How to Select the Right Fragrance and Level?

Since Mara suggested that a fragranced pheromone would be better as it provides a gauge for the amount of mones you are wearing applying..

I wonder which option is better and why- lightly scented vs full fragrance?

I am not a huge fragrance person, but I do appreciate the scents that I have sampled from LPMP, but it kind of doesn't matter what kind of fragrance I wear. I do have some preferences, but it is nor a big deal to me.

1. When you select a fragrance do you all think about the descriptions and the intent of the fragrance when combining it with a phero or do you just pick what you like?

2. What are the pros and cons of adding a light fragrance vs a full fragrance?

Thanks in advance

Well, I don't typically boost my fragrances, so I don't have anything to offer regarding your second question. but when I'm wearing an unscented phero, the fragrance does matter to me. For example. i tend to like lighter, sheer scents, but I know that these won't always cover something like BI or sometimes Bang! (Even unscented, these pheros are rather pungent.) And I do think of intent. Maybe it's just me, but it just seems at odd to wear a fragrance with love drawing properties when I'm wearing Leather or Swimming with the Sharks because I intend to lay down the law at a meeting or something. Or wearing something deep and resiny with a bubbly phero like Lace.

I have certain types of fragrances that I keep going back to, so in that respect, there's a certain pattern there - a certain kind of fragrance that is "me." Then I don't have to worry about whether or not it harmonizes, because I've kind of developed a signature that only varies some by time of year.

Now, when I'm on my own or with hubby, I wear whatever I think he'll like - and sometimes I've been wrong.

But I do have my "greet my public" fragrances and pheros, and my "hangin' out" fragrances and pheros, and they don't really overlap all that much, I find.

I don't believe I have boosted any of my fragrances but I have received a couple from trades. I prefer UN pheros. I try to match the pheros with appropriate scents (heavy honey will not go with SWS, for example), however, I do not read into properties of each ingredients as I just can't remember what they do and all.

I haven't boosted anything just yet, but I plan to, even though I use UN pheros, for the most part. I like the idea of matching the pheros with a scent that has a similar intent, and I've spent a long time rooting through the Perfumerie search thingy, to see which properties different ingredients and perfumes have in order to match them up. But I think intuition sometimes plays a part, too. Sometimes a certain scent just seems to be a natural pairing for a particular phero.

I also really dig the idea of having my own, personal "pheromas" - phero'd perfumes that I came up with myself. There's something really cool about having your very own personalized combinations that really hits home for me.

When I boost I plan to add pheros to full perfumes, rather than lightly scenting pheros, with the few exceptions being lighter scents that I might prefer in sprays, (at some point I'd like to get an UN Treasured Hearts spray lightly scented with Areion Skye, for example). And also, Xev said once that she sometimes lightly scents her pheros with Sugared Honeycomb, and that she thinks of it like a "scent undergarment", and that idea really tickled me, too, so I may have to do that with a few.

Oh, I forgot to mention that most of my pheros are UN also. I do have a number that Mara put out that are phero/scent combos, but if I find that a particular phero works for me, I usually get it UN so I can wear it with whatever I feel like.

I'm dying to have a full scented perfume/phero spray but that can get pricey so I've got to make sure it is a perfume I won't get tired of. Right now I am thinking of a Dolly's Hot and Sticky boosted with Topper. I don't see how you can go wrong with that for summer. I suppose the scent is diluted a bit if you do it that way?

Thank you BlueBear. I was thinking along the lines of considering intent as well.

Hi Raq On. Hmm... I guess I can consider both as criteria. What I think will smell good plus intent. Thanks.

Hi AlienChangeling - I would prefer to find both a signature phero and I suppose a signature fragrance. I do like the honey scents and I am familiar with florals ...

Thanks JOC. After reading the responses - I wonder who boosts vs keeping a fragrance separate. LOL :) I wonder if that is the route I should take, but I am unsure if I would be able to find anything that covers some of the stinkier ones.

Well, I don't typically boost my fragrances, so I don't have anything to offer regarding your second question. but when I'm wearing an unscented phero, the fragrance does matter to me. For example. i tend to like lighter, sheer scents, but I know that these won't always cover something like BI or sometimes Bang! (Even unscented, these pheros are rather pungent.) And I do think of intent. Maybe it's just me, but it just seems at odd to wear a fragrance with love drawing properties when I'm wearing Leather or Swimming with the Sharks because I intend to lay down the law at a meeting or something. Or wearing something deep and resiny with a bubbly phero like Lace.

I pick what sound like it would smell good on me. The Phero part is actually secondary. I've never added a light fragrance to my phero's since I like to wear them with different scents.

I have certain types of fragrances that I keep going back to, so in that respect, there's a certain pattern there - a certain kind of fragrance that is "me." Then I don't have to worry about whether or not it harmonizes, because I've kind of developed a signature that only varies some by time of year.

Now, when I'm on my own or with hubby, I wear whatever I think he'll like - and sometimes I've been wrong.

But I do have my "greet my public" fragrances and pheros, and my "hangin' out" fragrances and pheros, and they don't really overlap all that much, I find.

I don't believe I have boosted any of my fragrances but I have received a couple from trades. I prefer UN pheros. I try to match the pheros with appropriate scents (heavy honey will not go with SWS, for example), however, I do not read into properties of each ingredients as I just can't remember what they do and all.

Hi Eggers! That is what I have been doing. I have spent so much time going through the site looking at the fragrances and pheros - I was like I have go to stop this..there is life outside LPMP! LOL!

So far I have narrowed my choices down to 6 pheros:

1. 2 sexual pheros plus OCCO SLF (which I may buy as is)

2. 1 pure social for everyday and 1 more slightly sexual/social for everyday

And

3. 1 for work and 1 social for work.

I am attracted to this idea of personalized mones as well. I want fragrance as I really don't have a lot of perfumes and I would prefer somewhat of a consistent fragrance signature.

Ok so whether an oil or spray as well as the type of fragrance - light vs heavy- influenced your decision whether to buy a full fragrance or not.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I haven't boosted anything just yet, but I plan to, even though I use UN pheros, for the most part. I like the idea of matching the pheros with a scent that has a similar intent, and I've spent a long time rooting through the Perfumerie search thingy, to see which properties different ingredients and perfumes have in order to match them up. But I think intuition sometimes plays a part, too. Sometimes a certain scent just seems to be a natural pairing for a particular phero.

I also really dig the idea of having my own, personal "pheromas" - phero'd perfumes that I came up with myself. There's something really cool about having your very own personalized combinations that really hits home for me.

When I boost I plan to add pheros to full perfumes, rather than lightly scenting pheros, with the few exceptions being lighter scents that I might prefer in sprays, (at some point I'd like to get an UN Treasured Hearts spray lightly scented with Areion Skye, for example). And also, Xev said once that she sometimes lightly scents her pheros with Sugared Honeycomb, and that she thinks of it like a "scent undergarment", and that idea really tickled me, too, so I may have to do that with a few.

Hi Missdarlyncherie!

I am not sure about the dilution. I hope someone can chime in. I was wondering if a light scent would be enough to cover some pheros or whether a full fragrance would be too overpowering?

Oy vey...decisions and choices. :)

I'm dying to have a full scented perfume/phero spray but that can get pricey so I've got to make sure it is a perfume I won't get tired of. Right now I am thinking of a Dolly's Hot and Sticky boosted with Topper. I don't see how you can go wrong with that for summer. I suppose the scent is diluted a bit if you do it that way?

I've gone back on forth on this - I want LP Black with Leather. LP Black is strong enough on me that I think I could get Leather lightly scented with LP Black and be fine, but I don't think getting LP Black boosted with Leather would be too overpowering, though. If the phero I wanted was a stinky one, I would probably go full-perfume strength just to be safe.

I have only boosted a few. I did Heart and Soul but that one is not stinky and Song Of The Desert covered it perfectly. (If I did it again though I would prefer H&S in spray..)

I also boosted Cuddle Bunny into Shelley B's Bodacious Bomb because that perfume was created to cover Sexpionage which is the Stinkiest of The Stink.

I prefer to have my pheros unscented in spray now to toss over my perfumes BUT I remember wanting a summery perfume spray last year and also I wore Topper almost all summer because I run around a lot doing "topper-y" things like pool, beach and BBQ's...that's why I am considering it!

Honestly I prefer to have my pheros eithe UN scented so I can wear with anything or one of Mara's creations (the fragrance/phero blends) because she has already done the matching of intent. The only things i have that are lightly scented are the LAMS and a BAM. I usually end up layering those with another scent because it's not enough scent for me.

If I was new to LP I would try many many samples of Mara's fragranced *scent with intent* offerings first, she is pure genius with her pairings...oh wait,that is what I did :lol:

yeah I was looking for a signature scent too,hah that did not last long either...amount of scent is individual,but if you cannot find exactly what suits you here,and probably far more than you ever thought,I would be very very surprised :D ... My first boost was Love Potion Red and Cougar,it is simple an amazing combo,another success was Buns Of Cinn boosted with Lace,and Sugared Pure boosted with Lace.

Sorry, I missed this post. That makes sense. I get the feeling that some posters tend to do that as well. :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that most of my pheros are UN also. I do have a number that Mara put out that are phero/scent combos, but if I find that a particular phero works for me, I usually get it UN so I can wear it with whatever I feel like.

Thanks Molls... That makes sense. So now I have some re-matching to do.

I've gone back on forth on this - I want LP Black with Leather. LP Black is strong enough on me that I think I could get Leather lightly scented with LP Black and be fine, but I don't think getting LP Black boosted with Leather would be too overpowering, though. If the phero I wanted was a stinky one, I would probably go full-perfume strength just to be safe.

Missdarlyncherie - thanks for sharing your experience. :)

Hi Halo - thanks for weighing in. :)

I have only boosted a few. I did Heart and Soul but that one is not stinky and Song Of The Desert covered it perfectly. (If I did it again though I would prefer H&S in spray..)

I also boosted Cuddle Bunny into Shelley B's Bodacious Bomb because that perfume was created to cover Sexpionage which is the Stinkiest of The Stink.

I prefer to have my pheros unscented in spray now to toss over my perfumes BUT I remember wanting a summery perfume spray last year and also I wore Topper almost all summer because I run around a lot doing "topper-y" things like pool, beach and BBQ's...that's why I am considering it!

Honestly I prefer to have my pheros eithe UN scented so I can wear with anything or one of Mara's creations (the fragrance/phero blends) because she has already done the matching of intent. The only things i have that are lightly scented are the LAMS and a BAM. I usually end up layering those with another scent because it's not enough scent for me.

Hi Cali,

I do have some samples of the phero enhanced fragrances. I thought about possibly sampling some fragrances by themselves- which is what I think you are suggesting. I would hate to whip out the card again... :o

Thanks for sharing and thanks for the advice. :)

If I was new to LP I would try many many samples of Mara's fragranced *scent with intent* offerings first, she is pure genius with her pairings...oh wait,that is what I did :lol:

yeah I was looking for a signature scent too,hah that did not last long either...amount of scent is individual,but if you cannot find exactly what suits you here,and probably far more than you ever thought,I would be very very surprised :D ... My first boost was Love Potion Red and Cougar,it is simple an amazing combo,another success was Buns Of Cinn boosted with Lace,and Sugared Pure boosted with Lace.

I'm a booster and non booster both. I have gitana with bang, lightly scented, slightly tweaked topper with agua fresca i use on my hair, my pe with heart and soul, and un teddy bb, supersexy, treasured hearts. I like to use supersexy a lot so the versatility made sense there, but bang fitted gitana for me and it's not something i use a lot. I guess lightly scented is nice if it can mesh with other scents. I love trying out the scented phero perfumes. Another considerstion is if you want the full 1000 micro dose or the 333 of scented offerings (not boosted but available alteady phero'd. Also i don't think the boosting dilutes the scent as it takes place of the carrier, but mara could confirm this better.

Hi Cali,

I thought about possibly sampling some fragrances by themselves- which is what I think you are suggesting.

Nope :) I meant the fragrenced phero combos "she is pure genius with her pairings" but I see now that you have them to try... and Mel makes a good point too!

Another considerstion is if you want the full 1000 micro dose or the 333 of scented offerings (not boosted but available alteady phero'd. Also i don't think the boosting dilutes the scent as it takes place of the carrier

It really is an overwhelming decision, huh? I don't know if this will help...when I first came here, I stuck with the phero perfumes first. Once I got more comfortable, I ordered some of my favorite non-phero perfumes boosted with my fav pheros. Shortly after that, I purchased UN Pheros. I did it in steps because it gave me a better feel for things, and took some of the pressure off.

Hope this helps! Good luck :)

Edited by Mrschrissyrez

Personally, unless it was high in cops or a bit too easy to OD with (like La Femme Mystere) I probably wouldn't order it boosted, just layer scents over it that I feel would go best with it at the time. I think asking for advice in the forums on what to layer unscented phero's would be a good idea however if you're not sure.

I might eventually order 2 bottles of LFM w/500 mcg in each bottle lightly scented with something (no idea what yet, and I have other spending priorities in the meantime) due to how I need to be careful about overdoing it with that one, but it'll really depend on my future needs.

Hi Cinnamonmel!

Thanks for sharing all your boosting experiences. I think I am leaning towards the 1000mcg pheros for the boosted ones. There are two that I wish to buy as is - just the phero enhanced fragrances that already have a fragrance.

I'm a booster and non booster both. I have gitana with bang, lightly scented, slightly tweaked topper with agua fresca i use on my hair, my pe with heart and soul, and un teddy bb, supersexy, treasured hearts. I like to use supersexy a lot so the versatility made sense there, but bang fitted gitana for me and it's not something i use a lot. I guess lightly scented is nice if it can mesh with other scents. I love trying out the scented phero perfumes. Another considerstion is if you want the full 1000 micro dose or the 333 of scented offerings (not boosted but available alteady phero'd. Also i don't think the boosting dilutes the scent as it takes place of the carrier, but mara could confirm this better.

Hi Mrschrissyrez,

That sounds like an excellent plan, but I think my buying unscented pheros is waay off in the future- though. :) I am scared of getting something that smells and I am not a huge perfume buyer.

It really is an overwhelming decision, huh? I don't know if this will help...when I first came here, I stuck with the phero perfumes first. Once I got more comfortable, I ordered some of my favorite non-phero perfumes boosted with my fav pheros. Shortly after that, I purchased UN Pheros. I did it in steps because it gave me a better feel for things, and took some of the pressure off.

Hope this helps! Good luck :)

Hi Queen of Swords!

So you are saying that if a phero is high in cops or easy to OD on then I shouldn't add a fragrance to it? If I am understanding you correctly you are saying that I should have the phero and then have a separate fragrance which I use over it?

Thanks... :)

Personally, unless it was high in cops or a bit too easy to OD with (like La Femme Mystere) I probably wouldn't order it boosted, just layer scents over it that I feel would go best with it at the time. I think asking for advice in the forums on what to layer unscented phero's would be a good idea however if you're not sure.

I might eventually order 2 bottles of LFM w/500 mcg in each bottle lightly scented with something (no idea what yet, and I have other spending priorities in the meantime) due to how I need to be careful about overdoing it with that one, but it'll really depend on my future needs.

No, I'm saying this is my personal preference, at least usually. What you do really isn't my business. The advantage though of getting it unscented is that you can wear just about whatever you want with it. If it's cop-heavy though it's more convenient to have it scented, at least lightly, but other people here just like layering with cop-friendly fragrances.