Passionate Whispers

Beccah

AD-PassionateWhispers-LovePotion.jpg

Passionate Whispers
A delicate drift of perfumey scent, caressing one's senses with a sheer breath of femininity…a bouquet of dried woods – birch, oak, cedar and sandalwood – is enhanced with lovely soft amber and sheer musk, a powdery waft of dry vanilla, adorned with hibiscus and Madonna lily, then the crystalline sparkle of tiny accents of raspberry and pineapple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
HIBISCUS ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
MADONNA LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects, and breaks enchantments.
Prosperity, happiness, wealth, excitement.
BIRCH ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy.
It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
CEDAR ~ Purification, removing hexes, healing.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.

This is probably the scent of the month i am having the hardest time imagining. It's my perfumed whisker of the month!

I just got a sample of The Perfumed Whisker last month, and I love it! Geez, I will have to try this one, too. I'm gonna have to make some tough choices, I can't buy everything! ;(

this is one I wasn't sure I would like... but OMG, it's so pretty! Kind of along the lines of Sensual Harmony - so sophisticated and feminine. The woods and amber make it soft, the florals bring out the girly-ness, and the fruit rounds it out and it all just blends together beautifully...

Oh Molls, I agree completely! I'm trying this one out today and so far it's lovely. I can't say it is any one thing, but the sum total is a well balance of floral, fruit, and amber woods. This is one that can go anywhere. To work, to the beach, to a PTA meeting, out car shopping (which is what I am doing today). It is feminine, but not overly sweet. More a like clean and approachable perfumey scent. I'm not doing a very good job explaining this, but it is one that I am debating on getting a full bottle. I think it would be great in a spray.

Edited by greenergal

I hope you like it as much as I do DD! The LP long dry down on me is a wonderful vanilla with a touch of woodsyness. My daughter loves this too. I may have to get 2 bottles otherwise I may not see it again. :)

I'll let you know for sure how I like it, it smells great when I just now took a big whiff of it...

This is gorgeous!! The fruit adds a wonderful sweetness to the floral, and the sandalwood is freaking to die for in this. Stunning!!! The long dry down is very similar to Unisexy, but more feminine. This is a clean, sweet scent. It's sophisticated but girlish and sexy too! I can see myself wearing this to work, to the mall, or out for drinks with friends. I'm itching to wear it with some LFM.

DD, I wouldn't add BBM to this. I just don't know that it would go well.

I just put this on. It's a very pretty thing, isn't it. It's really morphing. Wet I can smell the floral and keep getting little wafts of pineapple and once of rasberry. Lovely powderiness in the background. I get the comparison to Unisexy. I will be curious to see how it dries down. I might be able to wear this one a lot which is a surprise.

I just put this on. It's a very pretty thing, isn't it. It's really morphing. Wet I can smell the floral and keep getting little wafts of pineapple and once of rasberry. Lovely powderiness in the background. I get the comparison to Unisexy. I will be curious to see how it dries down. I might be able to wear this one a lot which is a surprise.

the drydown is a little too sweet for me. I think this will be very popular

I think this one is one of my favourites from the Feb releases, it definitively is Mr Scrumptious's fave. It's a very delicate & feminine scent. Smells expensive. Initially it's a lovely fresh & delicate floral with hints of fruit. On drydown the base notes of non-foody vanilla, soft musk and light woody notes come through, but the florals also remain present even though they aren't on the forefront but more mellowed.

Wet: so far this is VERY sharply floral/fruit on me, with a hint of underlying softness. On *my* skin, it is not coming off as delicate, rather it's quite lush... Will have to see how this dries down.

ETA: very lush turned into TOO lush as it filled the room around me. A *very* rare wash-off for me...and I'll be happy to pass this sample on to one who might wish it - let me know!

Edited by katz

• 4 weeks later...

Wow spriteleigh, I've only had it on for about 10 minutes but ALL I get is fruit and floral! Wet, I said to the dog, "HAWAII!" He gave me side eye. It's ALL hibiscus and pineapple. Though pineapple is a favorite fruit of mine to eat, it sometimes takes scents sideways on me. Not here! Oh-- this latest sniff, ok, I'm picking up a bit of very blond sandalwood. But only cuz I know it's there.

Edited by tyvey

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so this is one of those I AM A GROWN-UP LADY scents on me, the floral aspect is really strong, likely bolstered by the woody aura underneath along with the musk, It's interesting, if it weren't for the choice of florals this could be a unisex scent. But it's just too heavy on me.

• 2 months later...

I tested this twice. This smelled nice in the bottle, but upon application it was unpleasant. Over time it morphed into something very smooth and delicate. Its very well blended. The only low point was that my skin ate it.

The second time I tested it I got some fruit that I didn't get before. It blossomed into something very faint, delicate, sophisticated, and elegant. It's clean, but its not like a laundry, outdoor breeze type of clean. There is a note of something deep (maybe musk) in the scent that kind of anchors it and prevents it from being totally airy. It is light -it reminds me of Xuehua Xing in this aspect in that it is so delicate. This is very perfume-y. It reminds me of Sugar Plum Fae or Upstairs Downstairs in that I found them both very perfume-y, but Passionate Whispers is perfume-y in a good way. This this is the only perfume-y type fragrance that I have tried that smells really good and doesn't remind me of cluttered dept store makeup counters. Someone told me that I smell like White Linen by Estee Lauder while I was wearing this.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This has morphed into a very soft and sexy scent for me. After the drydown I get a bit of a soft flower like petals scattered on your bed's silk sheets with the windows left open. It's very very soft and pretty. Not perfumey at all but very gentle and caressing. Almost nurturing.