Love Potion: Gold 2013

Beccah

Oh my gosh, something has happened to this and it has become TO DIE FOR on my skin. To freaking die for!!!!! I think I like it better than Honeyed LP!

It's a sluttier creamier version and I love!! Do I get it boosted or not? I don't know I need to decide quick!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a sluttier creamier version and I love!! Do I get it boosted or not? I don't know I need to decide quick!

I'm not much of a booster, but if I did, I'd get Bang! or LFN for this one. Or just cops. It's begging for cops!

Edited by BlueBear

Sometimes I use different versions of the same ingredients - like using a non-foody vanilla if I am going for a more elegant style, like in LP White. But in this case, I am using the same rich delicious vanilla, patch and amber and layering with additional ingredients.

I'm the same!! I just can't wear anything chocolate, even cocoa butter. So strange... given I love eating it!!

AFter Mara's reply to my question I was sold, but now with the grapefruit and cocoa, I'm on the fence...

Does Coconut breeze have chic. notes in it??? That explains the note I couldn't quite put my finger on.

This definitely needs to rest and age a bit for my taste. In the bottle I get the citrus with that underlying LP creaminess but on my skin it's all patchouli and lemongrass right now.

I get all patch and grapefruit. My skin likes to amp those.

This definitely needs to rest and age a bit for my taste. In the bottle I get the citrus with that underlying LP creaminess but on my skin it's all patchouli and lemongrass right now.

Luna, thanks for mentioning this, I think with the lemongrass, I'm going to pass on this one. Lemongrass always scares me in a scent and if its prominent it will not work on my skin

I've got this on to test and I'm really amping the patchouli, but I do with anything with patch - at first - & I get the honey too, so let's see where it is in an hour...

EDIT:

Oh No! The Patch is so amping on this one! It's not all I'm getting but it's so strong that it's overwhelming everything else :( I may need to let this one sit and try it again in a week :'(

Edited by NuTrix

So I have Honeyed Lp on my left wrist and LP Gold on my right.

I'm amping the grapefruit like crazy so this is reminding me very much of scented Cougar. With a patchouli base. It's very unusual and unique but I'm not 100% sure on it yet. Maybe layered with Un-Cougar?

I was thinking this was going to remind me a bit of Money Honey (which also has grapefruit and patchouli) besides the comparison to the original LP Gold, but in a couple months I'll be able to judge it better, I imagine.

OH! I WANT TO LOVE THIS! Because I adore LP O and Honeyed LP but the patch went crazy on me last night for some reason :'(

Trying again today...

At first roll on I get the cocoa butter...and honey? Ohh, nice start. I think I the get the lemon grass or Pink grapefruit...or both? But I can smell more than the patch today. Is the orange, the orange blossom flower? I think I'm even getting the vanilla!?! How can this be so different just OVERNIGHT to me?!

You know. This isn't the FIRST time I've put on an LP and thought..."OH, I don't know about this one!" Only to wear it again later and be, "How did I not smell this the first time I wore it?"

WHAT is THAT all about?!

Anyone? :huh:

EDIT:

OK. After Luna's incredibly insightful post below, and having this on again today....I take back every word of apprehension about this one! It has settled out to a creamy delight. The patch never amped today - at all. I LOVE the vanilla buttery honey amber I'm getting now that the crispness of the lemon grass? grapefruit? and/or orange? has settled. It's just DREAMY! WINWINWIN!!! SO HAPPY :D

Edited by NuTrix

As we've commented on other threads, oil-based artisan fragrance is an evolving medium - it's like wine. It changes as it ages, but also when it's in transit it's going to be affected by temperature - that's what we refer to as "travel shock." So that's why sometimes it's better to let them "rest" when they get to you rather than trying them right out of the box (yes this is impossible, even for me, but I still think it's a good idea).

They are released newly-brewed, usually, so always try things more than once to decide if you like it or not, because it's probably not going to be exactly the same as before.

As we've commented on other threads, oil-based artisan fragrance is an evolving medium - it's like wine. It changes as it ages, but also when it's in transit it's going to be affected by temperature - that's what we refer to as "travel shock." So that's why sometimes it's better to let them "rest" when they get to you rather than trying them right out of the box (yes this is impossible, even for me, but I still think it's a good idea).

They are released newly-brewed, usually, so always try things more than once to decide if you like it or not, because it's probably not going to be exactly the same as before.

Travel shock? I had actually pulled it out of the post box last night right before trying it! (hadn't realized it was delivered the day before because I wasn't expecting to see it until this week!) I'm on the East coast so there's driving, flying, heat, cold...all kinds of good stuff for my poor lil' packages to go through before they get to me. That would make sense of it for sure! Thank you Luna! I'm just astounded by the difference and I'm GLAD there's an explanation because, well, crazy would be such a short trip for me :rolleyes: Seriously, today I cannot STOP huffing my arm, where last night it was all I could muster not to wash it off :o I will completely keep this in mind with future orders! I don't understand it, but it must be true because it is a completely different perfume today! SOOOO glad I haven't gone completely mental...at least not yet. Thank you, Luna, for saving my mind, at least this time :)

Edited by NuTrix

I have issues with chocolate notes and the occasional cocoa butter. The first half hour of this is not so hot on my skin, but then the cocoa butter scent goes away, and this is positively gorgeous for the next several hours. I'm about 13 hours in, and a soft, chocolately vanilla is coming out and it is to die for!!!!!!! I'm so glad I didn't freak out and wash this off when I first tried it. This is rising quickly on my list of favorites!

I'm the same BB...I really didn't think this was going to work for me, but it's sooooooooo freaking good on me. Honestly, I don't get one note over any other...they just all blend perfectly. It actually reminds me of a commercial scent, but I can't remember which one.

I'm the same BB...I really didn't think this was going to work for me, but it's sooooooooo freaking good on me. Honestly, I don't get one note over any other...they just all blend perfectly. It actually reminds me of a commercial scent, but I can't remember which one.

You know, it does vaguely for me too. Something one of my aunts wears.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this, but it's SCREAMING cocoa butter, while I like cocoa butter I wish I'd get more of the Patchouli

gonna have to come back to this one, need to let it age a bit

Mmmmmm, I will definitely get more, and boosted!!!

The cocoa butter is quite strong wet, but the dry-down is gorgeous and so well blended I can barely pick out the individual notes. Sometimes I get a hint of patch, others is the aura of lemongrass/grapefruit, but mostly it's a warm, bright skin scent.

I'll probably do with LFM, although this would also be great with SS4W, or Perfect Match! I wouldn't add cops to the bottle, I think it would alter the scent too much for me, but this would be fine with OCCO White or Ambrosia.

DD - It's creamy vanilla yumminess! You have to at LEAST try it! :)

I really like the dry-down of LP Gold - it's really pretty, sexy even. But it's very earthy to start, and the earthiness hangs around a bit too long for my tastes. Maybe I'm just impatient, but it seems to take an awfully long time to get to the really great part. With so many other awesome scents to choose from, I'm happy to leave this to those who love it.

haha, I probably won't keep it for long, don't worry. I think it's better to pass along the love, esp when there are so many others that make me drool... but I keep finding myself wishing I had given some of the ones I traded another chance, you know?

You know...i don't think I've ever really regretted one that I've given up. Sometimes I think i do, and I get a sample again, and then I'm like, "Yeah...this still doesn't work for me."

I am glad i didn't wash this one off like i thought to do. but then again, i get to the wonderfulness fairly quickly, like 30 to 45 minutes.

You know...i don't think I've ever really regretted one that I've given up. Sometimes I think i do, and I get a sample again, and then I'm like, "Yeah...this still doesn't work for me."

I am glad i didn't wash this one off like i thought to do. but then again, i get to the wonderfulness fairly quickly, like 30 to 45 minutes.

Ah... See, for me it was taking a lot longer than that. The first time I had it on, it was at least an hour and a half before it started to smell pretty on me.

I'm glad you did, thanks for selling it to me...

:lol: You're welcome!

I was going to wear Odalisque but spied LP Gold 2013 and, well, the rest is history...

When I first put it on hubby said - "I smell chocolate!"

It's 12 hours later and it's a creamy vanilla deliciousness.....puuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr.

Had a co-worker at break coo over me when he got a whiff, lol, and he wound up sitting next to me until I left :rolleyes: Another co-worker is almost always telling me how delicious I smell when I have on my LPs that are any kind of foodie. Even my gf conceded that, in spite of it having patchouli, it smelled pretty good. She cannot STAND patch and I DO try to wear non patch scents when we're together because she's so sensitive to it - even if it isn't the dominant scent....even if it's the teensiest nothing in the background...she'll pick it out. Great nose on that girl! :lol:

That's how I am about patch too. It makes me so sad because I really want to love the LP variants but the patch KILLS it for me. Especially this version of Gold which is so patch heavy in the vial, I can't even try it on. But luckily I do have a vial of LP Gold Original which is much lighter on the patch. I can wear that one for about a half an hour before the patch comes out.