Mixing UN pheros with Perfume Oils at home

I understand that some of you mix small bottles of your UNs with your perfume oils at home instead of applying an UNscented phero to your skin & covering perfume. I'm wondering how you go about it.

I did a bit of research in this thread and found that to add EoW to a lighter perfume, you could start with adding as few as 3 drops, and that 30 drops is "OCCO strength", which I don't want to do unless the perfume is very hardy. And then I found that Mara had suggested, (I think to Raq On), that when blending Sexpionage with a scent in a 1/3 oz bottle, to start with about 10 drops(?), (if I could find the thread, I might be able to be more accurate - maybe even quote! - but I can't find it :( ).

But what about regular, non-stinky, or less-stinky pheros? If I were adding, say, Heart & Soul, or Lace, or Balm Bomb (non-stinky), or Bang!, or Sexology, Cuddle Bunny or BI, (getting gradually stinkier here), how many drops of UNscented phero do you start with, presuming you're adding it to a 1/3 oz bottle of perfume?

I'm actually thinking about getting some of the 1/6 oz roll-on bottles to experiment with, but I'd like to get some guidelines using the 1/3 oz bottles as a baseline.

I know a bunch of you also mix up your own mini-sprays/pheros. How do you do that??? How much phero? How much perfume oil? How much perfumer's alcohol, (if you use it).

It never occurred to me to do this at home before, but I gather that quite a few of you do this, and I wanna try. I think my pheros might be more effective if I were to mix them ahead of time, rather than trying to remember how much of each different one I have to apply to bare skin in order to get the "proper" response. I was thinking about having Mara boost some perfumes for me, but since I tend to wear certain pheros with several perfumes, (and vice versa), boosting everything I wanna boost would definitely be cost-prohibitive. But I'm all about the versatility, so I'm thinking about boosting stuff myself, on a tiny scale, at home. Any help/guidelines/experience any of you could offer so that I don't muck it all up would be much appreciated. :)

I'm sure NuTrix or someone more experienced will chime in to help... All I've ever done is add scent to the trial phero sprays, which works fine for me. Depending on what form the phero is in (oil/alcohol) I would think that might affect the perfume... Like say you added a phero in alcohol to a bottle of perfume in oil - would that make the perfume "thinner" and more apt to leak or come out the bottle faster?

I think it would make it runnier, Molls - I remember Mara saying that somewhere.

I don't usually use pheros in alcohol with the exception of Topper, the little trial sprays and the "pheromas" like Rainbow Falls or Strange Attractors, and a bottle of UN Sexology that I got in a trade, and which I've added Sugared Honeycomb to, to foil the stench of cops and alcohol. (PU!).

I'd be using both pheros and perfumes in oil for the most part. I much prefer the oils - they feel more natural to use, and because of all the EOs I've used in the past, I'm accustomed to them.

As far as making sprays goes, I was just wondering how people do them at home "from scratch", because there are a few that I kind of like in a spray, like Balm Bomb, and Treasured Hearts, and I'd like to make little sprays of those, but I don't know how to go about it, save using my trial spray bottles, which I'm quickly running out of :o and would rather not use.

Mara has the little 6ml spray bottles in the Artfire store, I think they are sold in a 5 pk for $7.50 (I may have been looking for myself yesterday, lol). Then I thought about getting a do-it-yourself spray kit, so I coud use some of the alcohol from it in the little spray bottles, so I could make sprays out of some my scents.

I was looking at those, too - those little spray bottles. They're perfect for carrying with you in a teeny purse. Not that I often carry teeny purses, but I'm often at shows, which means my pockets are overflowing with perfume bottles! :lol: Smaller would definitely be better!

I was looking for perfumerie alcohol online the other day, and found a store just on the other side of my hometown that sells perfumerie supplies like perfumer's alcohol, pipettes and a million and one different kinds of bottles - except roller bottles, (WTHeck?). I might pop over there while I'm on holidays & see what other goodies they have.

I'm gonna pick up a few roller bottles from LP in my next order. Pipettes too. I just need to figure out how much of the phero blends I should start with! Lol! Should be fun to play around a bit. I'll be interested to see if I get a more consistent response if I mix my pheros/perfumes beforehand, rather than applying on skin.

Mara has some spray set-ups which are the easiest way to do a spray....it is pre-measured so you can just pour the bottle of scent/phero/whatever in it.

I have mixed unscented pheros with scents tons of times. But for me, I like a larger ratio of phero to scent..... that is because the Un pheros are already in a carrier. I like my Un pheros in silicone generally, and I will mix them 50/50 (IF IT IS NON-STINKY). They have to be shaken every time because of the silicone, but that is just the nature of the beast.

Now EoW, or a cop-loaded blend is different.....start with a few drops, give it at least 24 hrs for the EoW to bloom, and then add more if desired.

Edited by Dolly

Thanks Dolly. That's actually what had me confused - that the pheros are already diluted in oil. So with the stinkies, start with a few drops, but with the non-stinkies, I can start with more?

What I'd really like to do is get some 1/6 oz roller bottles so that I can boost one scent with 2 or more pheros, 'cause I tend to wear each scent with at least two different pheros, sometimes more, (not at the same time!). And I'm toying with the idea of making a few sprays, but I'm not a fan of the alcohol scent, so I see myself doing this less often than oils. I don't really plan to do either a whole-whole lot. But it would be nice to know *how* to do it before I give it a whirl. :)

Now EoW, or a cop-loaded blend is different.....start with a few drops, give it at least 24 hrs for the EoW to bloom, and then add more if desired.

:yeahthat: ... trust me,this stuff can take on a life of it own :o you can always slowly add more but it is sad sad to ruin a bottle of a fav ~ le sigh

ps those little blue ones are neat :D

I don't really wanna ruin any of my lovely perfumes! That's why I'm asking so many annoying and complicated questions! :lol:

I kinda like the idea of EoW boosts being on the light side anyway. I was kinda sorta aiming for maybe 3-10 drops when I do decide to boost something. Mara says you can get a reaction from just a few drops per gallon of carrier, so I figure I'll start really low. I don't need an "OCCO Load" in every perfume, but a little extra sparkle might be nice. ;)

I like those little blue bottles, too. I like the metal roller. Looks like it would feel nice on your skin. :)