Dance With Desire

Beccah

either way, I *have* to have this one. I'm a salsa dancer, it's meant to be...

Get on it, girl! It's singin' your name!

You ladies know there's a Sugared Tuberose too right

I do. I will be ordering a little sniffie of that to play around with. & It's layer-able ~ *bonus*. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

I do. I will be ordering a little sniffie of that to play around with. & It's layer-able ~ *bonus*. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

Sadly you can't. The Sugared collection does not come in either regular sample or sniffie sized samples. Your only chance to try it in sample size would be if someone decants one from their bottle for you. Bella has done a couple decant circles and I think it was Saffron who was selling decants on her trade page. So maybe check their trade pages. The good news though, is that the Sugareds are available in two sized bottles. Regular 1/3 oz bottles and a smaller 1/6 oz bottle for $15.

Thanks so much, Halo! Crucial info. I have to say ~ 1/6 oz for $15 is a pretty *sweet* deal. & Will most certainly scope out trade pages for other Sugareds I want to try. Appreciate it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

This concoction is turning out to be an interesting adventure. Right out of the bottle it smells... Nutty! Hmm? I know. Like opening a can of salted nuts. Surely, 'tis the cocoa butter. And then a twinge of tuberose at the end.

On my skin-- from application to about 15 minutes in -- the nuttiness disappears and it's primarily cocoa butter and musk. The latter going into the... Errm... skank territory. Like whoa. Unapologetically so. About 30 minutes in, the skank settles down and gives way to the tuberose and vanilla to dance their way through. At this point it's pretty much cocoa butter & vanilla w/tuberose at the edges. The tuberose is warm & sensuous. Not loud though. It's very light (on myself). I wish it were more pronounced on me. From 30mins to about an hour in it's a pretty and creamy fragrance.

But THEN....... She disappears! The scent completely disappears on me about an 1hr+ right when it starts to unveil it's pretty! *gasp* What a tease! Will give it some time and see how this one ages. :) Hope more tube comes through.

I'm wearing my trial of this one today. It is very tuberose forward on me and at first it is a little bit in the grandma territory. However I am considering a FB of this one as once it settles in it really softens up as the vanilla does it's thing. I'm only getting a very slight hint of the musk which is loitering around in shadows and this is predominantly tuberose and vanilla with maybe just the vaguest whiff of cocoa butter. This is a very potent scent and a little goes a long way.

I've added it to my possibly/maybe FB list.

• 1 month later...

My experience today was similar to BelleDuJour's. Lovely in the sample vial, but gone on my skin within the hour. So this intrepid forum member decided to experiment and sacrificed the entire sample into a spray bottle, added EverClear 50/50 and started to spritz myself...and spritz....until suddenly I had used up the entire concoction in one application. I check with hubby and the kids and they could barely smell it either " sorta like chocolate". It was a warm summer evening here and finally with the added heat it started to bloom, a pretty mildly floral musk that stayed very close to my skin. Actually ended up being quite lovely despite my sweat, it mingled with my own body scent. I would consider this one of the mildest scents I have worn from LPMP

• 3 months later...

Just got a fb of this in a trade. Wow, I don't know how I missed this! I love it so much! The tuberose is lovely. My skin seems to eat up cocoa butter quickly, but I like the remaining notes just fine.

• 1 year later...
Luna's description really does it for me. I can 100% envision Dance with Desire's story evocation! And I feel like I understand the note's pairings better!

"Jack's family insisted he learn how to dance for his brother's wedding and despite his protests, the private lessons with his curvaceous vivacious instructor are proving to be of overwhelming interest! Isabel shows him that all women love men with great rhythm and in her arms he can learn an altogether enthralling brand of sensuality. But for all their intimacy on the dance floor, Isabel rebuffs Mark's attempts at romance. Can he convince her of his dedication both in desire and in dance?"

Tuberose stays pretty central with eager cocoa butter as its sidekick. That is the main sticking point for me, and is my first encounter with Tuberose. I really like this floral!

Vanilla is imperceptible to me, but I know it's a soft and slightly sweet base, and I don't think I've ever been able to pinpoint musk in anything except for this perfume. I can perceive the wearable factor, giving Dance with Desire a human element so I don't merely smell like a gift shop. ETA: On second wearing, I think I realize the magnetizing factor for me: cocoa butter + musk = :Sexy:

I am enjoying this chocolate and romance :love:

Edited by Ivysaur

• 3 months later...

I seem to have a long relationship to this scent. One of the first sniffees I ever received, I loved its dreamy quality. This was before I experienced so many of Mara’s scents. It got put on my list, purchased in last year’s sale, saved for February, and never worn. So, it seems like I’ve had it forever. It’s a candied floral. I get a blast of white chocolate, then a floral. A creamy, perfumey floral. The tuberose stands out and now it is a white slight juicy floral (as in it smells a teeny bit fruity). It is perfumey, but not pointy. It dries down to a vanilla musk rounded with tuberose.

• 3 weeks later...

So, at first this was SUPER STICKY sweet on me, which I did not like. About 20 mins in, the tuberose started to come out. It is a pretty scent, but not sure it is me. I might let it age a little and try it again. I love the tuberose, but if that sweetness overpowers it, I won't be able to take it.... it tends to make my head hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Cocoa Butter,

Hi. I'm really sorry I talked smack about you before and never invited you to any perfume parties. Now that I'm getting to see other side of you and getting to know you better, I see you are a very nice and friendly note. I hope you can find it in your sweet creamy heart to forgive me.

Love your new friend, Cheesy B

That's all I got tonight guys. I reckon I'll review this one better very soon!

Dear Cheesy:

Thanks for your note. It's okay you underestimated and probably thought I was just a note in boring lotions and sunscreens. See I am the cream part of chocolate and fine soaps and shampoos and I never melt when the weather gets hot. I blend well with just about every note out there. I am totally amazing and now you know it too. I forgive you.

--Cocoa Butter

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

Haha,thanks guys! Yeah I'm loving this one. I've been wearing it quite a bit lately. For one thing this one projects and lasts like a champ, and for another it's delicious! I came for the Tuberose and stayed for the cocoa butter! It's funny because truly, I didn't like cocoa butter before. It smelled 'dusty' on me. Made me think of candles in a thrift shop, all covered in a layer of dust that you just know will always be there. It's strange I know! It was like that in Coconut Breeze and the old Slave to Sin and a couple others. Not awful, but musty and dusty! But here, you Know it? All sweet and creamy with a little milky chocolate to it... beauteous! And just a fantastic mate for Tuberose. They help each other out. Both such Divas, but together they seem to be just perfect! I get a little musk and vanilla too, but it's pretty much all about the cocoa butter dipped Tuberose. I'm glad I took a chance on it!

And just a fantastic mate for Tuberose. They help each other out. Both such Divas, but together they seem to be just perfect!

Agreed. This scent was one of the inspirations for Pherodise - I felt it was an inspired pairing for sure!