Okay, I'm finally going to go see 'the victim' after about two weeks of thwarted plans. And you know your plans have been thwarted utterly and completely when you can't get an hour up North for a day or two because you have serial appointments with an oncologist, a radiologist, a surgeon and a new internist, cuz your *old* internist just went out on a leave of absence for an unspecified period of time... :-/

I've been trying the samples that I have here and think maybe that I can't use anything with a large amount of B-Androstenol in it, as well as any of the honeys or ones with pollen. After several attempts it's a headache each time on the honeys and a kind of dazed feeling, like spring allergies. I have no idea how he'll react to things, but they have to pass muster and not make me feel icky first off.

For some reason, the Perfect Match I have here doesn't seem to react badly so maybe it's not the B-Androstenol after all but just the honeys in the others?

I also have LP#7 which I love after several wearings and Sneaky Clean with SS4W which I'm not sure about yet. I think I was in OD land with too many scents on by the time I tried that. Will have to give it a clean slate trial...Rocket Fuel was a no-go for some reason, smells like diesel (?) to me but maybe I was just reacting to the name. LP Red wasn't my style smell-wise and I adore LP#9 but it's way too elegant and subtle for what I'm trying to pull off... #9 needs a target like Humphrey Bogart or Gregory Peck; this man is more Teddy Bear/Psychologist.

I'm thinking of trying PM with just my own vanilla extract (right out of the kitchen!) as a scent note. I love vanilla, it makes me feel safe and warm and has a spectacular calming effect and seems to work as an aphrodisiac on everyone else.

Somewhere on another thread people said not to add in any other pheromone mixes like BAM (with Gotcha?) or Sneaky Clean with PM, that it would be too much, right?

And for future reference, is there any blend with DHEA, alpha-androstenol and cops in it? I'm thinking that might be the effect I'm looking for.

So whaddaya think? PM and Vanilla straight up? I want him to stop talking like the 'Human Potential Workshop' facilitator that he is, and bring out a little more animal...

Or should I go with Sneaky Clean even though it seems to have no effect on me, or perhaps the LP#7 because I love the scent, but without any pheromones?

Sorry for the confusion. It's only 9:30 am and I've already tried several different scents. My frontal lobe is not happy with me.

And for future reference, is there any blend with DHEA, alpha-androstenol and cops in it? I'm thinking that might be the effect I'm looking for.

Topper, except you'd have to add cops, like, use an OCCO with it.

Honestly, I don't know that Perfect Match is going to cause the kind of reaction you want, if in fact you want a blatant sexual response. However, it will likely go a long way towards making him trust you; he sounds like the kind of guy (like the man I'm involved with) who needs a certain level of trust before committing to intimacy.

Thanks Luna. I think the 'trust' thing is coming along nicely, what with all the talking, but you're right there since his last relationship seems to have been a disaster. We spend an hour a day on the phone, until the batteries run low LOL. And the in-person part has been rather hit or miss so far. Lots of blatant sexual moves followed by an apology that he 'doesn't want to move that fast'. And telling me repeatedly that I'm 'pretty' and 'adorable' which frankly it's been 30+ years since I've heard those descriptions :)

This one is an odd one but I'm having fun cracking the code.

I may have to get my hands on something with both Est and DHEA in it with a side order of Cops. Drowned out in vanilla. I did tease on the phone at one point that I like vanilla smells and when he first got near me, he mentioned I hadn't worn any. He had really been looking forward to it or at least remembered the comment, but I had wanted to see how the reaction was just to 'me' and nothing added.

Considering I'm nearing 60 and he's 64, it's complicated by a probable dearth of endogenous pheromones. Things sure have changed since I was 25 and could attract a crowd just by wearing a V-neck sweater and a smile. :)

Edited by signalfire

Hi Cherie - that sounds like a good combination. All unscented right? So I would know if I reacted badly to them, it was the phero ingredients rather than the smells themselves.

Every other time I've tried any commercial perfumes I've been dissuaded by a 'brain thunk' or headache reaction. Most I think just have too many ingredients, upping the chance of an allergy, and also most department store types are synthetics. Aldehydes - Poo! Yuck!! Y'know those magazines that come with scented pages? I can't throw them in the OUTDOOR trash soon enough. I've gotten headaches just from opening the mailbox, ferchrissakes!

I like that LPs are mostly naturally sourced except for a few like civet that I know are no longer available commercially. It may be a question of one-at-a-time in the fragrance testing to get a feeling for them. I'm also thinking one at a time in the phero department might be a good idea. Last time I tried this tactic was 10 years or so ago and very little was available both in information and in variety. I'm astonished at how far the research has come, I should have kept up.

Considering I'm nearing 60 and he's 64, it's complicated by a probable dearth of endogenous pheromones.

Yes there's that too. My Quince is 59 and it's been an issue ever since we've been involved, but we've tried various strategies. Copulins have been very helpful.

I like that LPs are mostly naturally sourced except for a few like civet that I know are no longer available commercially.

I know Mara has discussed this prior and you likely haven't read it, but in fact she's somewhat the opposite; "natural" ingredients aren't necessarily meant to be used in fragrance for a variety of reasons, or they just aren't suited to the process. However, the reason her scents work so well has to do with using the highest-quality purest ingredients she can find, whether they be organic or artificial.

Yes there's that too. My Quince is 59 and it's been an issue ever since we've been involved, but we've tried various strategies. Copulins have been very helpful.

I know Mara has discussed this prior and you likely haven't read it, but in fact she's somewhat the opposite; "natural" ingredients aren't necessarily meant to be used in fragrance for a variety of reasons, or they just aren't suited to the process. However, the reason her scents works so well has to do with using the highest-quality purest ingredients she can find, whether they be organic or artificial.

The 'cops' recommendation has been duly noted. I think the only sample of that I have here is Sneaky Clean, if I remember the ingredients correctly? Or is it the BAM? Back to go check yet again...

I like your signature quotes Luna. Yesterday I read something fascinating on a site that was discussing natural treatments for various diseases;

"Plants are our ancestors and they are far more complicated than laboratory produced chemicals can ever be..."

That realization that plants are our ancestors hit me like a ton of bricks. OMG, how could I not have realized it!?

Well yeah...everything which existed before we did. ;)

I like your signature quotes Luna.

Thanks. :)

They are the observations which most deeply resonate with me in regards to creative integrity.