Beccah

AD-Blackstone_1.jpg

Blackstone

An ode to a courtly and elegant master of the ancient arts. He drew from the secrets of the beyond and combined them with technology so new, his audiences were astounded and confounded. Many of the well-loved illusions of today's magicians are directly from the repertoire of The Great Blackstone. Our fragranced tribute to him is much in the same vein, so unique and mesmerizing, you too will be convinced it is made of magic...the blackest of exotic ingredients with a cherry stone core: deeply sweet black cherry and black currant swirled with the Devil’s Food of bittersweet chocolate and finished with strong black coffee and dusky resins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLACK CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
BLACK CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
BLACK COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
BLACK RESINS ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
Increases power of other ingredients.

Love, protection, exorcism, potency.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...black coffee and black resins ??!! sounds interesting !

I HAD to try this one, cherry and chocolate and coffee...yum!

I wasn't sure to order a sample or fb..but with the shipping $, I went for a fb instead just incase I regretted not getting one.

Mara? Does this smell similar to Jubilee ? but with coffee and resins?

It's supposed to be dark, so I wouldn't think so...I'm trying to imagine what it might possibly be similar to but I'm thinking I won't know that until I smell it.

Mara? Does this smell similar to Jubilee ? but with coffee and resins?

Not to me at all. It's more like bittersweet chocolate covered cherries. Devilsfood chocolate often has a touch of coffee to make it darker, That's where I was going with it. To me it's like a darker version of Special Delivery, and just as delicious.

wet it smells like a slightly darker Special Delivery, then the coffee comes out pretty quickly and it gets even darker. It smells like the Cherry Coffee scrub. Then the resins peek through and quickly ground it all. I think these are resins I can wear. I'll have to try a bigger slather when I am not wearing so many other things.

twenty minutes later and the resins are over taking this for me a bit. If i could just bring out the cherry more. I still get the cherry but it's not as prominent. Undecided on this one. Warrants a proper slather to test better.

It smells like the Cherry Coffee scrub.

That's what it reminds me of! I like the deep coffee aspect of it so far, which is tempered by the other elements so it doesn't come off too "dirt"-like, which coffee notes can do sometimes.

There's a definite nod to Special Delivery in the way the cherry and resins mingle as it dries down. The coffee and chocolate back off but they're underlying the whole thing very nicely. But because it's cherry and currant it might come off just a wee bit cough syrup-like at first. Love it!

Omg this is HEAVEN!

It's like a mix between Baskery- Special D and Lunas Coffe and Cig! This is DEAD SEXY. I think of red lipstick a slinky black negligee and sexy bedroom hair wearing this and eating a cute little fancy pastry.. because it smells soooo delicious. My skin is eating it up just like I want to do to my arm right now.

See I was thinking if Special Delivery were, say, Angelina Jolie, then Blackstone would be Bettie Page.

Oh def! Bettie Page! What I really wanted to say was this is a total red lipstick black leather F+++ Me hard kinda scent..

That was the impression I got when I smelled this.. so yeah Bettie Page lol.. except Bettie Page didn't really want you to F her hard.. she just wanted you to think that.. and I even bent over a bit on a stool with a whip in my mouth

What I really wanted to say was this is a total red lipstick black leather F+++ Me hard kinda scent..

From a gourmand perspective, yeah I can see that, I suppose. It's funny, because I was thinking Dance of Desire is a "please stop whatever you're doing and fuck me right now" scent.

Since when do you hold back? LOL We'll have no more of that!

I must be getting sick.. lol..

From a gourmand perspective, yeah I can see that, I suppose. It's funny, because I was thinking Dance of Desire is a "please stop whatever you're doing and fuck me right now" scent.

I'll have to review that one next! But maybe I should wait til I get home.. I don't want to smell like dancing snatch at work

I wish we had an emoticon of a dancing snatch.. but this will do

:banana132:

This is really pretty, but at the same time it's a little... odd. Well, not odd, but more unexpected.

It goes on like Special Delivery (which I adore), but with a deeper core. After an hour or so the currant comes out, but also the coffee to balance it out. Eventually it dries down to a deep resin with the barest hint of chocolate and cherry/currant. It's more of a copal and amber resin than a frankincense resin - it's round at the edges, sweet and dark. This is a more resin-heavy, chocolate-light, barely-fruity Special Delivery. Great for night time wear!

Yes, yes, yes. Another cherry win for LP. This is like the darker, more mysterious cousin of Special D and I think that it's only going to get deeper and richer with age. It's really anchored by those dark resins like a shadowy veil over the whole scent which entwines with the other notes but doesn't overwhelm them. I love the interaction of the coffee with the black cherry and chocolate. It reminds me of yet another beloved discontinued Starbucks latte I had some years ago (because they always axe the ones I like best, screw them). Now take the experience of sipping that latte at an Edwardian-era magic show in a candlelit hole-in-the-wall with curls of dark incense rising among the illusions, that's what smelling this is like. I'm taken.

It reminds me of yet another beloved discontinued Starbucks latte I had some years ago (because they always axe the ones I like best, screw them).

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf has an ice-blended drink like this too called a Black Forest: which is basically mocha coffee mix blended with chocolate-covered espresso beans and maraschino cherries, I always ask for extra cherries in mine!

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf has an ice-blended drink like this too called a Black Forest: which is basically mocha coffee mix blended with chocolate-covered espresso beans and maraschino cherries, I always ask for extra cherries in mine!

OMG I did not need to know about that... leave off the maraschino cherries, I'd love it.

On Topic: OMG I love this! It is sex in a bottle on me, as I feared/hoped it would be...yes, Full bottle!

The resins are the *best* part of this, the longest-lasting note, but the dark fruits are SO delicious! Reminded my sweetie of the chocolate-cherry liquor treats one gets at holdiay time. He loved it, and kept pestering my neck as I tried to sleep last night, lol.

At the risk of being stoned, I will admit that I didn't care much for Special Delivery. Just couldn't do the chocolate on my skin. But I liked Blackstone in the vial at first sniff! It's so deep and rich. I put it on, and almost immediately, the chocolate went crazy on my skin BUT after just a couple of minutes, the coffee and currant put it in its place!! Now it's just a deep, rich, intensely sexy blend. Much darker than anything I would usually wear, but I want this! It's screaming for an LFN boost.

Hey BlueBear, I'll be right there with you dodging the bullets, Special Delivery didn't smell nice on me, either. Kinda smelled nasty, as I recall. I think cocoa butter on me smells like,um, ........... pooh. I love to eat chocolate, but can't often wear it as a fragrance. :(

ETA: I did not get this as one of my samples for this month, kinda curious now, maybe a sample next time! :)

Edited by SpriteLeigh

Special Delivery didn't smell nice on me, either. Kinda smelled nasty, as I recall. I think cocoa butter on me smells like,um, ........... pooh.

There's a milk chocolate accord in Special Delivery, not cocoa butter.

My Package of Squee arrived today so I slathered myself with this a little while ago. The glitter makes the bottles so much fun to shake up, oooooh pretty! But I agree, this is really more cherry-currant resin than anything else; what I got out of it during first wear has now sort of moved to the back of the palette. It now makes me think of Sungold Mocha but not exactly, more like if they were second cousins.

My skin chemistry has hugely let me down with this one. It smelled soooo delicious in the bottle and for the first few seconds when applied. Then my skin declared war on the currants and won. I have admitted defeat and will be listing this in trade for a skin transplant.

I was so pleasantly surprised that this one loves me, and I love it! I thought that for certain the resin base would ruin it for me, but it doesn't. Not at all. It goes on smelling remarkably like Special Delivery, and then after warming up on my skin for a little while I start to notice the coffee, and then a little later, the resins - which are NOT sharp, headachy, or any other negative descriptor. They're there, but softly so. They tone the chocolate and cherries down quite a bit, but it's okay. I have Special D for chocolate & cherries. Blackstone is another beast entirely, and I think it's a beast I'd like to get friendly with. :)

Update: It took four hours, but my skin finally accepted the currants and the fragrance now smells delightful on me.

Currants often stab me. So glad they don't here. Like others I get special delivery at first, then the mamelons currants peek in, then thr COFFEE pokes its head out - my fav part! CHERRY COFFEE!!!! - And finally the lady v rose cookies resins say hello. Deeeelicious

Blackstone is sounding more interesting to me, I will be getting a sample with my next order. I hope the coffee and resins make this a chocolate I might be able to wear. I went and dug out my sample of Special Delivery just to see if it is any different on me now. Not as bad, but on my skin it doesn't smell like chocolate and cherries. Perhaps Blackstone will work for me :)

Blackstone is sounding more interesting to me, I will be getting a sample with my next order. I hope the coffee and resins make this a chocolate I might be able to wear. I went and dug out my sample of Special Delivery just to see if it is any different on me now. Not as bad, but on my skin it doesn't smell like chocolate and cherries. Perhaps Blackstone will work for me :)

It really could! Special Delivery didn't work for me but this does!