Metamorphosis

Beccah

AD-Metamorphosis_1.jpg

Metamorphosis

The English inventor and watchmaker John Nevil Maskelyne was also a magician who originated the art of Levitation as well as a trick known as Metamorphosis, made further famous by the most sensational escape artist of all time - Harry Houdini. The illusion involves the trading of places between the magician and his assistant, seeming to vanish in thin air and then reappearing on the other side of the stage. Variations often have involved an element of peril such as water tanks, locks and chains, but our ode to this bit of magical history is simply a celebration of a welcome metamorphosis in nature...the changing of Winter into Spring. Spring flowers of Magnolia & Peony are melded with a warm and delicate vanilla sugar and topped with the summery promise of ripe peaches and rich cream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PEONY ~ Happy life, happy marriage.
MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

I hope I love this one. Seems like a natural match for Perfect Match, what with all the happy marriage & fidelity ingredients. :) Again, just waiting to see how the flowers affect my head. I do love peony. And PEACH! :D

I do love peony. And PEACH! :D

If you do, then you might want to try Backstage Pass as well, if you haven't already.

Mmmmmm! Peony and magnolia!! I'm also in a really creamy place, so excited about that. I will have to see how the peach plays out on my skin. It always smells great on me, but sometimes it reminds me too much of a run in I had with fuzzy navel wine coolers in college...

I hope I love this one. Seems like a natural match for Perfect Match, what with all the happy marriage & fidelity ingredients. :) Again, just waiting to see how the flowers affect my head. I do love peony. And PEACH! :D

Oh, what a nice thought, boosting this with Perfect Match! I am FINALLY taking baby steps into boosting scents and I will sniff my trial vial with this boosting thought in mind. And, just might serve some useful self-effect purposes for me at home....

This one I was most excited about..I was hoping for a peachy,floral perfume and then I seen this!

Does this one have sparkles in it too?Nice peach ones probably. Cant wait to review it.

This one I was most excited about..I was hoping for a peachy,floral perfume and then I seen this!

Does this one have sparkles in it too?Nice peach ones probably. Cant wait to review it.

There are others of the type, though...Mango Tango and Backstage Pass, for example.

The entire set has glitter in it.

I thought this might remind me of Backstage Pass a bit but interestingly it's somewhat more like Something Voodoo This Way Comes and I'm not really sure why - the two scents are not similar save for a peach/floral blending - but I think it has to do with the peach accord in that there's something sort of sharp and spicy about it. I don't mean "sharp" as a pejorative, just that it has a bite to it rather than being juicy, fuzzy or sugary. But on me it's the peach and the flowers with very little of the gourmand elements. It softens almost immediately, though, so that may be how those notes are manifesting themselves on me. I think the magnolia might also be skewing this on me, I can't always wear that one.

Wet this is pretty and creamy, not too loud, but I am picking up something like peppery or rancid? I should wait until tomorrow.

I have a billion scents on right now.. I think it might have collided with Sands of the Nile. Crap I think I feel and smell the 'nolia coming through..OH NO WHERE DO I HIDE??? PLEASE STAY BACK

The peach dries down pretty quickly and the creamy magnolia comes up. Creamy, mild and floral. Very pretty.

ETA: The peach comes back! It's not very cakey to me. Just a soft creamy peach with very light florals.

Edited by halo0073

OMG, I lurrrvvvee this one!! Peaches and cream on me, I'm not really detecting much in the way of florals at all. Okay, maybe a little bit, about an hour later. I totally thought Levitation would be the *it* scent of the month for me, but it's this!! I love the glitter in this month's selections, it makes it so easy to identify them when they are slathered up your arm! :thumbup:

Incredibly intense scent memory!!! It smells like floating the river!!! I think it's the magnolia and peaches. Most of the scents here with magnolias tend to remind me of outdoors at home. I didn't think we had that many around but i guess we did, because it causes incredibly vivid memories for me. Fuzzy navel wine coolers were our poison of choice in college, and this reminds me of it (nausea and all.) Luckily the bright flash of peach fades and blends in enough on my skin within the first few minutes, leaving an incredibly lush, creamy fruity floral fragrance that I am just going nuts over!! Light enough for spring, lush enough for the summer. This is also incredibly sophisticated. I feel like I can wear this to a nice summer wedding and it would be appropriate.

And the magenta glitter...yes!!!

It's is that fruity floral that no one does like LP...the peach is almost ripe, the floral is soft and juicy. I often can't do magnolia but it's indeed creamy in this. Surprise favorite of the month so far.

Edited by tyvey

This sounds like a peach I might actually like, though my skin runs the risk of turning peach to pure unadulterated sugar....those of you who have tried it, is there any tartness here to counterbalance the sweetness of the peach? I know some peach notes, like actual peaches, are more tart than others, and those are the ones I can actually wear. I LOVE magnolia so no problems with that aspect.

Peach can be a no-no for me just because it's the loudest note on my skin...overwhelming all else most times. I'm pleased this is a very *balanced* one, both floral and fruit notes playing together nicely. Again, it's a lighter-weight spring scent, wears close to my skin. I'm NOT sure I won't have to spring for this! I like a peach that isn't screaming! :banana058:

I'm actually surprised to find I enjoy peach in perfumes - I discovered this last weekend after wearing Lady Luck and Playdate... Trying this out tonight, I'm loving it. Lightly fruity, creamy floral, I can't wait to give this a full day's run :)

I'm in love with this potion.The peach is there upon first application then the most suductive magnolia comes out blended with the creamy notes making it smell like creamy peach flowers.

• 4 weeks later...

What a beaut this is!! The peony comes out way more on me than before, battling to upstage the very prominent peach blast. It's interesting how the florals make the peach come off as not too sweet. I may need a bottle of this.

My nose is crazy atm, I smelled this not remembering what the notes were and thought...raspberry sweets. I love it, I was surprised to read Magnolia as it's not floral really to me. I slathered the sample all over the front of my Juniper Creek-esque nightie last night.

So I finally got my claws on a sample, and it's another one that's turning into a bottle soon. A peach I like! A peach that doesn't go to straight aspartame on my skin! The peach is tart, more like the peaches we grow in our backyard (in the absence of squirrels) or that you get from a farmers' market than those genetically modified things from ShopRite that taste like sugar water. The florals add an airy, breezy element to this and the vanilla makes it just sweet enough but not overkill. Cool enough for summer and not saccharine--a winner!

This is a very clean, fresh scent on me. The fruit was not overpowering, nor is it cloyingly sweet. I'm thinking it must be the peony that balances it out, because it doesn't scream fruit (not that there's anything wrong with that -- I like fruit), but this is a nice change from some of my super fruity favorites.

It's really bizarre because I cannot do the mag or some peach notes. The only peach I can do is like the one in Delush- So I didn't even think to retest this, but like the butterfly I am, I decided to try this one again and see if it metamorphed on me- and it did!

I don't know what i am smelling but it seems to be peony perhaps? There is a slight creamy thing going on- I thought I was smelling lily for some reason, and I am glad the peach is way in the back or maybe it's in the front? I wonder if the peach in this is like the peach in Delush- which is a white nectar as opposed to a peach peach like in Backstage Pass.. there is a difference no?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been wearing this most of the day... it was the bottle on top when my order arrived.

Just looking and the pretty bottle label with the glittering swirling purple contents made me happy.

The scent goes on lightly floral/ peach. On me this peach is not overtly bright. This dries down to a delicate mixed floral, very, slightly creamed with soft peach gently hovering about. This wears close to the skin. My thirsty skin drank this up today .. but nuzzling up close, the perfume is still there. It feels very feminine.

This scent is as pretty as it looks!

Edited by StacyK

• 1 year later...

I love this but my skin just sucked it up! I mean ten minutes and I couldn't smell a smidge left on my wrists. I'm wondering if this would be the one to finally get with the silicone... I'm afraid the spray would dissipate too quickly too!

• 4 months later...

I'm reviewing this again due to me changing so much.

First off, sugary peach, then that fades out and magnolia/peony push to the front. There's something kind of greasy when i press my nose to my wrist, like greasepaint, but I imagine this is the cream. From a distance it's primarily throwing peach, the other stuff you need to move in closer for. It's a lot more complex than it seemed at first but I'm not sure I like it so much. I'm not sure peony is a great floral on me. It's very interesting and I really like that, it certainly has an aura of the theatre about it. I just don't know if I will be wearing it much.

• 1 month later...
Guest cutie.pie

My late grandma had peony in her garden, so that's why I was interested in this one. It's floral but also peachy and very sweet on my skin. It reminds me of my childhood, I like it a lot :)

• 2 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I got a bottle of this from LoveStruck, because to me, this one is bright sunshine in a bottle :) However, one of my twins decided that this is a perfect perfume for her and took it. I'm really glad my twins share my love for the LPs.