The Promise 2012 w/Perfect Match

JASMINE and LADY OF THE NIGHT ~ (aka Night Blooming Jasmine) ~ The intoxicating scent of these heady blossoms is fabled to inspire lust clouded sleeplessness.

GARDENIA ~ A mood elevator; powerfully "magnetic" for women, enhances visage, attracts love, inspires feelings of passion.[/color]

STARGAZER LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects.

SUGAR CANE ~ Attracts love, good fortune, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing too.

WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, atracts love, good fortune and riches.

WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

I ordered this from Cindy at Magickal Omaha/Scent Addict/Romance of Yesteryear - even though her website still shows that this has the Soulmate phero, Mara assures me that this re-brew has Perfect Match.

When first applied, the florals, esp the jasmine, are quite sharp. After an hour or so, it dries down to a really beautiful floral scent. It's not super sweet, and there's just enough musk to round it out. The florals are definitely the most prominent notes. I'm wearing this at work today, with the hopes of maybe seeing my crush later, so I will update later, as to any phero effects...

Edited for really weird formatting

Edited by Molls

• 1 month later...

Well I got this in a trade and I'm unsure if it has PM or Soulmate in it. It's a very pretty floral, very fem. Wore this for a night in watching movies with a guy that I know likes me but he is def in the friend zone. Anyways, things got very snuggly. Not sexy snuggly but very cuddly and sweet. At one point he was just stoking my hair and looking at me all adoring and puppy like. Lol! The Promise is like lovey dovey ooey gooey-ness in a bottle!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a sniffee sample of this and it is really lovely. A very strong floral, very "there", even from just a small swipe, and just lasts and lasts. A bit more of a traditional perfume, different to much of Mara's more unique creations but still very beautiful. My only concern is when I first put this on I got a headache, not sure if coincidence or not so need to test a bit more.

I don't usually grab for floral scents so I couldn't pinpoint the different florals.

If I were to wear a floral perfume it would be this one. Upon application it was sharp and reminded me of a floral soap. The scent really bloomed on me after ten minutes. When I hold my wrist up to my nose I felt like I was breathing in a bouquet that was liberally dusted with sugar. There was a sweetness about it. I went to look at the magical ingredients and sure enough sugarcane! I wondered if that was what made me like this floral (and I never do). The musk softens the scent.

If I had to describe this in three words it would be: Sweet, soft, floral.

The label for this perfect. Gorgeous scent.

Edited by MeriendaTime

I was just moving my sniffee of this from the table and couldn't resist opening it to take a whiff. Wow, this really is beautiful! Florals at their absolute best. If I could be sure this wouldn't give me a headache I'm not sure I could resist a full bottle. As it is, I will have to make my sniffee and sample last.

• 4 months later...

I'm so surprised! I love this! Florals are usually so iffy on me, but this is really lovely. :) It has a sharp edge at the start, but it smooths out after a little while, and turns into a gorgeous floral musk that clings to my skin. So glad I got a bottle! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised I liked this one as well... I got one of the world famous sniffies and tried it out... The first time I think I put too much on, as a got a bit of headache but then the second time, I put just a dab on and it was love... I love this floral and as much as I love to roll these LP bottles everywhere with this baby a little goes a long way. I'm looking forward to getting my FB, so I can give this a far better review then this one...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm wearing this today and I forgot how lovely this one truly is… The florals are very strong at first but then they settle into a beautiful scent on your skin. It's like walking thru a spring garden in full bloom…. The sugar in this really rounds it out nicely.

• 4 months later...

Woke up this morning to coffee, a bedside bouquet of Iris, Weigela and Mountain Laurel that are all in bloom in our backyard and a bottle of The Promise sitting beside it and my husband all smiles. I'm like, what's going on??

I had ordered The Promise from Romance of Yesteryear for one of our daughters who's getting married next spring. Apparently, he had gotten up early, gone down to the post office and got the mail which included that particular pkg. He figured it must be LPMP or perfume from a trade/somewhere, so he opened it thinking he would surprise me, not knowing it was for our Heather. He says: " This one is PERFECT. I already smelled it." Well, I had to agree with him of course because yes, it does smell perfect, AND the Perfect Match it is enhanced with is truly that. Perfect. Oh yes.

I am literally crying, because it did indeed help create a magical morning for us and I did not have the heart to tell him whom I had gotten it for. So....I will wear this for my beloved husband, the man who has kept all his promises to me and his family, and I will just have to get more for our daughter. If her fiancé manages to be even half the man and husband her father is, she'll be just fine.

ETA: A big thank you to Birkey for sending me a sniffee of The Promise. I can see why you love it and I'm sooo very glad I ordered some.

Edited by Olderbutwiser

Thanks for pointing that out to me, Halo. Still learning.

I love this blend so much that I've already ordered two more bottles today. It's been a wonderful day and afternoon into early evening here of family warmth and closeness. I'm going to also wear this out tonite dancing with my husband.

• 2 years later...

I tested Perfect Match in Promise once in October of 2013 and I knew that this was an awesome phero that went well with my chemistry. I accidentally slathered this mone and used half of the vial at once. The weather was overcast, but it ended up getting really warm and I wore a sweater. The fragrance smelled good in the bottle, but smelled amazing on my skin. This was a beautiful clean floral and I got lots of compliments on how I smelled. No matter how much I had put on – the fragrance never got loud.

I did not get any self effects and I don’t recall the throw, but my hits were amazing. Some of my most notable hits were:

I parked in a parking lot where I wasn't supposed to park. This guy aout 40s, tall saw me and he told me not to park there. He said that they will tow my car.. When he got hit by the mone cloud he told me that I could have his space. And he had me follow him in my car to take his parking space.

My second hit was a guy same age range taller maybe 6'3". He held the door open for me as we arrived at the same doctors office. I signed in and he signed in after me. I really wasn't paying attention and the he asked me..."are you married"? I was so shocked. I still couldn't bring myself to look at him. I told him no. Then he asked me if I wanted to get married. I paused. By this time all of the women in the office had gathered at the counter and were staring at us. It was a cluster of about five or six women. He was just grinning. And then he said, "I guess the answer is no." I said, "well maybe at some point." And he said, "well that is good."

Then one of the nurses called us both back to the front because we signed the wrong sign in sheet. We went back up to the front and he signed the right sheet. Then he told me "Honeycake, you sign right above my name because you were here first." He pointed to an empty space above his name on the sign in sheet. I started giggling and I couldn't stop. Sure enough he left a space for me to sign my name right above his.

Then one of the nurses was like, "Why are you asking her if she wants to be married?" And he made some comment and she was like, " I want to know because I am nosy." So of course I take my seat and he sits next to me to my left.

Then an older man comes in about 50ish or so maybe older. He starts giving me goo goo eyes with a huge smile. We speak. He signs in and he sits to my right. He keeps looking at me and smiling. Then we make small talk and eventually he - drum roll..... asks me if I am married and if I would like to be.

By this time I am about to jump out of my seat and climb the ceiling. I cannot believe that this is happening from a phero!

Then a young guy about 20ish comes in and he speaks to the men in the room. He then starts to hover around me. He then sits directly behind me and continually brushes against the back of my seat. I turn around. He smiles and speaks. I speak in return. Then he asks me...."are you married?" I wish I was lying!

When I told my mom about the hits I got asking me about marriage, she went on a spiel about marriage a babies and how I should wear this out to some upscale locations and then I would find Mr. Honeycake. She then told me that I need to buy a full bottle of this as soon as it is practical for me to do so.

Happily, I did not get any bad hits from women. Women were either neutral or pleasant.

• 1 year later...

This is very pretty and floral, but there's something almost too heady about it for my tastes. I think it's the gardenia. I am suspicious of gardenia in perfumes because it can go "diaper cream" on me. Luckily this one doesn't, but I think I'd have to be in a faaaar more feminine mood than I'm usually in to wear this more.