Beccah

AD-RubyRed-LovePotion_1.jpg

Ruby Red

A bevy of berries is magickally transformed into a sophisticated scent! A riot of red raspberries, strawberries and currants are blended with rich resins: white patchouli, frankincense and myrrh and…presto! Tart and sweet with a layer of elegant powdery smoothness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
RED CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
THYME ~ Protection from negativity, rejuvenating. Health, healing, sleep, psychic power enhancement, love, purification, courage.

My impression is that the berries are more present than the resins, so not quite like that one either. But that's not to say it's not going to remind anyone of something else, given it's a subjective experience and all.

Wow this is actually very pretty and soft. I am getting a soft berry blast, as it dries down it gets more smoother and I want saw mysterious?

I can't detect any the FMP at all, which is nice because all I get is a smooth berrylicious cocktail of mystique and power. This one tricked me. I thought it was going to be all PATCHY FRANKY MYRRYH JAZZ HANDS in my face but it's not. It's very very pretty!

:sorcerer:

I think I like this one so far. It's fruity with a hint of herb from the thyme. So far, the blackberry is behaving for me. Fingers crossed for the dry down!! Despite the deepness that frankincense, myrrh, and patchouli can have, this is a really soft scent. Soft, fruity and sexy. Winner!!

Smooth and sexeh. The notes are so harmonious - no one thing amps, on me anyway. The resins are so pretty and 'extremely expensive conventional perfume' feeling, not headshoppy at all. Similar luxe and sensuous vibe to Scarlet Silk. A bit too grown up fer the likes o'me but a beaut for sure.

I didn't know you could get something half -boosted, how does one do that?

You ask for it but you have to buy the full boost which is 30 I think?

Anyhow so I ask for half boost of this to Ruby Red and the other to Wicked I have them split between the two

First impressions of this one: Wet- Juicy berries, not tart, not sweet, but fresh and clean. It's reminding me of a berry version of Sneaky Clean, if that makes any sense. On the drydown, the berries are still there, the resins are in the distant background, still with that "clean" quality, is that the thyme? One of my favorite herbs to cook with, by the way! After having this one on a while, I can smell the patch, but so far, it's not going too dark and smokey the way LP Red does, but it's definately there. I really like this one!

This is very deep on me like other scents I would characterize in the same fashion: NOX, Blood Martini, ATO Rubies, for example. But the resins seem to be a little more present on me, and the thyme steers it in an interesting direction. The berry mix is further in the background, but there is a tang sort of hoving above everything else. This is something I could see myself wearing in the fall or winter, like I do with others of that kind.

• 3 weeks later...

It's kinda neat that everyone's skin chemistry is so vastly different, because if it doesn't work on one person, it most definitely will on another. I love that about LPs. And I love that Mara lets us trade here.

I don't know if I actually reviewed Ruby Red or not... Nope.

I'd have thought, judging from the ingredient list, that RR would have worked well for me, but sadly, it didn't. It started off well, with a lovely fruity smell, but once it dried down it smelled a little bit like herbal wine... or wine & herbs. Not like a red wine - it kind of reminded me of Vinho Verde a little bit, with a slight bit of effervescence. Not that I don't love Vinho Verde, but white wine sometimes gives me migraines, so the smell of it can make me a little nervous. Stupid, I know. :(

• 3 weeks later...

First application I get fruity, which quickly fades to warm resins. Come to think of it, it is a rouge-tinted scent. Now I adore frank-n-myrrh, but those are overshadowed by the patchouli...or should I say PATCHOULI. Wonder why it amped on me - I don't recall it being that assertive in other perfumes.

Under the sreaming patch patch though is still a teeth-clenching berry-sweetness struggling to break free.

DH (of course) likes it and the bossman also commented that I smelled good. DH likes resins and bossman is a sucker for anything fruity...maybe it's just my twisted nose that focuses on the patchouli.

• 2 months later...

Gave this sample it's first real test tonight. The red fruits are full, juicy and accompanied by frank-n-myrrh make this tasty enough to eat and a feeling of late summer and the onset of autumn. I look forward to wearing this again later in the year on refreshing strolls in the woods.

Gave this sample it's first real test tonight. The red fruits are full, juicy and accompanied by frank-n-myrrh make this tasty enough to eat and a feeling of late summer and the onset of autumn. I look forward to wearing this again later in the year on refreshing strolls in the woods.

Yes, this is really more of a late fall early winter scent as the berries in this are so deep

• 10 months later...

On application this is juicy red berry, then something wicked stabs me in between the eyes. I *almost* give in to the temptation to wash it off because it is SO tortuous to my senses for a good 5-10min. If I can busy myself and get through 20-30 minutes, whatever the snarling beast is in the beginning (I think it must be the FMP combo ya'll refer to) is tempered by then, and what remains is a very pretty combo of warm berry and spice. Something drifts in and out that makes me immediately think of the holidays (probably the frank & myrrh) but it's very subtle. I can see this being suitable for wearing year-round - the fruitiness is very apropos for summer, but the spice can take it well into the fall and winter.

I layer this with MLH and get great EFX from my kids. I think the sweet fruity is enticing to them, but they also get the 'mom is in charge' message.

Edited by LoveStruck55

• 1 month later...

I tested this today to see how it has aged, and I still get the red berry blast, but then I start amping the patch. Recently I have been amping patch to the extreme it rocks the mic like a vandal! Can't have that. Off to the trade my pretty.

I tested this today to see how it has aged, and I still get the red berry blast, but then I start amping the patch. Recently I have been amping patch to the extreme it rocks the mic like a vandal! Can't have that. Off to the trade my pretty.

The patch beast always is a monster on me too ;)

• 1 year later...

I got a small decant of this boosted with SS4W from the amazing Phergineer and tucked it away until this morning.

WOW I love this scent! It is so juicy and ripe it made my mouth water, and the frank/patch/myrrh kept the fruitliciousness nice and well-rounded. At first it was bright strawberry and thyme, after drydown it was blackberry and patch and now at the end of the night, I'm huffing the blackberry and red currant goodness on wafting from my wrists and cleavage. Serious staying power. I can't wait to try this at work!