Love Potion: Gold 2013

Beccah

Ooh, I just ordered this and reading your reviews makes me feel excited. My friends have always told me I'm the most intuitive of the bunch and if something amplifies that even slightly, I'm a happy camper. Plus, I heart lemongrass.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was quite surprised with this sample! I was expecting it to be similar to LP Humidity and it was completely opposite! I am actually quite pleased with the blatant differences too. It is very sensual and stirred up some things in my body after huffing my arm multiple times. It also has kept morphing every time I've sniffed it! At first it had a sharp honey smell, then it went all cocoa on me, now it isa well-rounded blend of citrus, honey and chocolate/cocoa. But it has a syrupy, warm, gooey feel to it that is veeery rich. A very sexy scent that would handle Cops quite well (I'm almost positive). It reminds me of something in my childhood that I smelled too... but I can't put my finger on it. I am quite in love with this chocolate-honey scent.

"A very sexy scent that would handle Cops quite well"

Yup!...I copped mine and now it lives with my "phero enhanced" fragrances :D

LP Gold 2013 VANILLA, COCOA BUTTER, AMBER, HONEY, PATCHOULI, PINK GRAPEFRUIT, ORANGE, LEMON GRASS

It's weird. I wear this and first off I get the Patch, lemongrass, orange and grapefruit (at least that's what I think my nose is getting, lol) but hubby gets the cocoa butter and vanilla right away where as I don't pick up on it until later. This one is a sultry, scummy scent to me that just intensifies in depth over time...and it LASTS and LASTS. Really a favorite!

NuTrix:

I'm more like your hubby.. At first i get cocoa butter on top of that LP base and a warm glowy citrus. It all eventually blends to one sensual finish.

Chai:

I'm guessing your bottle has had time to age, right?

Darn, that's a shame. :(

Edited by StacyK

It's not like cocoa honey. They are both very sensual and give a warm feel but IMO thats where it ends. This is not honey dominant.

The Cocoa butter is like " cocoa butter" I don't get a white chocolate off LP Gold the way I do from say Halos Cocoa Lily but you may?

Cocoa Honey is more dark chocolate Honey base. ;)

Luna gave a breakdown on the Cocoa Honey thread.

Edited by StacyK

I just recently tried this and it is really nice. Coco butter is the dominant note while wet, then the honey comes out. Several hours later the amber and patchouli waft out like thin tendrils of incense underlain by skin musk.

See, Nutrix, all notes which SHOULD play well on my skin and have always done so in the past! I ordered a FB unsniffed because I just KNEW it would work for me! Imagine the biggest pouty face ever ... That's my expression!

How many times have you worn it now? Maybe tuck it away and try it again in a couple of weeks? I see the pouty face :Emoticons04284: and I'm hoping it's only temporary :Hug_emoticon:

NuTrix:

I'm more like your hubby.. At first i get cocoa butter on top of that LP base and a warm glowy citrus. It all eventually blends to one sensual finish.

I'm not...or I should say, prior to LP I wasn't....a big fan of patchouli, but this one, even though at certain stages is patch forward, is so well blended and such a smexy, sultry scent that all those old notions of patchouli being an immediate nose crinkler are put shamefully to the test and LOSE.

The amazing perfumes here really have me rethinking EVERYTHING I ever thought about SCENT. For cryin' out loud...I've only just learned you can truly bottle the scent of the sea? WHO DOES THAT?! Da Mawa! LP freaggin' ROCKS!

I have the same issue as Chai in that mine feels a bit off to me. It's definitely a great fragrsnce but I'm amping the cocoa butter like crazy so I wind up smelling like chocolate for a while. But hours later, the other notes emerge and I can tell how many layers and complexities are within this scent, so it makes me want to hold onto it and take it for a few more spins.

How many times have you worn it now? Maybe tuck it away and try it again in a couple of weeks? I see the pouty face :Emoticons04284: and I'm hoping it's only temporary :Hug_emoticon:

I'm not...or I should say, prior to LP I wasn't....a big fan of patchouli, but this one, even though at certain stages is patch forward, is so well blended and such a smexy, sultry scent that all those old notions of patchouli being an immediate nose crinkler are put shamefully to the test and LOSE.

The amazing perfumes here really have me rethinking EVERYTHING I ever thought about SCENT. For cryin' out loud...I've only just learned you can truly bottle the scent of the sea? WHO DOES THAT?! Da Mawa! LP freaggin' ROCKS!

I really get what your saying about "those old notions of patchouli,," Lol LOVE this scent for a few reasons..one is the fact that it moved me past the patch aversion which opened up a whole new dimension of scents for me. I can't imagine not having this scent in my life. :abfx:

"Smexy" I love it :thumbup:

LP Gold, has the feeling of the original LP’s with that added boost of honey. At first as others have mentioned it does go a bit sharp and pointy on me but then that dang lemongrass that hates me ever so, comes blasting out of nowhere and just slaps me down. This scent is so beautiful in the vial that I’m crushed that the lemongrass does me in on this one….

Finally after about 3 hours the lemongrass fades a bit but not enough to let all of the wonderful other notes bloom on my skin.

I keep trying my sample vial out hoping that at different times of the month this will morph into something else but alas, I think I have to give up on this one… boo hoo for me…

• 2 months later...

This one is a kind of gorgeous mix of complex gourmet dessert and delicious spring air thick with blossom nectar (and if that's not a real thing then it should be).

I was a tad afraid of the lemongrass, but I don't detect it as a separate note. The citrusey scents are all softly melded together and to me smell more like honeyed orange blossom than anything else (which is a very good thing). Add to that a dash of vanilla, a lovely thick drizzle of white chocolate (so this is what cocoa butter smells like? YUM!), and a hint of something slightly darker (amber) sitting quietly in the background like a pleasant scent shadow. There are no flowers in this I just realised, but the citrus and honey together make it feel slightly floral in a soft, yummy way.

It smells like a floral-toned dessert I have always wanted to try and never knew existed- something a genius chef would concoct in a moment of brilliant madness. I really want to get one in spray form so I can mist it all over my clothes, as it's not quite as long lasting as some others, and is subtle and delicate.

Edited by vladmyra

• 2 months later...

I have tried this one a few times....just can't make it work. I think I have the Lemon grass problem as well. I can wear grapefruit in Cougar Potion...but in this the Lemon Grass and the Grapefruit just blow up into a monster. I will let my sample age a bit longer and try again....maybe when I get some sugared Honeycomb it will sweeten up and layer nicely....lots more LPs to try.

• 6 months later...

Wow, the patch sniffed from the bottle is really really strong. I admit I had to work up the guts to try this as I wasn't sure what it would do on my skin. Am so glad I got that confidence, LOL.

I really love this one and the patchouli softens considerably once it dries down. The vanilla and cocoa butter together are yummy, slightly chocolatey together (reminded me a bit like Glamour Puss). The sweetness of these with the amber/honey and the patch together wore very soft on my skin, and not over-powering at all. I'm trying to think of the right words to describe, but this definitely was "golden" in scent, mostly from the cocoa butter. I didn't get any of the citrus or lemon grass, though tried this late in the day and will wear again all day long to see if my chemistry does something different.

I got a sample of this a while ago, and while it's still on my 'hopefully someday FB' list, I see I never did get around to reviewing it.

I got it out today because I was curious if I had any scents with cocoa butter - and this one does have that.

It's not a strong element of the scent for me; it lends a tiny bit of sweetness at the beginning, but it is far from overwhelming.

This starts out sort of dry on me, almost tart - with the cocoa butter the only warmth in it.

It's lovely though; sort of warm and golden in a papery dry way, like those leaves you get in the fall, that have been dried out for a long time and are now very fragile and sweet-smelling.

After about half an hour on my skin, most of the cocoa butter is gone, but some of the dryness as well; it's left behind a lovely, hazy, soft scent, somewhere inbetween a sweet, sheer golden floral and a kind of skin musk.

Very elegant, somehow, rather sophisticated and very, very lovely!

Apparently that lemongrass is working overtime on y'all. ;)

Totally late random question from last summer ;)

Luna is that what Lemongrass lends itself too?

Break out the lemongrass then. I wore this last week and had a similar phenom. to the intuitive stuff we discussed up thread but I just remembered your lemongrass comment. :)

I *think* lemongrass is also good for clearing out some neg energies and calling forth the good ones. So it's a muti-purpose tasker. I love some lemongrass in certain blends.

This one is a kind of gorgeous mix of complex gourmet dessert and delicious spring air thick with blossom nectar (and if that's not a real thing then it should be).

I was a tad afraid of the lemongrass, but I don't detect it as a separate note. The citrusey scents are all softly melded together and to me smell more like honeyed orange blossom than anything else (which is a very good thing). Add to that a dash of vanilla, a lovely thick drizzle of white chocolate (so this is what cocoa butter smells like? YUM!), and a hint of something slightly darker (amber) sitting quietly in the background like a pleasant scent shadow. There are no flowers in this I just realised, but the citrus and honey together make it feel slightly floral in a soft, yummy way.

It smells like a floral-toned dessert I have always wanted to try and never knew existed- something a genius chef would concoct in a moment of brilliant madness. I really want to get one in spray form so I can mist it all over my clothes, as it's not quite as long lasting as some others, and is subtle and delicate.

Hi Vlad - I know this is older post but love this review. I have LP Gold in trial - on my list to start testing soon - but has moved up on list due to this review. Gracias!

Hi IrishEyes - any updates with it having aged a bit now? I've been reading forums and so many indicate that aging can be key to allowing scent to develop more.

Edited by Beach Goddess

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I've had a bottle of this for about a year and not tested yet! What was I thinking?

This one is very subtle on me. The cocoa butter is quiet and creamy, I can't detect the patch at all, and the citrus notes are a delicate sparkle. I was afraid of the lemongrass but it's not calling attention to itself. I really slathered this on -- at first I felt like I couldn't smell it. Now I realize it's just a much softer scent than I was expecting, and I am enjoying my stealthy creamy cloud! It feels tremendously grown up and sophisticated, almost a little to much to be a "me" scent. But at the same time, I feel myself getting more grown-up and sophisticated and quietly gorgeous by the moment. I feel like some gorgeous European actress in her prime -- this is very sensual but it's an extremely integrated sensuality, if that makes sense. Not an in your face sexy. Just a shoulder shrugging "Of course I'm hot, why wouldn't I be?" kind of vibe. The longer I wear this, the more I like it. It would be perfect for an elegant outdoors summer cocktail party. Or glam wedding reception. But it would be equally great to wear to work and feel stealth sexy elegant.

Edited because apparently I suffered from a shortage of synonyms for "quiet", LOL.

Edited by Blackcat

Of course this ages beautifully. I definitely don't want to be without this one....or any of the other LP variants in my massive collection, lol!

I've tested twice and sad to say - though all the notes work well with me- my skin does something awful to this. I can't describe it at all - everything is morphed and amped awfully. I can't discern what is amping - but seems like any vanilla, cocoa butter or honey get left waay far behind. Very sad. In a way, it's good though since I've already found so many scents to LOVE at LP. But my skin doesn't play nice with this at all.

• 2 months later...

This is sunshine in a bottle for me. I get Seasonal Affective Disorder, and this helped me last night to get vibrations similar to summer back into my body. Therapeutic and emotional...thank you LMPM and to phergineer for the sample. It's a really long winter here in the Pacific Northwest, and my main goal right now is to find scents to help me get through it. LP Gold is on the top of the list.

This is sunshine in a bottle for me. I get Seasonal Affective Disorder, and this helped me last night to get vibrations similar to summer back into my body. Therapeutic and emotional...thank you LMPM and to phergineer for the sample. It's a really long winter here in the Pacific Northwest, and my main goal right now is to find scents to help me get through it. LP Gold is on the top of the list.

Androstenol, what an excellent idea!

November darkness has been kicking my butt hard (it's not just the few hours of daylight; the weather has been miserable, with fog and rain, so even when the sun is up it doesn't get properly light) and this might indeed be a great remedy.

Thank you! :)

Fortunately, I managed to get a whole bottle of it in the sale, so I can slather all I want.

Read something upthread about adding cops; that might be a really good idea, too... ;)

Glad you hear that worked out for you! :)

I spent 6 years in upstate New York, Buffalo/Rochester area, and I too suffered of SAD (I always thought the acronym for seasonal affective disorder is so appropriate!). If only I had found LP scents back then!

It looks like the new Open Windows - Lighting in A Bottle might be a good one for you to try as well.

How interesting !! Wore this with TMI to the movies for some excellent bonding time. Hubby: "ohhhh what is that...it smells like...something from my childhood, like...chocolate..." and my daughter: " I smell honey". I was perplexed, and I had not memorized the ingredient list, and I came back to this post to put 2 and 2 together...the cocoa butter :) and the honey :)

We were all standing in my scent cloud and each smelled a different scent. This is sooooooooooooooo incredible. Makes me wonder when we say 'my skin amps XYZ' how much of that is really our skin versus our unique perception of that scent.

• 5 months later...

Just got my trial vial of this and WOW! For the first bit, it was citrus and honey. Now, an hour later, it is honey and cocoa butter. But not foodie. More like the best suntan lotion I ever wore! I freaking love this. I want to bathe in this. I wish the grapefruit sparkle could have stayed, but I have been smelling this so much I am high. It is so well blended that while the cocoa butter is prominent, the pale honey amber is still right there, peeping through. Amazing for anyone like me who uses cocoa butter lotions, etc. Perfect perfect summer scent. I'm ordering 100 bottles. Well, maybe I will start with 1.

How is the staying power on this? Having a hard time typing I am so punch drunk off smelling this!

LP Gold is fairly long lasting on my skin as well. I've woken up, mornings after I've skipped a shower, & still had the scent lingering.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this from Hearts and I am glad I selected it from her list. It is, well, like gold and I love it! My version is the newer 2013 one. Out of the bottle I get strong lemongrass, more grass than lemon. But when I put it on, I immediately get a bright orange note, citrusey but mostly orange to my nose. I selected it for Spring, but it smells like a happy summer scent that’s on vacation and more of an evening scent. It is sweet and sexy without being dirty drying to a sweet cocoa butter. The patchouli is always under the surface which gives the sexy impression to me. There is no incense note in this Love Potion. It lasts, too. And just to add to the cocoa butter/chocolate discussion, my husband pronounced “chocolate” when he smelled it from the bottle and I got “lemongrass”. As a side note, in my introduction I referred to an elusive scent I remember from my childhood Mattel Barbie perfume maker titled “Barbie” and this is the closest I have gotten to finding that scent I remember (but with cocoa butter added). Perfection!

Just an update. I am truly in love with this. For me, the lemongrass doesn't show up at all. It's all honey and cocoa butter after a very short dry down. It gets a bit powdery and soft after a couple of hours but it stays on.

My new summer scent!!

• 4 months later...

Oh, yummmmmliciousness! I snagged a bottle of this in the sale and I wish I had gotten more. I did not expect to love the honey so much! At first, all I could smell was lemongrass, honey, and cocoa butter. I felt...blech. I am not a fan of cocoa butter, and I did NOT like the way it interacted with the honey. It felt disjointed, all hard edges and weird. Fast forward a bit and my eyes are rolling back in my head. The cocoa butter stands way, way down and it all melds together on my skin so perfectly in harmony with it that it seems almost as if it's ME that is generating the smell. It's gone warm and powdery, and maybe it's the citrus that makes the powder work for me in this one, because anything else that's gone to powder is just hopelessly acrid. This is a perfect late-summer scent, which means I can still wear it for a while because there are frequently 80 and 90+ degree days up until late December in these parts.

I feel this would go GREAT with Treasured Hearts, I'm going to try it out on Monday since I get to work with a prickly female director for most of the afternoon. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I saw my beloved LP Gold in the GGG section of Etsy & I had to act! My hoard is at 2 & 1/2 bottles + 1 spray. I feel like I should have grabbed more, but Incandescence was also on the endangered list & I only had 1 bottle of that in my stash. LP Gold feels like the most glamorous of the Love Potion variants. I think I shall cry if I ever get down to my last drop.

• 1 month later...

I slathered some of this on the other day in a lark, because I hadn't given it any love for so long. I fell in love all over again. Why haven't I been wearing this EVERY DAYYYY?? I initially thought of it as a summery scent, but this is actually amazing for our bright and sunny cold days here. The honey was even smuttier than I remember and the scent just lasts and lasts and lasts. I feel like a Queen Bee in a big, seething honeycomb. Which could be gross to some but I am a huge fan of bees so it feels alive and sexy to me. :D I layered this with PM this morning for a coffee date. I got stood up but I felt so freaking sexy I couldn't let it get me down. I told the guy I didn't want to hear his excuses, I want to hear how he is going to make it up to me and see some action to back up his words and I had other things to do so I wasn't going to be available to talk until tonight and no, I wasn't going to wait another 30 minutes for him to show up if you snooze you lose (literally - he overslept, haha).

This henceforth shall be known as my Queen Bee blend.

I really didn't like it when I sniffed it a few weeks ago. I decided to try it out today and it was better than in the vial. The honey did surface an hour or so and although it was quite pleasant. It is on the smutty side so I am unlikely to use at work or around my son who has preferences for lighter scents.

The cocoa butter is really prominent on my skin. This never felt seasonal to me, it just feels like a very "golden" type of scent. Very glamorous, imo.

• 3 weeks later...