Mysteries of the Orient

Beccah

AD-MysteryOrient_1.jpg

Mysteries of the Orient

In an era when most of the populace did not have recourse to travel, people flocked to performances featuring exotic personages, sharing marvels from distant parts of the globe. Chung Ling Soo was (and still is today) much admired for his showmanship, daringly dangerous feats and amazing magical inventions. He never spoke during his performances, relying on his beautiful wife Suee Seen to speak for him in English since he seemingly did not know the tongue. The truth of the matter is that they were really both Americans. She, a Kentucky gal by the name of Dot, and he, Billy Robinson from New York City. But their “cover” was a convincing one and hardly anyone knew the truth of their genuine identities. With this ode to the couple, we crafted the kind of fragrance that may have been part of Suee Seen’s wardrobe of transformation from Kentucky gal to exotic Asian beauty…soft pink cherry blossoms scattered upon silken musk and vanilla chiffon with hints of exotic fruits and flowers and a droplet of Asian teakwood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CHERRY BLOSSOM ~ Education, feminine beauty, love,
transience of life.
SILKEN MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
DRY VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

Aww man, I shoulda thrown a sample of this in my order too :::: /

Oh well, there's always a next order. And a next. And a next. And a ....(ad nauseam

Seriously though, I love the scent of cherry blossoms...It reminds me of April in Japan, when the sakura-watching and festival season is...

I'm just hesitant to try it because it smelled so fake and wrong in the Bath and Body Works popular scent :::: (

I'm just hesitant to try it because it smelled so fake and wrong in the Bath and Body Works popular scent :::: (

OMG! I have not tried anything with cherry blossoms after going through that nightmare!! I threw that on in the store because so many people were raving about it and it smelled like feet! I don't get it!! Been scared of the blossom ever since. I have no idea what it is supposed to smell like at all.

OMG! I have not tried anything with cherry blossoms after going through that nightmare!! I threw that on in the store because so many people were raving about it and it smelled like feet! I don't get it!! Been scared of the blossom ever since. I have no idea what it is supposed to smell like at all.

Omg me too!!! It smelled like bad deodorizer

Omg me too!!! It smelled like bad deodorizer

Hahaha, my sentiments exactly. Tart feet thinly veiled by a harsh deodorizer.

Just remember that anything Mara uses in her fragrances is nothing like B&BW.

Doesn't it stink afterwards?! :lol:

it smells clean! It smells like you scrubbed the shit out of your bathroom with some hardcore chemicals... with cotton blossoms floating in the air.. I swear to you I have about 3 in the guest bathroom. I also used one of the sprays.. some moonlight path one as like a Fabreze spray.. I had some clothes in storage that smelled like storage.. spritzed that shiz on there and WOW absorbed all the stink.

I make my BF use those sprays whenever he goes to the bathroom because Id rather smell alcohol scented cherry blossom poop, as opposed to straight up poop

Here, and perhaps its a local company, we have a product called poop-pourri or perhaps its poo-pourri... You spritz the bowl with the scented spray... I think it's an oil based scent based on the way it disperses and "traps" the poo-odor. The slogan says "Spritz the bowl before you go and no one will have to know". Very effective; spas, doctors offices; etc have the bottles in their offices.

Just remember that anything Mara uses in her fragrances is nothing like B&BW.

Point well-taken. Which is why I'm kinda kicking myself in the butt for not trying a sample of this. There's been scents that I quickly dismissed as "not doable in perfumes" that I'm backtracking on since I got here

I make my BF use those sprays whenever he goes to the bathroom because Id rather smell alcohol scented cherry blossom poop, as opposed to straight up poop

ROFL... gotta add that to my smangstank dictionary!!

Here, and perhaps its a local company, we have a product called poop-pourri or perhaps its poo-pourri... You spritz the bowl with the scented spray... I think it's an oil based scent based on the way it disperses and "traps" the poo-odor. The slogan says "Spritz the bowl before you go and no one will have to know". Very effective; spas, doctors offices; etc have the bottles in their offices.

OMG...we need some of this at work. I work with some of the daintiest looking women...but sometimes, you'd swear their insides were dying and coming detached.

I've seen that in stores! It always made me giggle.

Okay this is super pretty. Not much of a floral fan but this is made wearable for me by the musk and vanilla which form the most delicious base. The cherry blossom is lovely and pink. I don't get much teakwood. I have had it on about 20 minutes. I am dying to know how it wears after an hour or more. Hoping the floral dies down even more. Definitely not BBW-ish.

Okay wet I am smelling something cold and blue almost like that glue from grade school - it's giving me the same vibe. Not that it's a bad thing.. I used to love glue-ing my hands and then peeling them afterwards when the glue would dry.. so far the wet notes remind me of that.. will report on the dry down

I used to love glue-ing my hands and then peeling them afterwards when the glue would dry..

I mean, really... who *didn't*! That, and making little bouncy-balls from the rubber cement? Those are fond memories!

However! This is not glue on me... I'm getting the dry vanilla (LOVE!) and a topping of light floral, wet. Gosh, this is delicate and girly! I think I love it...

This actually reminded me of NEW a bit - I think it's the vanilla-floral thing - and it's got that same powdery-soft slightly creamy quality. The intensity of the cherry blossom fades fairly quickly on my skin and I suppose I like the drydown but I don't know that this is something I'd wear often. It's so very sophisticated grown-up and I always feel like a fraud when I wear a scent like that.

It's not alike to me but the cherry blossom is the prominent note on me at least. The vanilla musk just make it really smooth and silky. I really am surprised at how much I like this one. It's growing on me more each time I wear it.

Fleurs de Vanille is actually more floral on me than this one, although they are both sophisticated kind of floral blends.

Fleurs de Vanille was very sharp on me, and gave me a monster headache. Mysteries of the Orient is soft and smooth, and absolutely gorgeous. I'm getting lots of Cherry Blossom, but on the whole it's coming off as perfectly blended. I'm so pleased when floral scents turn out to be florals I can actually wear! This is definitely going on my wish list, right near the very tippy top. :)

I actually like the Bath and Body Works Cherry Blossom Scent. Scratch that--i liked a white cherry blossom scent that they had about ten years ago and it was discontinued. This has the same feel of it...but smells much, much, much better! I am getting a crap ton of cherry blossom, but that is okay. It is still delicate and pink, not overwhelming at all. I get just the faintest hint of vanilla. And even though the musk is sheer on my skin, it adds a necessary deepness to this to keep it from smelling too youthful. I just now started getting a hint of wood smell, about 45 minutes in. This is lovely, and I'm mad I didn't order it when I got Radium Girl!!

BTW, this actually does smell a little similar to Fleurs de Vanille on my skin. It's like a more youthful version of it. Both the flowers and the vanilla are richer in that one, but the feeling is the same, to me at least.

At first sniff I thought I get sandalwood, but it's teakwood, more subtle than sandalwood. The cherry blossoms blend well with the woody notes. I can't detect the vanilla yet. I have to give it some time to dry down. But so far, it's a light floral & woody scent, reminds me a bit of Blossoms of Love.