Buttercream Rose fragranced hydrating Water

Beccah

Of all the Hydrating Waters, Buttercream Rose is the one I thought I'd like the least. Turns out, it's one of the ones I like the most. I'm always leery of rose 'cause sometimes it goes a bit sharp and, well, haywire, on my skin. But this is soft and creamy, and not too overpowering. I'm starting to think I need a full bottle.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just tried out my sample of this and it's a full bottle for sure! I think this will be perfect for spring: the rose is gorgeous and definitely attar of Rose (which smells more resin-y and less flowery to me), a deep rich smell. With the buttercream it becomes so richly delicious I can taste it! This would probably be a little too heavy for me in really hot weather, but it's going to be just perfect for mild balmy temperatures.

This one was the fragranced water I was most looking forward to. It didn't quite turn out as expected. The buttercream was quite overwhelming and had a somewhat sour note behind it. It had a long drydown with that strong scent and now it is a faint sweet vanilla with a hint of floral (which I can barely decipher as rose). My skin ate it up almost as much as the Tropical Cupcake one. If I slathered and let it drydown it would probably work for me, but I would have to wait about 30-45 mins.