Cocked & Loaded

Beccah

AD-CockedLoaded-LovePotion.jpg

In the spirit of some of our more popular men's scents we've come loaded for bear (metaphorically speaking)! A manly-man earthy sexy violet heart crafted of violet fragrance oil and violet leaf absolute then rounded out with balsamic amber, powdery oakmoss and two types of smooth golden sandalwood. Ladies, you will love this one, but we kindly request that you let the fellahs have some too!

I am looking forward to trying this one as Bodice Ripper was one of the first LPs I tried and really liked.

• 2 weeks later...

This one is nice, guys!! Don't be scared of the violet. It's the crowning glory on this, adding just the perfect amount of sweetness. I don't smell too much sandalwood, but the oakmoss is really nice in this. Nice, dark masculine scent. I can't stop sniffing the vial!

I really like this one, but for myself rather than for Mr Scrumptious. It may just be my skin chemistry but I don't think mr S would agree this is unisex. On me this is mainly violet, and quite sweet too, it smells very much like candied violets. C&L is definitively both more floral & sweeter than Velvet Moss & Boddice Ripper.

From the daily thread,should be here too,duh :D

"Oh yum,this smells good, what a sexy head turner on a man...yeah,a manly man :001_302: this begs to be boosted with Charisma,or SS4M ,hmmmm,maybe even Heart Throb :P

...oh wait did not see QG's MVP post,oh yeah that'll work too...heh

Boddice Ripper was my first favorite LP scent which was funny because I was really very unsure of it because it said the word "violet". But Mara assured me it was a deep manly violet and although I could not picture it, I took her word or it and ordered a sample. And I really liked it from the first sniff. As the supply of Boddice Ripper and Velvet Moss was running out, Mara mentioned that she was going to create another men's violet based LP. And so we have Cocked & Loaded.

Cocked and Loaded is defintitely a violet scent. If you have tried Boddice Ripper or Velvet Moss, I will tell you that Cocked and Loaded is not a rebrew of either one. This violet is not as deep as Boddice Ripper and it does come across as balanced on my skin as Velvet Moss. The violet of Cocked and Loaded is a lighter violet, much more floral and sweet like Rosebud said. In fact I can see how women who can wear unisex scents could easily wear this scent also. But make no mistake - the violet in Cocked and Loaded is deep enough that a guy can wear it. For some reason, I do not get any sense of the other ingredients until it has been on my skin for a couple hours.

I think Cocked and Loaded would be a good choice for a lighter summer scent.

Boddice Ripper was my first favorite LP scent which was funny because I was really very unsure of it because it said the word "violet". But Mara assured me it was a deep manly violet and although I could not picture it, I took her word or it and ordered a sample. And I really liked it from the first sniff. As the supply of Boddice Ripper and Velvet Moss was running out, Mara mentioned that she was going to create another men's violet based LP. And so we have Cocked & Loaded...................................................

GREAT review, sir!!! I wanted to see how you liked this one. I've been planning on getting it for myself and was wondering about Mr. Matt. Judging from your experience with it, Matt might wear it beautifully. It's so good to have a ManThing such as yourself giving us succinct, thoughtful input. :CHEERS~19: Cheers!

• 1 month later...
If you have tried Boddice Ripper or Velvet Moss, I will tell you that Cocked and Loaded is not a rebrew of either one.

No, it wasn't meant to be, just reminscent of the other two.

Quince wasn't feeling this one, he said the violet was "weird" on him. Admittedly there's something sour about it on me, although the drydown is nice in regards to the smooth deep quality of the resins. But this sort of scent isn't really my thing either.

I've only tried this on me...will have to test it on Mr. Matt. First off--I love a lot of violet notes. So far, though, I'm iffy on Cocked & Loaded. It starts out really nice. The long drydown, however, does this thing that some violety scents will do on me. I can't describe it properly...but it's kind of like it goes a little too light and almost metallic. Maybe. I guess I do better with sugary violets, or else there's a common note in a handful of scents that I haven't sussed out yet that does this on my skin.

Wow I can't see this on a man AT ALL! On me it's a filmy silky lacy negligee-strewn, all-white boudoir and vanity table with a baseball mitt sized mink powder puff in a huge powder canister. It's Marilyn Monroe in her kitten-innocent-sexy mode. It could not be more girly. Maybe because it's suuuuper powdery on me topped with violet candy pastilles. It's a sheerer, much more princessy Violet Moss. So glad I put it on for sleep!!

Wow I can't see this on a man AT ALL! On me it's a filmy silky lacy negligee-strewn, all-white boudoir and vanity table with a baseball mitt sized mink powder puff in a huge powder canister. It's Marilyn Monroe in her kitten-innocent-sexy mode. It could not be more girly. Maybe because it's suuuuper powdery on me topped with violet candy pastilles. It's a sheerer, much more princessy Violet Moss. So glad I put it on for sleep!!

I have only smelled it in the vial but I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm not even going to kid myself and show it to Michael if it is even close to how girly it smelled in the vial.!

I have only smelled it in the vial but I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm not even going to kid myself and show it to Michael if it is even close to how girly it smelled in the vial.!

It is a much lighter violet than Boddice Ripper.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow! I am just getting around to trying this one out and BOY! This is beautiful! I think I am smelling a powdery violet in a land of oakmoss.. It feels /smells very very cold like a shiny metal gun that has been in the freezer then falls into a bag full of powdery oakmoss. This is very pretty! This is a total date night scent. Because it feels like night time.

• 1 year later...

I just put this on (from a sniffee) and I really l like it! My concern is that the oakmoss might come across as too powdery for my beautiful bride. She's not a fan of that. She's more into the resinous or spicy scents and this might not do it for her. Oh well, I'll just wear it when she's not around.

• 6 months later...

Hm, at first this one IS pretty girly. As mentioned, the top notes are a very sweet, very powdery Parma violet with lots of fluffy oakmoss, and it is pretty and feminine in that stage. After it's been on about an hour though, the sandalwood comes along and mans things up a bit. It really doesn't smell like Velvet Moss at all to me, the violet here is much sweeter and brighter. In the dry down though, it's quite unisex and I can definitely see a man enjoying it(not that I even really feel like perfumes should be gender specific anyway, but I get why people do). I'm not really feeling much Amber in here, although it does last a good amount of time and there's a vaugely musky thing happening deep into the dry down(three hour mark) that's probably it.

For me personally, I really like it! I love violets and sandalwood and big thanks to McCreepers for sending her sample along to me!

• 3 months later...

I remember this being a well blended clean unisex scent that just never really resonated with me, though I can easily see it's appeal.

Violets are one of those notes I would wave hello to in a crowded cafeteria but would not choose to sit next to if I had my preference.

And yay Cheesy! I'm glad it went to a home where it will be appreciated :D

Edited by mcreepers