Always A Lady

Beccah

AD-AlwaysALady-LovePotion.jpg

Always a Lady
This youthful yet sophisticated fruity floral will ensure you are the object of everyone's fascination! A soft bouquet featuring five types of roses, scattered with dewy droplets of sweet strawberry, mango, raspberry and tangerine, all resting upon a base of oak and chypre. Within a seeming veil of innocence is the elegant comportment of a true lady.

This sounds gorgeous and so lady-like, I love feminine scents! I cannot wait to read some reviews of this LP! :bday1029:

Knock me over with a feather. Not only do I like the chypre in here, but I think I can wear it!! Sophisticated but not old ladyish by any stretch of the imagination. The rose is dominant but not overpowering. I'm getting sweetness from the fruit, but to my nose, it isn't identifiable as strawberry or whatnot, and I don't get any citrus at all. I think I'm having a scent memory or something, because this smells like babies to me, and there really isn't a thing in here that should smell like babies!! This makes me want to bury my face in baby hair, though!

Wow wet this smells GLORIOUS!!!! I get sweet juicy notes, that dries into soft roses, not pointy roses, these are softer roses, like a whisper of roses which then turns into a sexy musky scent!!! The dry down reminds me of spotter leopard a bit, it has that sheer sexy musk thing going on, wow I really love this!!!!! This is is a tease!!! I love how the roses for me, turn into the chypre! This would be great paired with LFM or LFN, but I wonder if the cops would change the smell.

I love rose, so I had to get a fb of this one! It's really unique because I can smell the woods with the rose, so the rose isn't too strong. It reminds me of a cute cottage in the woods with a rose garden. Very nice!

That's what it reminded me of too! A garden patio with juicy fruits in the woods

LOL! Everyone's been saying how ladylike this scent is, and I kept thinking, "Nope, it's not an Eggers scent". I was wrong. Of course I was. When will I ever learn? Turns out it's one of my favourites from the February releases. It's beautiful. And ladylike. But it's a ladylike even Eggers can pull off. Maybe...

Always A Lady...I will never rush to judge a scent until it has sat quietly for awhile,again :D This is a beautiful vanilla rose on me,or so I thought till I remembered I had on Hungry Heart earlier and fairly nearby,this is so classy,but I could see this boosted with Leather as a powerful stealth scent...heh :666:

Always A Lady...I will never rush to judge a scent until it has sat quietly for awhile,again :D This is a beautiful vanilla rose on me,or so I thought till I remembered I had on Hungry Heart earlier and fairly nearby,this is so classy,but I could see this boosted with Leather as a powerful stealth scent...heh :666:

oooh Leather! I have to play around with Leather more. That's a sneaky combo Missy!

ooooh, yeah, Leather Calii, that will be great. It is good with the Intellectual Men and cops blend too.

I am really, really liking this one. I'm getting a little citrus today, but still, the baby feel. How bizarre! Anyway...this is going on my list of "to buys."

I dont really like roses but this one I really like! the fruits temper the roses and meld together they smell fresh and sweet.I just might get a bottle ..a great springtime fragrance.so many potions in this month that I really love!

• 2 weeks later...

This is really beautiful. I get mostly roses, strawberries and raspberries. After half an hour on my skin, the scent gets even more complex. I can imagine wearing it with Popularity Potion, Cougar, SS4W or even with H&S. And it's also an office friendly scent.

• 3 weeks later...

This one starts out watery and fresh; it almost is aquatic and reminded me of "Mermaids of Atlantis". Later the florals come more forward, and I can pick out rose but it's not overbearing. This is a classy floral that makes me think "old Hollywood" for some reason.

Edited by Darbla

I love the beginning of this one, it sort of reminds me of May's Dessert Dream. I love gourmand rose scents, and this one starts out so pretty and sweet. The roses evolve into an ornate kind of aura in the drydown and it's lovely but I think the base makes it a little too deep for me.

• 4 months later...

This is a very lady-like scent. I am finding that I am not too fond of rose scents as much as I thought I would. Rose seems to be a little too classy for me, at least this one is with the deep, rich base. The fruit tames it down a little but I don't think this is sweet enough for me to pull off. Maybe if I was wearing a vintage outfit or a long dress with full coverage lol. Lovely scent, but not for me.

• 1 year later...

Happily, one that worked out today after the last two days of either my husband or me not liking the scent. Himself has stated this one is "not bad;" however, I quite like it. My first impression of it was, "I like it; elegant. Perfumey. Can really smell the roses." On my skin it stays much the same. I cannot smell any fruit.

These are baby pink roses to my nose. Not too heady. Just a nice, pretty, rose scent. Soft and velvety rose petals. I want to scent my bathwater with it or something. I don't know if I'd go for a full bottle, just because there are SO MANY other scents I adore...I like roses, but do I love them enough to commit? I dunno. Not right now.

• 1 month later...

Dang it! I so do love roses. I grow old antique rose bushes and cannot get enough of them. On my skin this becomes amped into the ozone..perhaps the combo of fruits and roses are having a tift. This one is absolutely going into the new scent lockets. I know this is swoonalicious. If it won't play nice on my skin, then into the beautiful filigree cage it goes. Bwaahahah!