Emerald City

Beccah

AD-EmeraldCity_1.jpg
GREEN & MISTY MUSKS ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SALTY SEA AIR & WATER ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.
WET GREEN MOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.

I am going to order a sample of this - it is so close to a PE I was considering. Complete with no florals!

Ah, this is nice! The sea note is divine, as usual! Smells like summer. The musk is perfect. Not to heavy, not to light. And believe it or not, the lime is adding the tiniest bit of sweetness. I think you fellows will like it. It's wearing just a bit too masculine for my tastes, but I will happily love on my little vial!

Ah, this is nice! The sea note is divine, as usual! Smells like summer. The musk is perfect. Not to heavy, not to light. And believe it or not, the lime is adding the tiniest bit of sweetness. I think you fellows will like it. It's wearing just a bit too masculine for my tastes, but I will happily love on my little vial!

I have become very impressed with Le Wiz's scents. They are very good and very masculine.

Wow this is really green all right, but in a completely different way from say Eye of the Storm. That is lush, leafy-juicy, and very wet. This one, incredible how it really evokes an emerald -- hard, shiny, and translucent and yet intensely richly green. It shares a little something with Christine's tropical musk. A touch too masculine for me to wear but I think this would be a fantastic room scent, may convert to room-spray.

• 3 weeks later...
It shares a little something with Christine's tropical musk.

See I was hoping it would for me as well, but it reminds me more of Lady of the Mist - like a male version of that scent. The marine (by which I mean sea spray or however you refer to it) aura of it is just on the side of a little too much for me, and it ends up going entirely soapy on me, like I'm actually in the shower. Thus I imagine Quince will like this one just fine. :P

• 2 weeks later...

This one came across as a combination of what Luna and Tyvey described on my skin - very strong metallic salt accord combined with a sense of that hard shiny green Tyvey described. The metallic salt accord really comes out strong on my skin.

Still, I think Le wiz was moving in a great direction with this - it just did not work on me. But i think the underlying idea is good - probably just more of a tweek in proportions for it to work on my skin.

• 1 month later...

I am testing this now..It reminds me of a rainy day,the smell of fresh green foliage after the rain..its really nice! Its like spring in a bottle,makes me happy.

I'm getting a bottle.

So glad i decided to get a sample!

• 1 year later...

I like this one a lot. I tend to like any of the rainy/watery/green scents, so that's no surprise. I also love the label. I feel like this scent really evokes that almost magical feeling you get when you watch The Wizard of Oz, and you see the Emerald City in all its glory.

One thing that makes no sense to me is that I smell roses plain as day, even though there are no roses in this one. I am not sure why that might be.

• 5 months later...

Sniffed up close, something in here is arguing with me. I think it's the lime, cause it's pulling some kind of dish soap nonsense. But, when I catch the actual sillage wafting around, it smells very clear and bright and clean. Very nice!

I'm keeping my sample and giving it another run to see if anything changes, cause I love the concept of this.