the scented options is overwhelming. LOL

Just for clarity's sake, the term pheromone blend refers to:

A. A mix of a fragrance and a pheromone. For example: All Hallow's Eve (fragrance) combined with Lumina (pheromone) ?

or

B. A combination of unscented individual pheromones (DHEAS + Alpha + Beta etc) used to create one unscented pheromone product. For a general example- unscented Sexology?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now when someone uses the term phero-boosted scent or pheromone enhanced fragrance they are referring to a product:

1. which contain 333mcg of pheromones and starts at $29.95 for the oil and $44.95 for a spray - correct?

What are the major differences between a phero enhanced fragrance and the unscented pheromones? I think I understand that with the unscented pheros you are getting more mcgs and thus, a more potent product, but what is the incentive to buy one versus the other in regards to performance? For example, would one need to apply more (4 sprays instead of 2 or 12 inches instead of 5) of the phero enhanced fragrances? What are the pros, cons, and benefits of purchasing a pheromone enhanced fragrance versus an unscented pheromone?

Edited by Honeycake

Phero-boosted or phero enhanced fragrance is scent plus pheros, usually at 333mcg.

Unscented pheros is pheros at 1000mcg for x1, etc. and there is no fragrance. For pheros with cops (EoW), this should stink. For phero enhanced fragrance, sometimes the scent covers the cops even on wet while others might take a while for the cops to meld into your skin chemistry.

Phero enhanced perfumes here are designed with the phero in mind to achieve what the phero is meant to do. Therefore some ladies find it more efficient to use these even though they are "weaker".

I prefer to use UN as I don't wear pheros regularly and also I like to mix and match my pheros to my scents according to my mood.

Phero boosted (as used around the forum) likely means that someone has picked out one of the fragrances and had a phero added to it, whereas phero enhanced is probably one of the ones Mara has created to carry the phero ("333mcg of pheromones and starts at $29.95 for the oil and $44.95 for a spray "). You'll have to use the context clues, but i think it's usually clear around the board.

The phero-enhanced fragrances have less phero than the unscented, so if you OD easily, they are a good bet. I, personally, buy the unscented ones when I anticipate wearing the phero frequently and want to keep my scent options open. for me, it has very little to do with the strength.

Yes I do apply more of the phero enchanced scents. I have a high tolerance so I love the UNs. They cost more initially but you have the ability to wear them with any scent you like. The phero enhanced ones are nice when I just want to wear a small amount of pheros, but really even then they are more about scent for me.

Edited by halo0073

Ok now I have some additional questions. Looking at the scented options is overwhelming. LOL

Just for clarity's sake, the term pheromone blend refers to:

A. A mix of a fragrance and a pheromone. For example: All Hallow's Eve (fragrance) combined with Lumina (pheromone) ?

or

B. A combination of unscented individual pheromones (DHEAS + Alpha + Beta etc) used to create one unscented pheromone product. For a general example- unscented Sexology?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now when someone uses the term phero-boosted scent or pheromone enhanced fragrance they are referring to a product:

1. which contain 333mcg of pheromones and starts at $29.95 for the oil and $44.95 for a spray - correct?

What are the major differences between a phero enhanced fragrance and the unscented pheromones? I think I understand that with the unscented pheros you are getting more mcgs and thus, a more potent product, but what is the incentive to buy one versus the other in regards to performance? For example, would one need to apply more (4 sprays instead of 2 or 12 inches instead of 5) of the phero enhanced fragrances? What are the pros, cons, and benefits of purchasing a pheromone enhanced fragrance versus an unscented pheromone?

The term "pheromone blend" refers to "B", the actual mix of pheromones, (ie, Blatant Invitation, Lumina, Sexology). UNscented pheromone blends are 1000mcg per bottle, whether roll-on or spray.

"Phero-enhanced" is normally used in reference to Mara's perfume/pheromone blends, (333mcg per bottle, whether roll-on or spray), just like BlueBear said. Personally, I refer to these as "Pheromas", to distinguish them from perfumes without pheromones.

"Boosted" refers to a pheromone blend that someone has added to a perfume of their own choosing. When you boost a perfume, you get a 1000 mcg dose of pheromones, as opposed to the 333mcg dose in "pheromas", or phero-enhanced scents.

There are 2 benefits to choosing UNscented pheromone blends: 1. they are stronger, so you use less, (potentially more economical), and 2. you can mix & match your perfumes and pheros according to your moods, (lots of fun, but sometimes time consuming considering how many scents and phero blends we all wind up with around here! LOL!).

But like JOC pointed out, the pheromas that Mara creates sometimes "feel" like they pack more of a punch than pairings we make ourselves. We put that down to Mara being magic. ;) She combines ingredients with similar magical qualities to enhance (and sometimes mask the scent of) particular pheromone blends.

But all LPs are 'scents with intent". So phero'd or not, you're good to go!

I wondered, the first time I saw you write that. It's what i assumed, and i thought it was very, very clever!

LOL! I need to make up distinguishing markers for myself, otherwise everything gets all muddled up in my head!

Hi Honeycake!

Looks like everyone is giving you excellent info. :)

Here's a FAQ about the different bases, just FYI: http://lovepotionperfume.com/reading_room/articles/FAQ1

1x = 1,000, 2x = 2,000, 3x = 3,000 mcgs

As mentioned above, when I create a phero enhanced perfume, the phero content is 333mcg, but the perfume is designed to enhance the intent of the phero blend, so often they "feel" stronger because they are congruent.

When someone buys a phero boost, they are choosing a regular perfume from our catalog and we are adding 1,000 mcgs to it.

I find there is an advantage to combining your scents and pheros because then you have a scent indicator for how much you are wearing. MORE does NOT equal BETTER when it comes to pheros...many/most people get a better result wearing a more modest amount. So when you find you're wearing the right amount of fragrance, you are also wearing the right amount of pheros. It's easy to overdo something when there is no scent indicator.

Personally, I find that the heavy sexual (stinky) blends (such as OCCOs/Copulins, Sexpionage, Blatant Invitation) work far better in oil, and far better when combined with scent because you don't have to deal with the PITA dry down time. You want these to stay closer to your skin. And the light social blends (Open Windows, Lace, Topper) are most effective in a spray, either scented or not, because you want the wide diffusion.

Hope that helps!

But like JOC pointed out, the pheromas that Mara creates sometimes "feel" like they pack more of a punch than pairings we make ourselves. We put that down to Mara being magic. ;) She combines ingredients with similar magical qualities to enhance (and sometimes mask the scent of) particular pheromone blends.

This!!!! ...no one makes scent with intent like our Potion Master...no one,I am in the less is more camp,so far :):Mara_makin_Magick:

Thank you JOC!

Phero-boosted or phero enhanced fragrance is scent plus pheros, usually at 333mcg.

Unscented pheros is pheros at 1000mcg for x1, etc. and there is no fragrance. For pheros with cops (EoW), this should stink. For phero enhanced fragrance, sometimes the scent covers the cops even on wet while others might take a while for the cops to meld into your skin chemistry.

Phero enhanced perfumes here are designed with the phero in mind to achieve what the phero is meant to do. Therefore some ladies find it more efficient to use these even though they are "weaker".

I prefer to use UN as I don't wear pheros regularly and also I like to mix and match my pheros to my scents according to my mood.

Thanks BlueBear! I appreciate your input.

Phero boosted (as used around the forum) likely means that someone has picked out one of the fragrances and had a phero added to it, whereas phero enhanced is probably one of the ones Mara has created to carry the phero ("333mcg of pheromones and starts at $29.95 for the oil and $44.95 for a spray "). You'll have to use the context clues, but i think it's usually clear around the board.

The phero-enhanced fragrances have less phero than the unscented, so if you OD easily, they are a good bet. I, personally, buy the unscented ones when I anticipate wearing the phero frequently and want to keep my scent options open. for me, it has very little to do with the strength.

Hello Halo!

I am not sure whether I have a high tolerance or not - yet. I have ghosted or ODd 1 or 2 times because I applied too much, but I can't remember the amount, but it was with a different product/company. I think I will have to use my samples to find out what my tolerance or sweet spot is with the different pheros here at LPMP.

Thanks for your input.

Yes I do apply more of the phero enchanced scents. I have a high tolerance so I love the UNs. They cost more initially but you have the ability to wear them with any scent you like. The phero enhanced ones are nice when I just want to wear a small amount of pheros, but really even then they are more about scent for me.

Thanks Eggers!

I really appreciate your response and for adding to my understanding!

The term "pheromone blend" refers to "B", the actual mix of pheromones, (ie, Blatant Invitation, Lumina, Sexology). UNscented pheromone blends are 1000mcg per bottle, whether roll-on or spray.

"Phero-enhanced" is normally used in reference to Mara's perfume/pheromone blends, (333mcg per bottle, whether roll-on or spray), just like BlueBear said. Personally, I refer to these as "Pheromas", to distinguish them from perfumes without pheromones.

"Boosted" refers to a pheromone blend that someone has added to a perfume of their own choosing. When you boost a perfume, you get a 1000 mcg dose of pheromones, as opposed to the 333mcg dose in "pheromas", or phero-enhanced scents.

There are 2 benefits to choosing UNscented pheromone blends: 1. they are stronger, so you use less, (potentially more economical), and 2. you can mix & match your perfumes and pheros according to your moods, (lots of fun, but sometimes time consuming considering how many scents and phero blends we all wind up with around here! LOL!).

Hi Mara!

Thank you for that link! I really appreciate you replying to the thread and providing some guidance and adding to what has been said.

Hi Honeycake!

Looks like everyone is giving you excellent info. :)

Here's a FAQ about the different bases, just FYI: http://lovepotionper...m/articles/FAQ1

1x = 1,000, 2x = 2,000, 3x = 3,000 mcgs

As mentioned above, when I create a phero enhanced perfume, the phero content is 333mcg, but the perfume is designed to enhance the intent of the phero blend, so often they "feel" stronger because they are congruent.

When someone buys a phero boost, they are choosing a regular perfume from our catalog and we are adding 1,000 mcgs to it.

I find there is an advantage to combining your scents and pheros because then you have a scent indicator for how much you are wearing. MORE does NOT equal BETTER when it comes to pheros...many/most people get a better result wearing a more modest amount. So when you find you're wearing the right amount of fragrance, you are also wearing the right amount of pheros. It's easy to overdo something when there is no scent indicator.

Personally, I find that the heavy sexual (stinky) blends (such as OCCOs/Copulins, Sexpionage, Blatant Invitation) work far better in oil, and far better when combined with scent because you don't have to deal with the PITA dry down time. You want these to stay closer to your skin. And the light social blends (Open Windows, Lace, Topper) are most effective in a spray, either scented or not, because you want the wide diffusion.

Hope that helps!

• 4 years later...

I'm bumping this up, because, as a newcomer, I have a hard time relocating threads like this that help with answers I have. I'll find it, then next time I want to refer to it, its nowhere to be found until search the correct way.

One link provided by Mara in this thread no longer works because of the main website being down (presumably that's why)

Anyway, I think this would be useful for others here as well